General / Off-Topic The safest place

Nope. Not sure which bit of what I said that pertains to, but I presume the "manager" question? It just seems to me you would only need to call a manager when there's a problem you can't resolve.
Old maxim: Interrupt the first customers transaction to serve an angry customer, and you will have two angry customers instead of one.

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea announced its first coronavirus infection more than two years into the pandemic Thursday as leader Kim Jong Un called for raising COVID-19 preventive measures to maximum levels.

Wonder what is going on, for real, over there. Why the change in messaging now?
NoKo has crossborder peddler trade with mainland China, which is now losing control of BA.2. Nobody knows what their vaccination status might be, WaPo reported last month that they have zero coverage.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/04/24/north-korea-covid-vaccines-covax/

Our knowledge of the Omicron variants is limited to populations that are either previously infected widely or are widely vaccinated, or both. No idea how pathogenic it may be vs that unique population.

Some more data coming to quantify cognitive impact of the disease:
The cognitive deficits in COVID-19 survivors were of a similar magnitude to the decline in cognitive function that normally occurs in individuals between the ages of 50 to 70 years.

Fortunately, the brain effects are dependent on severity of infection, so if you got just a mild bout, not to worry. But go to ICU, and you evidently could lose cognition equal to 20 years of ageing. That's 10 IQ points.

Kansas has passed a law: Specifically for Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine.
Kansas senators early Thursday morning narrowly passed a bill that would force pharmacists to fill unproven off-label prescriptions for drugs intended to treat or prevent COVID-19.

We must be already seeing the cognitive deficits at play. :)
If people vote wrong, they get to die nowadays. Same crap going on here, with Medical Practitioners selling "Ivermectin drips" etc to the gullible. There's no regulation evident, they just do whatever they want, which is whatever sells well. Like injecting each limb with saline when a stroke comes in, charge by the cc and buy lots of 20- cc syringes. A good portion of the public isn't even getting the Ivermectin, it costs a bit more than plain saline bags and some tape that has Ivermectin written on it in Sharpie.

North Korea-
But in an update on Friday, the official KCNA news agency reported that the outbreak extended beyond the capital. "A fever whose cause couldn't be identified spread explosively nationwide from late April," it said.

Around 350,000 people had shown signs of that fever, it added, without specifying how many had tested positive for Covid.
Yep, it's a mystery fever affecting 350,000 people during a global pandemic. No telling what it might be.

Comparing the 2 situations-
It's clearly possible to get away with lies and nonsense ONLY when the truth isn't blatantly obvious to the target audience. When hundreds of thousands are all sick at once, even an environment like NOKO cannot cover it up. But Kansas/Trinidadian doctors can do this 3 years into the pandemic because their semi literate target audience can't parse reality at all. If most people get better, the fake medicine is going to "succeed" by appearance most of the time, though it does not actually work.

You'd think a global pandemic is the one time people would stop their positioning and try to actually fix the problem, but nah, not happening.
North Korea rejected offers from the international community to supply millions of AstraZeneca and Chinese-made jabs last year. Instead, it claimed it had controlled Covid by sealing its borders early in January 2020.
3 doses of Sinopharm is actually comparable/better than mRNA coverage. Too bad they didn't use it.

Last edited:
Two friends of mine went on a week long cruise yesterday. Right after recovering from bronchitis.

Maybe I'm lucky I can't afford a cruise?
I picked up cheap flights to Portugal for a week away, wine tasting mostly :) interesting to see attitude differences - public transport still has compulsory mask wearing there, and in general people appeared more considerate for those still wearing masks generally than here uk in brighton at least.
Flight wasn’t too bad - wouldn’t do a cruise anywayz.
My festival bookings are way busy into this year, it feels like some are making up for lost time! I think there’s a lot of socially deprived people absolutely bursting to dance around and hug people!!.. :)
I really don’t know if the public would adhere to a further lockdown if a dangerous variant appears, it’d certainly put the final nail in a lot of the creative/performance industries.

I picked up cheap flights to Portugal for a week away, wine tasting mostly :) interesting to see attitude differences - public transport still has compulsory mask wearing there, and in general people appeared more considerate for those still wearing masks generally than here uk in brighton at least.
Flight wasn’t too bad - wouldn’t do a cruise anywayz.
My festival bookings are way busy into this year, it feels like some are making up for lost time! I think there’s a lot of socially deprived people absolutely bursting to dance around and hug people!!.. :)
I really don’t know if the public would adhere to a further lockdown if a dangerous variant appears, it’d certainly put the final nail in a lot of the creative/performance industries.
They won't put up with another lockdown. They'd rather die.

Local case count is stuck at around 500 new/day. Hospital demand has fallen off to nearly 10% demand at peak though, despite the higher rates, so some Covid only facilities are reverting back to original use. 4th dose mRNA boosters are starting from Friday this week.
But use is limited to the over-60 population, plus the immunocompromised and medical staff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom