The Scourge - Overview of Phases

Might have to start running my T9 to Diso from the Witch Head with food aid. At least it's not Beryllium...
Plenty of unblighted Agri stations out in WH, so no need for long haul. Prices do look nice, but no Agri commodities are very expensive, so no vast amounts of CR to be made at the moment.

New, untested fertiliser shows up on the market. Sudden widespread crop failures...

Coinkidink? Mefinx not. (If the no-fluff Galnet change is actually a thing of course) :unsure:
Coninkidink, imo. New fertiliser showed up after the crop failures... and my test system still hasn't had any blight.

Now, if the blight is a result of sabotage to push sales of the fertiliser, that's a whole other arc i could get behind.

Now, if the blight is a result of sabotage to push sales of the fertiliser, that's a whole other arc i could get behind.
Well, if you had any proof that the Fertiliser could cure the blight then that might work to increase sales, but with only a tiny number of high pop Agri stations being affected - and with everywhere else making a loss if you sell Rockforth - I guess no-one is testing that. I know I gave up :)

To be fair, I also don't see anything in the last dozen posts or so that explain why the CG station has 32 million stock of Rockforth Fertilizer that is priced at 1 credit buy/sell.

What's the takeaway? That instead of using the grain, fertilizer, and synthetic reagents we delivered to feed people and tend crops.. They stirred it all up in a big cauldron to make more fertilizer?

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

We have updated the thread with the next phase!

PHASE 2 (16 October)
Initiative to Eradicate Rockforth Fertiliser

The Rockforth Corporation’s EX7 fertiliser has been linked to the blight affecting crops in a number of systems, prompting an initiative to remove the product from the market.
Dr Genevieve Kane of the Interstellar Association for Agriculture delivered an urgent message:

“Comparative analysis has confirmed that the blight is caused by the EX7 fertiliser. The original poor harvests have been attributed to natural factors, and it is now thought that the situation could have been contained had the fertiliser not exacerbated the problem.”

“Initial food shortages were offset by a recent trade appeal in the Diso and Orerve systems, but the blight’s symptoms have since been reported in hundreds of systems. While we investigate the reasons for this rapid spread, preventing further fertiliser distribution is vital.”

Rockforth fertiliser can now be collected at negligible cost from the following markets:

• Sharon Lee Free Market, Orrere
  • Lave Station, Lave
  • Warinus, Lave
  • Shifnalport, Diso
  • Davies High, Reorte
  • Watson Station, Orerve
  • Roentgen Hub, LFT 37
  • Macedo Station, Lei Zi
  • Phillips Gateway, Ensoreus
  • Baird Gateway, Arque
  • La Soeur du Dan Ham, Riedquat
The Teveri Progressive Party has arranged for the safe disposal of the fertiliser and has offered to compensate pilots for their efforts. The fertiliser should be delivered to Wiley Port in the Teveri system.

To expedite this initiative, Lakon Spaceways has agreed to lower the cost of the Type-6 Transporter, Type-7 Transporter and Type-9 Heavy. Cargo rack prices have also been reduced in all starports.

The initiative is scheduled to run from the 16th to the 22nd of October 3305. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
Summary:
  • Independent commanders will be required to bring Rockforth Fertiliser to Wiley Port in the Teveri system.
    • Start Date - 16 October @ 15:00 (UTC)
    • End Date - 22 October @ 15:00 (UTC)
  • Rockforth Fertiliser is now available to collect from markets at negligible cost from the stations listed below:
    • Sharon Lee Free Market, Orrere
    • Lave Station, Lave
    • Warinus, Lave
    • Shifnalport, Diso
    • Davies High, Reorte
    • Watson Station, Orerve
    • Roentgen Hub, LFT 37
    • Macedo Station, Lei Zi
    • Phillips Gateway, Ensoreus
    • Baird Gateway, Arque
    • La Soeur du Dan Ham, Riedquat
  • For the duration of the Community Goal, Lakon Spaceways has agreed to lower the cost of the following ships:
    • Type-6 Transporter
    • Type-7 Transporter
    • Type-9 Heavy
  • Cargo Rack prices have also been reduced in all starports.

Top Bottom