General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The odds of you never having been near one are next to zero. I have our local Corona app, I rarely leave my house and I have had 'mild exoosure' warnings about half a dozen times.

I think you're probably right.

I've had the app for months and haven't had a single alert - and I'm in London.

:unsure:

I've been going shopping several times a week since March last year - basically exactly as normal - we did pub visits at least once a week for a couple of months when it was allowed.

I really don't know - so far so good I guess - and I'm really not taking anything for granted.

ETA - for the avoidance of doubt for anyone looking in whgo hasn't seen my post history - this isn't me saying I think this is nonsense or fake or anything like that..

Last edited:
🇹🇹
The OPM said: "The Prime Minister underwent an angiogram and a subsequent angioplasty which went well. In accordance with normal medical procedure. The Prime Minister will be kept for further observation overnight."
- 4 pm today.

- Clots.
Taking bets on the Covid tests, down from the Cardiology rooms. I'm going negative, as that's what the news will say.

It was not protesters that I saw, but very many people walking in the street without masks.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

There is no requirement to wear a mask outside in the UK. We are just asked to keep 2 metres apart. It’s only indoors we have to wear them and even then at work we only need to wear them if we can’t keep 2 metres apart.

People aren’t allowed to gather in groups but when people have been protesting about other issues and have an IQ over about 50 they realise wearing a mask is the right thing to do given all the other measures they are breaching. If they are protesting because of lockdown or they don’t believe the virus is real then I don’t suppose they would wear a mask anyway.

I don’t think it will be long before we are told to wear a mask outside but the government is just going along with the advice from its scientists on that issue. Seems like common sense though but we do like to reinvent the wheel here.

There is no requirement to wear a mask outside in the UK. We are just asked to keep 2 metres apart. It’s only indoors we have to wear them and even then at work we only need to wear them if we can’t keep 2 metres apart.

People aren’t allowed to gather in groups but when people have been protesting about other issues and have an IQ over about 50 they realise wearing a mask is the right thing to do given all the other measures they are breaching. If they are protesting because of lockdown or they don’t believe the virus is real then I don’t suppose they would wear a mask anyway.

I don’t think it will be long before we are told to wear a mask outside but the government is just going along with the advice from its scientists on that issue. Seems like common sense though but we do like to reinvent the wheel here.

Masks are problematic in the UK because for the first three months the government told everyone there was no science that they were effective. They then switched to fining people who don't wear them where it's legally required.

I suspect it was because they'd messed up on pandemic stockpiling and supply and didn't want to have to compete with the public to source them in the short term.

Once that was over they changed tack and the mixed messages are causing problems. They claimed both decisions were science led at the time which has the unforeseen for them (but entirely predictable for us in this thread) effect of making people doubt the science at the worst time in history to introduce those doubts.

More than 80,000 dead and 3 million Covid cases in the UK.

I just saw the streets of London on the TV news. Thousands of people without masks, the police without masks..

I just saw on the news on TV, the streets of Paris (more than 67,000 dead in France). Hundreds of young people in the streets without masks drinking alcohol.

Should I continue to have compassion for these countries ?

United States ? They reap what they sowed.

You can die by the thousands, be sick by the millions, I won't cry for you anymore. 🥳

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷
Gee, thanks. I knew it was my fault.

Masks are problematic in the UK because for the first three months the government told everyone there was no science that they were effective. They then switched to fining people who don't wear them where it's legally required.

I suspect it was because they'd messed up on pandemic stockpiling and supply and didn't want to have to compete with the public to source them in the short term.

Once that was over they changed tack and the mixed messages are causing problems. They claimed both decisions were science led at the time which has the unforeseen for them (but entirely predictable for us in this thread) effect of making people doubt the science at the worst time in history to introduce those doubts.
The claim, 'we are following the science.' Was and is, to justify and reinforce policy. The issue is, is they are 'finding the science opinion' that fits the policies, they wish to impose. As you said: The 'policy' was to hold back PPE for the medical workers, so the WHO advice to wear a mask, was suppressed and the science they found and followed. Fitted into the example of: If you have enough distance between people, then a mask, will make little difference to the transmission rates. This 'is' sound scientific advice, because it is true; just not fit for purpose, in the real world.

Again. The policy is, to keep the kids off of the streets and mums and dads back to working normally. So the science states and proves, the virus hits kids less, (one box ticked) with correct social distancing, the spread is reduced, (another box ticked). Hands washing as often as possible, also helps reduce spread, (three boxes ticked) What more solid scientific facts, do you need to force schools to stay open? They can ignore the science, that states kids are mostly asymptomatic. Or that kids just don't get it, when told how important social distancing is; as these things do not fit the policy they wish to impose.

Just like the law, someone can twist the science, to fit almost whatever they wish too. They even have the standby excuse: 'Well this is a new virus and we don't know enough about it and so we may have to change the science lead advice.' Rubbish. The pandemic play book has been written and tested and it works. Test, trace, confine and contain: From day one, hard and fast, without compromise.

Another prime example: Before Xmass the UK was basically locked down by the world. All of the places basically said. Get a negative test and you can come into our country and so lorry drivers etc., had to be tested to transport goods and now that 'is' the standard procedure. However: Due to opposition from the U.K. travel industry, airports etc and the still lack of testing kits in the U.K. People coming into the U.K. have not been compulsory tested, until this week and the way it is being done; to prevent blockages, is a joke. Get a test, leave the airport, get a text later stating you are positive and must self isolate.

Last edited:

It was common sense that wearing a mask was probably a good idea. But to be fair to the government the WHO was saying their was no evidence to support the use of masks up until June.

It was common sense that wearing a mask was probably a good idea. But to be fair to the government the WHO was saying their was no evidence to support the use of masks up until June.

I've been wearing one since March IIRC, I ignored the UK government and just followed Angela Merkel's advice, advantage of being a European household.

It's a shame we didn't think to start our own conspiracy theories:

"Why don't the government advise you to wear masks - do they want you to die? Don't be sheeple, wear a mask to annoy the govt!"

"New super-medicine being withheld by government as they worry about running out for themselves - everyone stock up on Vitamin D - take it every day"

Exactly what happened in France.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 :)

Unfortunately, it is difficult to maintain the safety distances.

I see in my city. Impossible in the supermarket shelves to keep 1 or 2 meters distance, depending on the crowd.

It is the same thing in the streets. And even if it's possible, people forget (me too).

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Last edited:
Mass exposure to Coronavirus at the US Capitol. As predicted days ago in a removed post.

The Capitol’s attending physician notified all lawmakers Sunday of the virus exposure and urged them to be tested. The infected individual was not named.
- the A.P.

Many are octogenarians and septugenarians. This may have greater consequences than any macroscopic event.

Last edited:
Mass exposure to Coronavirus at the US Capitol. As predicted days ago in a removed post.

- the A.P.

Many are octogenarians and septugenarians. This may have greater consequences than any macroscopic event.
This is going to cause spread in other ways too. For example, twelve unmasked passengers on a flight to Seattle from DC were banned by the airline. It's likely they were at a superspreader event.

I'm having a hard time building confidence in the authorities.
I_want_to_believe5.jpg

US intelligence agencies have 180 days to share what they know about UFOs, thanks to the Covid-19 relief and spending bill

I'm having a hard time building confidence in the authorities.
I_want_to_believe5.jpg

US intelligence agencies have 180 days to share what they know about UFOs, thanks to the Covid-19 relief and spending bill

As long as we litter the oceans with plastic, we get Corona for free from E.T.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom