General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to this? I've tried googling all sorts of terms but can't find any report of this.

I have, but it's in spanish (from Spain's newspapers).

True, europe for instance got screwed because there almost no local industry, nearly everything was outsourced to china, bangladesh etc, and now that we needed to produce stuff quickly we simply can't, and got ourselves into a position where we are now dependent on China (the irony) to quickly produce the stuff we need to save ourselves from a situation they made worse than it should have been by ommiting information.

Globalism could only work if it goes all the way, it won't fully work while it's still mixed with our old nationalisms (a bit like the EU :) ) But we're still far from being ready for such a thing, we're still far too different all around to become "one people" on this planet.
Giving the production of strategic and vital products to a foreign country (in the present case mainly China) is irresponsible and criminal.

🧐

----------------------------------------------------

😷

Berlin City State Senator, Andreas Geisel spoke of "an act of modern piracy". "This is not how we treat transatlantic allies," he said.

"Even in times of global crisis, we must not come to the methods of the Wild West. "

;)

Read the article, rather than cherry-picking from it.

Andreas Geisel's quote is in reaction to the initial quote from the unnamed Berlin Authority.

And while we're cherry picking, I see you've missed out the closing section (because I suspect for you Western Captialism is only bad when it comes with in English).

"This competition for the purchase of masks against the virus is however global and without mercy: snags sometimes occur inside the European Union where several members have prohibited the export of medical equipment or decided on requisitions, such as the France.

According to information from the weekly L'Express , on March 5, France seized masks belonging to the Swedish company Mölnlycke on its territory, which were intended for Spain and Italy.

The Czech Republic also seized masks, part of which was to be delivered to Italy."

Notice how the tone changes from PIRACY!!! to 'snags' when it happens to be France caught with its proverbial hand in the cookie-jar?

Read the article, rather than cherry-picking from it.

Andreas Geisel's quote is in reaction to the initial quote from the unnamed Berlin Authority.

And while we're cherry picking, I see you've missed out the closing section (because I suspect for you Western Captialism is only bad when it comes with in English).

"This competition for the purchase of masks against the virus is however global and without mercy: snags sometimes occur inside the European Union where several members have prohibited the export of medical equipment or decided on requisitions, such as the France.

According to information from the weekly L'Express , on March 5, France seized masks belonging to the Swedish company Mölnlycke on its territory, which were intended for Spain and Italy.

The Czech Republic also seized masks, part of which was to be delivered to Italy."

Notice how the tone changes from PIRACY!!! to 'snags' when it happens to be France caught with its proverbial hand in the cookie-jar?
I do not dispute the fact that many European countries and other nations are not free from reproach.

--------------------------------------

😷

I can imagine Erdogan in Brussels

That would be a tragedy.

Erdogan, together with the chinese CCP, are among the top of my list of people I wouldn't mind a piano fell on their heads.

I remember a few years ago the coup d'etát in Turkey, I was cheering for someone to chop Erdogan's head off, until I finally realized the "coup" was all made up to give Erdogan an excuse to completely wipe out his opposers in Turkey.

But I am starting to digress...

Hmm, didn’t Germany and France ban the export of medical supplies at the beginning of March and cancel deliveries to other European countries?

Germany introduced an export ban early march. Can not say for sure whether Epxort to other European contries was stopped . Eu followed suit a few days later . I was informing the Thread about this when the USA annoucned the same shortly after. I am sure if you really want to have facts, you can easily find verifiable sources on this ! I was saying in this Thread that it is more than understandeable if Nations now prioritze their own Needs, instead of selling the Stuff off . .

What does this have to do with stealing Life saving PPE ?

Last edited:
Some good news from Belgium: numbers keep steady. Yesterday 503 new patients in the hospitals, with 375 patients leaving. As long as there is no new surge, hospitals will not be overloaded. :)

Some bad news from Belgium: besides TP, apparantly people have also started hoarding HOTAS. No X56 in the entire country...

Germany introduced an export ban early march, Eu followed suit a few days later . I was infomring the Thread about this at the time . What does this have to do with stealing Life saving PPE ?
It has to do with a country looking after its own at the detriment of another country. This could still be classed as stealing when something manufactured and bound for another country is stopped and requisitioned

🇩🇪
Starts looking steady more and more .

