The Scourge - Overview of Phases

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

We have recently posted an update on the Interstellar Initiative, check it out!

PHASE 3 (22 October)
Militant Group Responsible for Blight

An extremist group from the Kappa Fornacis system is responsible for the contaminated fertiliser that has caused widespread crop failures.

Gino Borstein made this statement on behalf of the tri-superpower taskforce investigating the blight’s origin:

“Our investigation has confirmed that an activist group known as Scythe of Panem managed to infiltrate Rockforth Corporation manufacturing plants in the Riedquat system. Members of the group contaminated the EX7 fertiliser with a synthetic agent designed to putrefy plant matter.”
Recent efforts by the galactic community have almost eradicated the EX7 fertiliser. But Borstein warned that the activists have turned hostile upon discovery.

“The group’s manifesto discusses revenge for the Federation’s 3301 campaign to wipe out the recreational drug known as Onion Head. This involved an orbital bombardment of Onion Head crops on Panem using biocides with a similar genomic structure to the blight. It’s likely that the activists used these biocides as the foundation of their synthetic agent.”

“Shortly after we located Scythe of Panem cells in the Quator system, their more militant members responded with unprovoked violence. Local citizens are now at risk of being caught in the crossfire.”

An effort to neutralise the activists is being led by the Bruthanvan Co faction, which has requested tactical support from the galactic community.

Independent pilots who destroy Scythe of Panem ships in the Quator system will be generously rewarded by Bruthanvan Co. This campaign will run from the 22nd to the 28th of October 3305.

Summary:
  • Those behind the contamination of the Rockforth Fertiliser have been discovered! A faction, Bruthanvan Co, have requested tactical support in destroying the group responsible for this treachery, the Scythe of Panem. Destroying Scythe of Panem ships and handing in the Combat Bonds at the Quator Station in the Quator system can help the faction achieve this.
    • Start Date - 22 October @ 15:00 (UTC)
    • End Date - 28 October @ 15:00 (UTC)

Greetings Commanders!

We have recently posted an update on the Interstellar Initiative, check it out!

PHASE 3 (22 October)

Summary:
  • Those behind the contamination of the Rockforth Fertiliser have been discovered! A faction, Bruthanvan Co, have requested tactical support in destroying the group responsible for this treachery, the Scythe of Panem. Destroying Scythe of Panem ships and handing in the Combat Bonds at the Quator Station in the Quator system can help the faction achieve this.
    • Start Date - 22 October @ 15:00 (UTC)
    • End Date - 28 October @ 15:00 (UTC)
ooooo, plot twist.

Can I defend Scythe of Panem or fight for them to help their cause and beat back the group effort fighting against them?

Is there a benefit to taking a side here?

Wait.. is there even a side to take? Feels.. one sided..

Why are we doing this?

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
ooooo, plot twist.

Can I defend Scythe of Panem or fight for them to help their cause and beat back the group effort fighting against them?

Why are we doing this?
Based on my understanding, since this is a CZ based event, sure you can fight for Scythe of Panem, but there is no CG for that, just the usual Combat Bonds payout and maybe massacre missions if they spawn in the local stations.

Based on my understanding, since this is a CZ based event, sure you can fight for Scythe of Panem, but there is no CG for that, just the usual Combat Bonds payout and maybe massacre missions if they spawn in the local stations.
I mean.. we've had CG's where two sides competed before and these new II's are supposed to be better than the old CG's, right?

Just feels like we went from monthly CG's to quarterly II's with the promise that the II's were going to be more interactive going forward and help to shape the galaxy we live in but the reality is they're less interactive and no one is quite sure why we care about them.

So these guys were just minding their own business growing some onion head. Big brother comes and takes a dump all over them, they decide they aren't gonna take it sitting down, and now we're helping big brother clean up the mess he made because he couldn't just leave some potheads alone?

Man this started out like a cool story and now its just .. uh..

Yeah, maybe I'm with the potheads on this one..

So these guys were just minding their own business growing some onion head. Big brother comes and takes a dump all over them, they decide they aren't gonna take it sitting down, and now we're helping big brother clean up the mess he made because he couldn't just leave some potheads alone?

Man this started out like a cool story and now its just .. uh..

Yeah, maybe I'm with the potheads on this one..
So you're ignoring the fact they were going to starve billions of people, and that what they did was terrorism ?

ooooo, plot twist.

Why are we doing this?
Take your pick from:-
To save civilisation
To avenge the plants (death to Vegans)
To fight terror
It is what our (pick one) Federation/Imperial/Alliance/Independent/Alien Overlords command
For the money

Note other options may be available.

I mean, the "corporate greed" angle where Rockforth polluted crops in order to sell their fertilizer better would have been more interesting..

Instead it looks like we're getting:

"These potheads are resourceful enough to reverse engineer the weed killer that the police crop-dusted their plants with and from that develop a bio weapon and then secretly infiltrate a mega corporation to frame them ... You can believe that, right?? Right?!?"

I'm normally pretty lenient and don't really care, but this story is so ... bland and formulaic... "drugs bad, police good, terrorism something something...."

Ok, let's see what happened.

More than a month ago someone noticed problems with food. So that a new fertilizer needed.
In a week (yes, that fast) new fertilizer was created, and was sold through the bubble to different systems, both superpowers, alliance and independent. And problems with this started immediately, as fertilizer wasn't checked properly in that controlling department, so one could suspect some problems even that time.
Soon after, blight happens. No hunger but blight. Though civil unrest and so on happens, too.

And now you want to say some onionhead sellers poisoned the fertilizer for a revenge? Sorry, don't believe they could organize all this in a week. Not saying this, but someone helped them. Someone who knew of a fertilizer development long before it was official announced. You know, corporative espionage and more than that, sabotage is not this thing that happens in a week.

I can provide more details, if you want. But don't try to stalk my ship, it's outside the bubble. And don't worry, you don't catch me until Achilles or Sirius detonate my FSD.

No opposing CG, but the progress bar in the War state is tracked separately and could in theory be won by SoP.

Unlikely in practice - there'll be a lot of firepower supporting them on the CG side - but not impossible, and not really any harder than winning a competing CG would have been.

Top Bottom