General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
There is now evidence of a third example variant, originating in Amazonas state, Brazil, and identifed by Japanese researchers in travellers from there.

Brazil's Health Ministry said it has been notified by Japan's authorities that the new variant has 12 mutations, and one of them has already been identified also in the variants found in the United Kingdom and in South Africa. "It implies in a potential higher virus infectiousness,

This is yet another 501 position mutant, and it seems that given enough opportunity to replicate, this is the dominant emergent path for the genetic drift.

3 emergents on 3 different continents, counting UK as Europe, with apologies.

Last edited:
A Covid-19 mutation that is thought to have "supercharged" a new and highly-infectious variant of the virus in the UK was first detected in Brazil in the spring, say scientists.

Studies show the new variant, known as a N501Y mutation, was circulating in the South American country in April, in Australia between June and July, and in the US in July.

Backtracking this is going to take some work.

counting UK as Europe, with apologies.

no need to apologize, the uk never left the european continent, only the european business alliance (sadly, the eu turned out to be little more than that).

unless some brexiters want to push it further and now want to declare a new continent of their own?
that would be actually a great idea! just imagine the drama! :D

no need to apologize, the uk never left the european continent, only the european business alliance (sadly, the eu turned out to be little more than that).

unless some brexiters want to push it further and now want to declare a new continent of their own?

I'm a bit drama'd out to be honest.

First US Congressperson tested positive today.
75 years old. Lung cancer survivor.
That is bad, a sad thing to hear.

Not sure about this. Is there a 'magic potion' the doc's can give them? I ask, because of most of the 'high-profile elderly humans'; I hear that have caught this virus. Not many are dying. Some, are back to work, etc., in no time at all.

Declaring a new continent sounds unlikely but a project to turn the Isle of Wight into a gigantic outboard motor that pushes us further into the Atlantic sounds possible šŸ˜

A ā€œWorld beatingā€ outboard motor!

That is bad, a sad thing to hear.

Not sure about this. Is there a 'magic potion' the doc's can give them? I ask, because of most of the 'high-profile elderly humans'; I hear that have caught this virus. Not many are dying. Some, are back to work, etc., in no time at all.

Well some of them got the first dose of vaccine, so that ?might help.
There is monoclonal antibody infusion too.

I'm going to guess that the infection is now widespread in the cloistered underventilated group of sequestered officials. Some may die, as a result, deepening the gravity of the incident.

I would sue in civil court.
There is a boatload of cash to be liberated here from the common source of both proximate and direct causes.

Well some of them got the first dose of vaccine, so that ?might help.
There is monoclonal antibody infusion too.

I'm going to guess that the infection is now widespread in the cloistered underventilated group of sequestered officials. Some may die, as a result, deepening the gravity of the incident.

I would sue in civil court.
There is a boatload of cash to be liberated here from the common source of both proximate and direct causes.
Loads of money for the legal parasites, in between, but yes you are right. Not sure how deep the money well 'is'.

sue for what? (i mean what reason apart from dirty money ;))

are congressmen subject to specially risky conditions related to covid?
Those liable, would be a good start. Although that may take some time, as there is a lot of other 'cases', that have to come before, the victims get it to court.

sue for what? (i mean what reason apart from dirty money ;))

are congressmen subject to specially risky conditions related to covid?

Cannot respond in detail. Forum limits.
The injured party in a related dispute sued the offender for 1.3 billion in lost revenue. Likely to easily win that, and many more potential defendants forthcoming, including media houses.

It could be quite a bill for this. Considering there are hundreds of plaintiffs.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom