The Search for Gan Romero

I’m probably very late to this discussion, but I think he probably went to the Empyrean Straits region. The “Empyrean” is an old name for the highest heavenly realm. That seems to track with some of the comments regarding his dream journal.

And that region being close to the centre is definitely "Radiant"

For sure. Dante’s Paradiso includes a trip to the Empyrean realm, which is the realm beyond the highest heaven. It’s a realm beyond the physical wherein god actually resides. I think he likely went somewhere within this region.

Where he went within this region is anyone’s guess.

I’m probably very late to this discussion, but I think he probably went to the Empyrean Straits region. The “Empyrean” is an old name for the highest heavenly realm. That seems to track with some of the comments regarding his dream journal.
An area of space, not dark but radiant...
Could be.

Just need to pin it downto one of about 30 billion systems!

So I was in Cubeo this morning, checking out the passenger lists at Chelomey Orbital. This one really pricey trip (~30Mcr) comes up which sends you to EEMBAISK DG-O E6-2972, so I check it out, and the gal map immediately starts acting weird, flickering in and out. Probably a bug. I pop out of gal map and look at the time remaining to pick up the ride - 3 weeks and change. Popped out of starport services and back in - passenger is gone.

I'm guessing that someone else was at that very moment picking up that passenger mission, hence the gal map weirdness and the disappearing mission. But regardless, EEMBAISK DG-O E6-2972 looks very interesting, and also happens to be in the Empyrean Straits. Like, as far away in the Straits as is possible. 31,000Ly away. That the mission was put forth by the Prismatic Imperium in Cubeo is not lost on me either.

My conspiracy whiskers are tingling, against my better judgement. ...Gan?

Holloway says if I decide to go that far, one way, she's out. Is anybody in the region to pop over and have a look?

Q

Oh,will Holloway be looking for a new berth soon? I have a spare seat i could offer her,if she's interested. I could do with someone who has a healthy respect for the terrors of the deep black.

EEMBAISK DG-O E6-2972
According to the map, there's nothing of note there but... stars. Yet, it's a sightseeing mission's target, so something special is in there. Worth a visit, probably.
Maybe we should check passenger missions in Vega and try to identify a visiting trend?

According to the map, there's nothing of note there but... stars. Yet, it's a sightseeing mission's target, so something special is in there. Worth a visit, probably.
EDSM says it's got a red/green planetary nebula around it, which fits the "glowing not dark" theme, and a tourist beacon on planet 1a.

Almost certainly worth a look, though more likely for the sightseeing than for any connection to Romero.

STRANEOU RI-T E3-1149, another "heavenly" planetary nebula, this one a phenomenal blue. Also in the Empyrean Straits, this time on the exteme near side. 18,800Ly away. There's gotta be a LOT of these.

Q

The very next passenger on the board is headed to SHROGEA MH-V E2-1763. A rather beautiful black hole inside a planetary nebula. Empyrean Straits. 21,200Ly.

Sigh.

Q

A little part of me has wondered if Bjorn Lennox isn't an anagram of the region we want to focus on.... wouldn't be the first time that sort of clue has been used (like EOL PROU RS-T and "Proud Rest" sorta thing)

What was this about proud rest?

One of the several messages on Jacques Station which were received garbled in stations[1] within the bubble, and were the originally intended way to locate Jacques... not to just stumble across it like what happened: Before Colonia was Colonia, it was EOL PROU RS-T D3-94... note in this message from Jacques though, it refers to "Proud Rest", similar to "PROU RS-T".

[1] Ever since the forums got updated, it's been hard to search for older threads... but there was another thread posted by someone who had found the clues in galnet feeds from various stations around the bubble, in varying states of corruption, after Jacques original discovery. Their thread was to back-track how we were meant to find Jacques.

EDIT: OMG I hate link auto-embedding :/

An interesting fact about the name Gan Romero... in many languages Gan means something like "walk" and "to go" and Romero is a surname meaning "religious pilgrimage". Allegedly this might point to a pilgrimage from rome to jerusalem, but this is only a theory they have about the names origins. So literally his name means "To go on a religious pilgrimage". I dont know if that was intentional by FDEV, but it seems very possible that it was given how they have done things before.

This also connects to the idea previously suggested that he went to the Empyrean Straits...

My thought is that either
A) There are clues within the bubble that he left behind to indicate the direction he is headed
B) These clues will only be found when we get closer to his actual location
C) The clues are not in the game yet but will be at some point

Since Im an explorer by nature, Im heading to the straits because Ive never been near the galactic center, so I might as well. Already have a few leads from this thread and my own research of the area.

o7 commanders!

Greetings, Commanders. My own hunt for Gan Romero continues. I have taken a meandering route from nebula to nebula moving towards the galactic core. I think I've travelled way more than the 16,000 or something ly I am away from Sol. I have not seen any trace of him but a few weeks ago I got excited in the Eagle Nebula when I went to scan the nav beacon and there was an NPC ship which I scanned. The pilot's name was Commander Something (I forget his actual name) and for a moment I thought it was an independent CMDR. I couldn't hail him however and realised it said Commander not CMDR. I figure he was part of some military prison thing as the eagle nebula houses a prison colony (lovely place ). He was flying (iirc) a T7. I thought it odd as I've never seen a Commander.

Since then I have surveyed countless systems and found no trace. I did find the tiniest nebula ive ever seen though. it really only had one system in it. I've scoured the norma expanse and the norma arm. I've found a lot of water worlds on my trip, a few elw's and ammonia world's, some stellar phenomenon, a few black holes (one of which, I dropped out of hyperspace right in the exclusion zone of and I thought it may be my last), but no Romero. Most of the nebulae are already discovered but they are new to me. sometimes I wonder what I'm doing, a trader pretending to be an explorer, but I am getting the hang of it and enjoy finding new world's and especially systems nobody had visited before. I am heading right into the centre now, using neutron stars to go almost 260ly a jump but after reading what others have said I will slow down in the empyrean straits and search there. After that the galactic core then I'm heading back to the bubble to consider what to do next. I won't be giving up looking but may take a short break. I really need to dock somewhere and repair my powerplant and hull. Also, i just want to hear the comm chatter and see ships. Its getting spooky out here, i think i see things in hyperspace. Seriously. I'm sure i saw a bright object moving the wrong way in the corner of my eye and when i tured my head it vanished. On the plus side I'll never have to worry about money again. If I actually make it back!

Fly safe, Commanders

A little part of me has wondered if Bjorn Lennox isn't an anagram of the region we want to focus on.... wouldn't be the first time that sort of clue has been used (like EOL PROU RS-T and "Proud Rest" sorta thing)
And a little part of my thought has been that Bjorn Lennox is Gan Romero, and it's all part of some intricate plot to defraud the insurance company.Much more mundane ,of course,
but it's that or chasing someone else's dreams.Of course,if we had a bit more information,
things might change,but other than a chance sighting,I doubt we shall ever know.For now,he is in the wind.
Good luck in your search,though.

Greetings, Commanders. My own hunt for Gan Romero continues. I have taken a meandering route from nebula to nebula moving towards the galactic core. I think I've travelled way more than the 16,000 or something ly I am away from Sol. I have not seen any trace of him but a few weeks ago I got excited in the Eagle Nebula when I went to scan the nav beacon and there was an NPC ship which I scanned. The pilot's name was Commander Something (I forget his actual name) and for a moment I thought it was an independent CMDR. I couldn't hail him however and realised it said Commander not CMDR. I figure he was part of some military prison thing as the eagle nebula houses a prison colony (lovely place ). He was flying (iirc) a T7. I thought it odd as I've never seen a Commander.

Since then I have surveyed countless systems and found no trace. I did find the tiniest nebula ive ever seen though. it really only had one system in it. I've scoured the norma expanse and the norma arm. I've found a lot of water worlds on my trip, a few elw's and ammonia world's, some stellar phenomenon, a few black holes (one of which, I dropped out of hyperspace right in the exclusion zone of and I thought it may be my last), but no Romero. Most of the nebulae are already discovered but they are new to me. sometimes I wonder what I'm doing, a trader pretending to be an explorer, but I am getting the hang of it and enjoy finding new world's and especially systems nobody had visited before. I am heading right into the centre now, using neutron stars to go almost 260ly a jump but after reading what others have said I will slow down in the empyrean straits and search there. After that the galactic core then I'm heading back to the bubble to consider what to do next. I won't be giving up looking but may take a short break. I really need to dock somewhere and repair my powerplant and hull. Also, i just want to hear the comm chatter and see ships. Its getting spooky out here, i think i see things in hyperspace. Seriously. I'm sure i saw a bright object moving the wrong way in the corner of my eye and when i tured my head it vanished. On the plus side I'll never have to worry about money again. If I actually make it back!

Fly safe, Commanders

Oh, you met with Commander Rich Davis, and yes, he has a T-7 for trading and a cobra 3 for pirate actions. Reported by carbon based lifeforms for ganking, numerous times :)

Top Bottom