The Scourge - Overview of Phases

Well the current CG may be a bug-ridden mess, but I'm impressed with the pacing of the story. It actually has me using GalNet again!

Now if we could just somehow turn this into a "FCs vs bug fixes" proxy war, I might feel like fighting for a side, need to vent off some frustration. :mad:

Why can't we make any choices in Interstellar Initiatives (except for doing it or not) ?

The first 3 phases are only CGs back to back with one single predictable outcome and we can't do nothing to counter them or make choices / take side.

I really don't feel that the success is compromised in any ways too...

Is there any difference in the impact (except for the payout) between tier 1, 3 or 9 in each CG ?

I really thought that cutting the "fluff" in Galnet and focusing on in-game stuff + spending more time on IIs would have lead to something more complex and engaging...

o7

Why can't we make any choices in Interstellar Initiatives (except for doing it or not) ?

The first 3 phases are only CGs back to back with one single predictable outcome and we can't do nothing to counter them or make choices / take side.

I really don't feel that the success is compromised in any ways too...

Is there any difference in the impact (except for the payout) between tier 1, 3 or 9 in each CG ?

I really thought that cutting the "fluff" in Galnet and focusing on in-game stuff + spending more time on IIs would have lead to something more complex and engaging...

o7
Join the resistance! Fight for the Scythes! Death to the Federation!

Ship rares from ....x or y or z to a or b .... for testing against the blight might make a good twist .... would benefit small ships.

I’m really losing my patience at this point. None of the CZs are working on Xbox. And why are only 2 out of 6 or so CZs in this system relevant to the II.

just do one thing right FD. I swear going to work is less frustrating

One working CZ for me tonight. Another one seemed to be working initially but bugged out halfway through. All the Bruthanvan ships disappeared, and the poor CMDR fighting on their side suddenly got swamped by NPCs that only had him as a target while he had no NPC support and was sent to the rebuy.

Ugh... seriously?

How stupid.... this is just another LoR all over again...

I'm walking in to work just now, but I'll follow up after with a more detailed post on why this is awful design. Might as well end the CG now with defeat for the Scythes.
I never voted for you as arbiter of good game design. Nobody else did either.

Dive in and fight, don't whine on the forum like it is already a foregone conclusion.

Dive in and fight, don't whine on the forum like it is already a foregone conclusion.
Except I am already fighting, despite the fact it is a foregone conclusion because of the event's rubbish design.

I'm happy to be proven wrong with an article from FD next Tuesday on Galnet about how the Scythes pushed back and won.

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

We have a new development for you!

*NEW DEVELOPMENT (24 October)
Anti-Blight Treatment Discovered

The galactic community has been asked to support an initiative that could counteract the blight that is devastating crops in hundreds of systems.

With the blight pathogen present across inhabited space, the Interstellar Association for Agriculture has decided to press ahead with controlled distribution of a promising new agronomic treatment.

The IAA’s Dr Genevieve Kane provided further information:

“Ever since the blight was identified, our scientists have been working alongside Rockforth Corporation research teams to develop an effective counteragent. We appreciate the full cooperation granted by Rockforth Corporation representatives in this endeavour.”
“Following essential contributions by both the Vandermeer Corporation and Neomedical Industries, we have developed an agronomic treatment that should reverse the disease’s effects.”

“The priority is to transport the treatment to the Diso and Orerve systems, which were among the first to be ravaged by the blight. If these primary agricultural centres can be made viable again, we can then proceed to revitalise crop production elsewhere.”
Agronomic treatment can now be collected from the following markets:

Conway City, Ltt 4961
George Lucas, Leesti
Thomson Orbital, Lansbury
Cousin Ring, Tjindjin
Margulis Station, CD-44 10336
Nourse City, Esumindii

Independent traders have been asked to deliver the agronomic treatment to Shifnalport in the Diso system and Watson Station in the Orerve system.

The initiative is scheduled to run from the 24th to the 30th of October 3305. If the final targets are met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
Summary:
  • A treatement for the Blight has been identified, but independent commanders are now being called upon to help deliver it to key agricultural centres: Shifnalport in the Diso system and Watson Station in the Orerve system.
    • Deliver Agronomic Treatement to either Shifnalport (Diso) or Watson Station (Orerve). This treatment can be collected from:
      • Conway City, Ltt 4961
      • George Lucas, Leesti
      • Thomson Orbital, Lansbury
      • Cousin Ring, Tjindjin
      • Margulis Station, CD-44 10336
      • Nourse City, Esumindii
    • Start Date - 24 October @ 07:30 (UTC)
    • End Date - 30 October @ 07:30 (UTC)
  • For the duration of this Community Goal, if you dock at any of the above stations, you'll receive The Scourge decal (below):

• What will this mean for the wider galaxy? Find out at the end of the Interstellar Initiative next week!

Last edited:
If people want to sabotage they probably can - limited supply ports and cost is only 42 CR/T.... need to be quick though :) (And not sure what supply was, probably high I guess)

No decal showing up for me.

Profit is ~ 5k/T for trade

Edit: And now getting connection errors trying to get to supply locations, oh fdev - where was the beta for the CG 😝

Last edited:
Top Bottom