The results are in from 'your three most used ships'... and the results will amaze you!

Funny, I own all top 3 ships, but I've never *liked* any of those. Sure I've used them as they excel in their own field, but I always use other ships when possible. For example my SagittariusA* trip was done with... Cobra Mk III.

DBX is quite surprising, given the aesthetics disdain that most seem to have for it. I'd say the only reason between it and AspX is rivalry for Exploration as a focus.

Engineering has made the DBX a bit of a go to for collecting the bits of stuff needed by the shamans (who sprinkle the resulting ground up dust over your ship) to make it more better-er. Like anything tho, people would never admit to debasing themselves in such a fashion.

Where's the Asp Scout ?

On the side of the road with a flat tire, with that nagging feeling it might have left the oven on. Poor thing.

Last edited:
No surprise at the Python.

It's one of my 3 most disliked ships (along with both Asp variants, which are the ugliest ships in the game, by far), because it feels horrible to fly, but even I find myself using it more than my other, more loved ships, because it is just that good. At everything. At the same time even!

ASP, Cutter and Corvette are my most used ships atm as well.
I do have a Python that I use occasionally, since it's quite useful and I have used the DBE extensively in the past.

Strange to see the Dolphin so down the line, it's ideal for passenger exploration misions. That was the only "surprise" for me. I also expected the T9 to be a bit more used after the immense buff it received compared to the Cutter.

I missed this entirely - my favourite three ships so far, in order, are T-6, Keelback and Cobra MkIII, so I have rarely felt as out of step with my fellow commanders!! The one caveat is that I am currently saving towards a T-7, so have not tried the might Python, yet. I do have an Asp-X, though, and rate it behind my top three. I guess we're all different!

It's not a click-bait title, honest... :x... as you will be amazed how largely predictable the results are, although there are a couple of small surprises, just nothing major. So before you reveal the spoilers just have a quick wee ponder on what the top seven ships might be, and their likely order.

There were twenty-three ships voted for overall with 171 votes cast in total, and so....

1-3
1st - Python
2nd - Asp Explorer
3rd - Diamondback Explorer

4-7
4th - Imperial Cutter
5th - Federal Corvette
6th - Anaconda
7th - Fer-De-Lance

8-20
8th - Chieftain
9th - Cobra III and Vulture
11th - FGS
12th - iCourier
13th - iClipper
14th - DbS
15th - Viper IV and T-9
17th - Adder and FAS
19th - T6 and Dolphin

Bottom 3
20 - Cobra IV
21 - T-10
23 and Last - Eagle

Well, there you have it, another bit of trivial fun done and dusted. I was a bit surprised to see a couple ships in their respective positions. What do you think?

What happened to 22? I love the T-10 and it came in 21. [blah] :)

Some of those who voted should have tried the T-7 in explorer setup. It’ll jump more than 45 ly (right now without the Guardian booster), nice big unrestricted compartments, good top speed and high boost, very manouverable, big fuel tank, nice Lakon cabin and can’t be interdicted if anything above a slug is at the helm. It has the aesthetics of a brick, but perhaps it’s one of the most realistically looking ships in the game (??). I fly mine often and enjoy it eventhough I have ships like the Anaconda, AspX and others.

X78aOZM.jpg

“The Rusty Bin”

TKNMOVy.jpg

Last edited:
Happy to see the Clipper at 13th: my lucky number :D

My top 3 ships are: Clipper, Clipper and Clipper. My Asp X comes a close 4th

Never flown a Python, tried many of the middle sized ships, yet to afford a Big 3 vessel.

Nice poll, OP.

o7

It's not a click-bait title, honest... :x... as you will be amazed how largely predictable the results are, although there are a couple of small surprises, just nothing major. So before you reveal the spoilers just have a quick wee ponder on what the top seven ships might be, and their likely order.

There were twenty-three ships voted for overall with 171 votes cast in total, and so....

1-3
1st - Python
2nd - Asp Explorer
3rd - Diamondback Explorer

4-7
4th - Imperial Cutter
5th - Federal Corvette
6th - Anaconda
7th - Fer-De-Lance

8-20
8th - Chieftain
9th - Cobra III and Vulture
11th - FGS
12th - iCourier
13th - iClipper
14th - DbS
15th - Viper IV and T-9
17th - Adder and FAS
19th - T6 and Dolphin

Bottom 3
20 - Cobra IV
21 - T-10
23 and Last - Eagle

Well, there you have it, another bit of trivial fun done and dusted. I was a bit surprised to see a couple ships in their respective positions. What do you think?

Yep, I could have called this, those are my top three, for sheer range the DBX is awesome, while the ASP X is more versatile, great poll cmdr, rep attached.

According to Sandro sometime last year, they're going to do something for the AspS sometime this year. I'm curious to see what.

I hope they take the opportunity to do something with the Keelback as well. Quite how they've made a Q ship slower and less manoeuvrable than its base model is beyond me. Either give it bigger guns or improve its performance because at the moment it's pretty pointless. And I say this as a fan of the ship, the boost sound is epic.

Some of those who voted should have tried the T-7 in explorer setup. It’ll jump more than 45 ly (right now without the Guardian booster), nice big unrestricted compartments, good top speed and high boost, very manouverable, big fuel tank, nice Lakon cabin and can’t be interdicted if anything above a slug is at the helm. It has the aesthetics of a brick, but perhaps it’s one of the most realistically looking ships in the game (??). I fly mine often and enjoy it eventhough I have ships like the Anaconda, AspX and others.

“The Rusty Bin”

It's my dream ship!!! Can I ask you, what did she cost you, all in?

I hope they take the opportunity to do something with the Keelback as well. Quite how they've made a Q ship slower and less manoeuvrable than its base model is beyond me. Either give it bigger guns or improve its performance because at the moment it's pretty pointless. And I say this as a fan of the ship, the boost sound is epic.

I love my Keelback. I know what you're saying, but equally they likely don't want to make it too similar to another ship. If every ship is good at everything (which, with each having its advocates, is where such tinkering would naturally lead) then the universe might wake up one morning and find itself a little grey.

Top Bottom