the sad truth of people still defending frontier

I'm still absolutely dumbfounded that people are still defending this mess of a game even after release. No customisation, tiny islands, no variety in buildings, WRONG dinosaur sizes, shallow terrain tools, low quality and lack of variety in animations, poor AI, non-existent guests . Any of you that thinks this is going to get fixed after launch are fools. They've would've had plenty of time to implement these things if they wanted to from the start. They are literally using the same engine from Planet Coaster.

At best they will add DLC for more dinosaurs and some OG Jurassic Park assets. Thinking that they're going to basically patch their game into something that it should have been from the start is sad and laughable. We as the consumers have a right to expect, even demand, a certain quality of game if we are going to be paying full price for it. We literally gave them our hard earned money.

This game completely missed its mark, and I am so sad and disappointed.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NMS
I understand you are disappointed, in a capitalist society if the majority feel as you do and consistently so the pain will be felt at FDev towers soon enough.

wow. dude, we're on day 2

and of course, those of us who love the company will defend them and support them. Same as you would for anything you love

everything you've posted about has the potential to be fixed in numerous different way post launch, s owe're not sad and laughable to think it'll happen. No-one yet knows what will happen but those of us that trust in Frontier's path will keep our hopes up for the future

They developed this game in less than 2 years. Granted the lack of dev time was their own fault, but the reason for mentioning this is that this time was spent creating everything in this game that's NOT able to be lifted from Planet Coaster. Sure your point is valid, they could bring some of the models over to allow more park customisation, they could bring over some of the terrain tools, expand on some areas of management and guest iterations. But that's not the initial focus, the initial focus was to try and flesh out all the new stuff specific to this game that we got on launch day

And guess what, if they decide to expand the game out and there is stuff that they'll lift from PC to slide into this game, well that'd be a lot easier to do wouldn't it? It would mean a faster expansion of the game which would have a limited cost (read as would likely be free patch content) and all can be done and fixed post launch (contrary to your statement)

For me, the game hit it's mark, but I kind of get the impression that you just had a different mark you wanted it to hit

Game is very good - you should try it OP, rather than just reading some negative reviews.

And do try to watch your blood pressure, all that ranting can't be good for you ;)

Yeah, I must say I was very pleasantly surprised by the game after seeing the likes of the IGN review. Dodged a bullet.

The game isn't perfect and there's more from that I'd like to see on the dino sim side of things, but so far gameplay has been very compelling. It has that "just one more turn" feel to it for me that gets me playing for hours on end. We'll see how long it can keep that up, but still, can't really fault a game that can do that, especially coming off the back of all the negative criticism from internet denizens.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Everyone's entitled to their opinion as long as it's polite and constructive.

If it's not weil.......

wonder how long you actually played the game? I found a lot of the neg comments where people who didn't get past the first island, spent about an hour playing it and it wasn't a tycoon game. It's a business management game, not a park sim. It says it I don't know how many times so maybe you went in thinking this was a re-make and not it's own game.

I'll say for a 8GB game, it's pretty well put together. Yeah there are some questionable dislikes, but lets face it... games today are not what they once were. I think it's a fun game, got me playing for 15 hrs yesterday and had my kids wanting to play it too (they don't get to touch dad's PC haha). You can't please everyone

that's the kind of reply that just makes me cringe as it emphasizes every point I made

You don't seem to have a point; you're just calling people out because you don't agree with them. Pretty hilarious. :D

People geeking out on a video game forum... What'd you really expect either way?

Try talking more about the game and what you'd like fixed about it or whatever. The rest is just hot air.

A Wishlist is for FUTURE content. Not content to be added to the release version...You can't expect them to pull out all the features people desire in their game 2 months and below before release date. It's just not possible.

Art assests.
AI.
Programming.
Designs in general.

I'm not one for defending companies when they screw up, but apart from Nublar (In my eyes.), they've done a somewhat good job, honestly.

the wishlist was started 2 months before the game released and is currently at nearly 1000 posts. They're not miracle workers

I'm still absolutely dumbfounded that people are still defending this mess of a game even after release. No customisation, tiny islands, no variety in buildings, WRONG dinosaur sizes, shallow terrain tools, low quality and lack of variety in animations, poor AI, non-existent guests . Any of you that thinks this is going to get fixed after launch are fools. They've would've had plenty of time to implement these things if they wanted to from the start. They are literally using the same engine from Planet Coaster.

At best they will add DLC for more dinosaurs and some OG Jurassic Park assets. Thinking that they're going to basically patch their game into something that it should have been from the start is sad and laughable. We as the consumers have a right to expect, even demand, a certain quality of game if we are going to be paying full price for it. We literally gave them our hard earned money.

This game completely missed its mark, and I am so sad and disappointed.

agree, they already failed with elite dangerous and to think they will improve is foolish (shame on me as well)
The most of the budget I think was pumped into graphic, animation and license

Most of the ppl here forget the a game should be done and not "they gonna add it maybe later" "wait for the patches" ...

Last edited:
Customization of what exactly?

Islands are no smaller than JPOG's building size.

Two dinosaurs are undersized. Easy fix.

Terrain tools do exactly what they need to. What are you expecting? To be able to paint tundra a few hundred miles from the equator?

Considerably more animations than JPOG, and to say the quality of the animations is "low" is an insult to an animation team that quite honestly deserves a damn medal for their work on this game.

AI is just fine. Better than JPOG's, at the very least. Could be better, could be worse. This is what you call "comfortably good".

Guests are some of the best I've ever seen in a park-builder, visually speaking. They interact with their environment in all the ways I'd expect of a 2018 AAA title, and in ways I didn't even expect they would.

No, they wouldn't have had plenty of time to implement your big laundry list during development. Making a game is more involved than just "We want this, type type type, done!" Planet Coaster had exactly zero support for the star of the game, which are dinosaurs. The vast majority of development time rightly went into making the dinosaurs look, sound and move beautifully. Your expectations are absurd if you think any dev team could come up with the kind of game naysayers are demanding in the amount of time they spent making this game.

No, we do not have the right to demand anything. Well, we have the right to demand it, verbally speaking. We don't have the right to receive it. We didn't crowdfund this game. We didn't give them money based on specific promises made pre-release. Whether it's video games or cutlery, the responsibility for spending one's money is on the consumer, not the manufacturer. It's your job to research the game before you buy it. Frontier never promised the things you and others are expecting, and if you jumped in sight unseen expecting your perfect game and didn't get it, you screwed up and that's entirely on you, I'm afraid.

The only thing anyone has a "right" to is what they've wrought with their own hands. If you want a perfect game, study the skills, take out the loans, assemble the dev team, and make it yourself. Harsh as it sounds, that's life. We have the right to expect whatever we want, but that doesn't mean we're literally entitled to it. When I walk out the door, I expect to be treated with dignity and respect by my fellow man. But if a cashier treats me like dirt, he hasn't committed some offense just because I spent money at the store he works at and didn't get the treatment I expected. Why is game development any different?

I don't mean to sound so harsh, but I'm getting pretty sick of gamers having this ridiculous mentality of entitlement and trashing perfectly good developers because they didn't deliver what that specific person wanted. The only time that argument works is if a game is crowdfunded based on very specific promises that aren't delivered, and that's not what happened here. Like the game or don't. Keep it or refund it. Believe in Frontier and continue buying their games, or abandon them. Those are the only entitlements you possess here as a consumer.

I don't want to say that I am not enjoying the game because I do enjoy it. But now we know that a lot of things me and others expected are true and people should stop white knighting now. This game lacks a lot and none of us can't say if anything of that will get fixed.

agree, they already failed with elite dangerous and to think they will improve is foolish (shame on me as well)
The most of the budget I think was pumped into graphic, animation and license

Most of the ppl here forget the a game should be done and not "they gonna add it maybe later" "wait for the patches" ...

not sure what they failed on with ED but then again I've not played in a long time. I know from friends that do still play it that they still enjoy it and it's still supported

and seriously, games haven't been finished at launch since the online consoles made their mark in 2007. In fact in the last 5 years it seems that the bigger the game dev, the more is left out at launch for fixing/adding/paid DLC later on down the line

If they didn't add a single feature, I'd feel I got my money's worth on this game. I did not have crazy high expectations and I'm enjoying what's there. To each their own. I also play Elite dangerous a lot and love that game so different opinions I suppose.

Top Bottom