That is the RKI dashboard .
The 2 Graphs on the right hand side are
TOP : distribution of cases by age and, what is it, gender/Sex ? Anyways, dark blue are females, light blue are males ;
BOTTOM : daily new cases .Yellow part of bar is portion of cases having been confirmed the day before, but only having been in the stats next day due to RKI updating at 00:00 . Over the weekend, reporting is lagging, we will get that normalized by next week Tuesday . Stil...looking good .

Numbers acc Worldometers, as of April 4th, 2020, 11:41 UCT +1

Coronavirus Cases (total ): 91.159
Active Cases : 65.309
Serious or ciritcal : 3.936 ( 6%)

Cases with an outcome : 25.850
Recovered/discharged : 24.575 ( 95%) <- these are estimates, have not found official (RKI ) information yet as to the methodology ; looking at #s of patients hospitalized/in low ICU/high ICU, and comparing them with number of deaths may be one of the things they are looking at ;
Deaths : 1.275 ( 5%)

Last edited:
It has to do with a country looking after its own at the detriment of another country. This could still be classed as stealing when something manufactured and bound for another country is stopped and requisitioned

I am not sure whether I understand you correctly . Are you trying to say "No, I wont sell you his Stuff cos I need it myself." is the same, or comparable to "Heh, I know this your stuff, I know you paid for it, but I need it, so I am going to simply take it off you !" ?

I am not sure whether I understand you correctly . Are you traing to say "No, I wont sell you his Stuff cos I need it myself." is the same, or comparable to "Heh, I know this your stuff, I know you paid for it, but I need it, so I am going to simply take it off you !" ?
I am not sure whether I understand you correctly. Are you trying to say ‘no I wont deliver the stuff allocated for you cos I need it myself’ is not comparable to ‘hey we need this stuff so we are taking it’?

Some bad news from Belgium: besides TP, apparantly people have also started hoarding HOTAS. No X56 in the entire country...

It could be worse.

This is circulating in facebook groups in the UK...

91616109_10217105858863988_5536956616915550208_n.jpg

Hey, anyone bored yet? :D Partner starting to grate?
ohman, I feel so lucky that my girlfriend and I are used to working from home together, but even so, we’ve created a safe-space in our spare room! (Partial joking)

I am not sure whether I understand you correctly. Are you trying to say ‘no I wont deliver the stuff allocated for you cos I need it myself’ is not comparable to ‘hey we need this stuff so we are taking it’?

When Germany introduced that export ban, there were incidents of shipments ( for instance to Switzerland ) being held back in Germany . The main reason for the export ban to be set in place and these shipments be held was to curb profiteering and pricegouging ( France gave same/similar reasons ) . Companies shipping product through Germany had to/have to obtain a license for their shipment . Once that license was obtained for the mentioned shipments, they were sent on their way .

On the other hand...to protect itself, germany could have unilaterally blocked borders indiscriminately weeks before the first border restrictions were put in place ( quite a few Nations around us did...)...imagine the joy and frolicking as transport of goods from west to east, north to south and vice versa of the EU simply....stops . Well...we did not .

Last edited:
Hey, anyone bored yet? :D Partner starting to grate?
ohman, I feel so lucky that my girlfriend and I are used to working from home together, but even so, we’ve created a safe-space in our spare room! (Partial joking)

I do miss meeting up and having a chat over a pint in the pub - a bunch of us have replaced that with a weekly Microsoft Teams virtual meet which ends up 4 or 5 hours and we have a laugh.

Apart from that and other visits not much has changed really to our routine. I've been working from home for over 15 years so nothing new there for me - I just don't get out to visit clients in these times. We have family moments and we also do or watch our own thing on various devices. On mild days like today we can get in the garden.

If it makes you feel better, I recently purchased the X56 to "upgrade" from my T16000M set, only to find out that while the X56 is much prettier and cooler looking, the T16000M is much more ergonomic and it's overall much more pleasant to use than the X56.

If it makes you feel better, I recently purchased the X56 to "upgrade" from my T16000M set, only to find out that while the X56 is much prettier and cooler looking, the T16000M is much more ergonomic and it's overall much more pleasant to use than the X56.

Ouch. Man, if only they made a T16000m that wouldn't fall apart within a year. :/

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom