General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Child protection services is a horror. Its, at best, a last resort for children stuck in homes with meth addicted guardians. Anyone who thinks a child deserves that just because their parents have a different take on being forced to put chemicals in their bodies should be looked at with extreme skepticism as to their real motives

Child protection services is a horror. Its, at best, a last resort for children stuck in homes with meth addicted guardians. Anyone who thinks a child deserves that just because their parents have a different take on being forced to put chemicals in their bodies should be looked at with extreme skepticism as to their real motives

In the UK the biggest number of children are taken away from parents/guardians are done so under the term ‘neglect’. That includes addict parents, those that do not provide the basic care (food, shelter) for their children and, inevitably, those that fail to provide adequate health care.

It is my firm belief that in 99% of the cases, money spent on rehabilitation and education would prevent such a terrible thing happening to a family. But that’s another debate.

You on the other hand, it would appear, would let them run the risk of catching some terrible, life threatening virus because their mum read something Karen posted on Facebook that has no medical grounding at all. Very compassionate.
Interesting you used " Karen ".
First time I heard this (from other sources) was today.
Karma.
Got your number.

The funny part of this discussion is:

Children are almost completely unaffected by this disease.

And that completely ignores the fact that almost if not all credible health organization's in western civ have already clearly stated that demonstrating by the tens of thousands in the name of social justice far and away is more important than observing any "scientific" protocols. In other words, covid infections simply aren't that big a deal.

This is a very poor comparison btw. Most rational people accept that administering vaccines is done with no malice intent. Mengele was conducting brutal experiments that were furthering nothing more in many cases than his own sadistic pleasure.
He worked for a company very much like the one under who's jurisdiction you are under.
Make sure you’ve written it down correctly because you managed to spell Dawkins’ surname wrong.
Oooh...Ooooh....
Grammar police...
Pull over....

Cracks me up that humans think we could ever comprehend what a "god" could be, but at least Dawkins fans don't kill!!

It's a question of scale.
If an ant cannot fathom a car, how can a human really apprehend the whole Universe, or any power that made it? We(99% of us) don't have the capacity to even understand ideas like Relativity, which only approximate whatever is really going on.

Whatever we've worked out is likely analogous to the ant "scratching the surface" of the bonnet, with no inkling of the engine.
Guessing the purpose of it? Not even going to try here.

I'll stick to simpler stuff. Which I can barely handle. :rolleyes:

That's what the space lizards want you to believe.

images

I don't argue with antivaxxers anymore. It's pointless.
You can only get there by being irrational in the first place. Which means rational sequences cannot be followed.

Better to make a sandwich. Peanut butter and strawberry jam - last jar from the January stockpile....
As I said earlier, if you have the vaccine and I refuse, what do you have to fear?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom