General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
EP4f5nNUcAg-gJ7

Sorted.

Aye, island nations. In case everything really goes upside down, also cut off from the rest of the world with no ability to receive any kind of help...Being relatively small areas with lots of people also ideal for viruses and disease to have a cozy little environment to breed and spread. No, thanks.
It's massive northern tundras and forests of Canada, and Siberian part of Russia that will be last havens of humanity. Mark my words :)

Australia
New Zealand
Iceland
Malta
... are the top 4.
Australia? Really?
There are more species of deadly venomous spider in one town than there are sick people in China.
AND the whole place is on fire. Which can be a good thing, I guess, considering the nCV doesn't like heat, but neither do I. :LOL:

Being relatively small areas with lots of people also ideal for viruses and disease to have a cozy little environment to breed and spread.
Actually the land mass of Australia is as great as that of north America and most of it is uninhabited. I'll take my chances here I think.

And also, it seems that the internet connections are very bad.
Um, sorry, no.

Where do you people get your information? Because it's basically wrong.

Actually the land mass of Australia is as great as that of north America and most of it is uninhabited. I'll take my chances here I think.
I wouldn't take my chances in Australian bush today...nevermind in an apocalyptic event. Do you think all those deadly crawling, walking, running, flying, swimming things will also be affected?) Also, the heat alone would kill you in matter of days if you happen to get lost and not find water. Not an issue in Canadian North. Whole place is basically made of lakes and rivers.

I wouldn't take my chances in Australian bush today...nevermind in an apocalyptic event. Do you think all those deadly crawling, walking, running, flying, swimming things will also be affected?)
If you grew up here, grew up in the country ("the bush") you would have some bush craft; so no worries. I'm afraid people who have never grown up with the bush don't have a clue. Anyway you rarely ever hear of anyone killed by snakes or spiders (there is antivenin for just about everything these days).

These types of arguments mirror the worthless hysteria about shark attacks. More people are killed in road accidents by a factor of twenty than are killed by sharks.

Sorry but "alternative facts" don't count....

If you grew up here, grew up in the country ("the bush") you would have some bush craft; so no worries. I'm afraid people who have never grown up with the bush don't have a clue. Anyway you raerly ever hear of anyone killed by snakes or spiders (there is antivenin for just about everything these days).

These types of arguments mirror the worthless hysteria about shark attacks. More people are killed in road accidents by a factor of twenty than are killed by sharks.

Sorry but "alternative facts" don't count....
I mean...more people travel on roads than swim with sharks. Naturally :)

I mean...more people travel on roads than swim with sharks. Naturally :)
Mate we're a nation of beach goers if you do live on a coastal seaboard. You don't swim with sharks. They come inshore following school fish during warm currents because that's their feed stock; not humans despite t\heir reputation as ruthless killers.

Not all sharks are killers but, thanks to Steven Spielberg, some sharks have gotten a bad reputation.

Mate we're a nation of beach goers if you do live on a coastal seaboard. You don't swim with sharks. They come inshore following school fish during warm currents because that's their feed stock; not humans despite t\heir reputation as ruthless killers.

Not all sharks are killers but, thanks to Steven Spielberg, some sharks have gotten a bad reputation.
I'm not really afraid of sharks, swimming wouldn't be my priority in survival situation :)

...and mosquitos (during summer) and bears (during winter) :LOL:
Mosquitos are a nuisance. And bears...trust me, bears aren't even the most dangerous animals in Canadian wilderness :) Bears are not naturally aggressive. However...moose, and wild boar. Those can ruin your day. Also, wolves if you are alone. But wolves are extremely rare to be aggressive towards humans. They'd have to be really hungry, and you'd have to be really really alone and looking weak.

Mosquitos are a nuisance. And bears...trust me, bears aren't even the most dangerous animals in Canadian wilderness :) Bears are not naturally aggressive. However...moose, and wild boar. Those can ruin your day. Also, wolves if you are alone. But wolves are extremely rare to be aggressive towards humans. They'd have to be really hungry, and you'd have to be really really alone and looking weak.

I went kayaking with a friend there a couple years ago (From La Grande Riviere to Lac Dalmas). The mosquitos were not JUST a nuisance. :D
Yeah, I know about moose. They're terrifying beasts. And they can swim faster than you can paddle, so I'm glad we didn't meet any.
But my point was, I guess, it was a great adventure, but as a place to live, even temporarily to survive an outbreak... nah, I'll take my chances in Cardiff. :LOL:

This may be an Urban Myth.

I head a similar story in the early 1980s, someone did a study of winds and climate and decided that in the case if Nuclear Holocaust the safest place to be would be the Falklands Islands so they sold up and moved. A few months later, the Falklands War broke out between Argentina and Britain.

Humans will always strive to GO to these places, hence not safe at all.

You need to pick a place that is extremely implausible for any human to be able to go to.
Antartica, Kerguelen islands and Svalbard might be good places. There be food there.
One of the best places are the deep rain forest tribes of the Amazon or Africa. Nobody want to go there and it is possible to hide with food readily available.

But then again:
1580803741987.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom