PvP The short range blaster Fer-De-Lance

I said something......

I gave my teddies a right hook once or twice.

I mean my brothers teddies.

I didnt have teddies. I had man things.

like sports
When they were old enough to use firecrackers, the first thing my husband and my brother-in-law did was stuff them into one of their teddy bears and blew it up.

I just don't understand...
You guys are aliens.

:)

Nice video! I usually combine short range blaster rails with thermal vent beams, so the heat is less of a problem. Although I prefer to just engineer them to g3, so it's still viable to use them in the ~1,5 km range (mediums still easily reach ~69 damage per shot on g3).

the damage fall off is the problem here.
red srb G5 white srb G3 green long range

its fact that the G5 do no damage from 1,5 km or above
G3 do damage to 2.1 km but the falloff is very high
about 1.4 km even the long range rail is more effective.

so if someone use SRB rails i personally would recommand the G5 variant and hit in 1 km or lower or just use standard long range rails

difference per shot in 1 km or lower
G5 72,6
G3 62,7

So one could argue if the damage increase is meant only relative due to the weakened hull or if there is an absolute damage increase included.
I would really like to know.

corossive buffs any damage taken on about 25%
rail guns, laser, plasma even rams - everything
as soon the damage is landed directly on the hull (when target lost shields)

one of the reason it makes so much sense to fly a huge overcharged corossive gimballed multicannon on a srb rail fdl

Last edited:
the damage fall off is the problem here.
red srb G5 white srb G3 green long range

its fact that the G5 do no damage from 1,5 km or above
G3 do damage to 2.1 km but the falloff is very high
about 1.4 km even the long range rail is more effective.
Must've mixed up the damage value with the dps, you are right there. I just don't like long range, makes for boring gameplay and the range between 0,9 and 1,5 km is what I'm usually having, so short range g3 seems optimal for that. Gets less hot too, so there is hardly need for cooling, especially with a thermal vent beam.

Must've mixed up the damage value with the dps, you are right there. I just don't like long range, makes for boring gameplay and the range between 0,9 and 1,5 km is what I'm usually having, so short range g3 seems optimal for that. Gets less hot too, so there is hardly need for cooling, especially with a thermal vent beam.
Nice. So the limit of the Colonia engineers made my accidentally build my Rail-de-Lance optimally.

corossive buffs any damage taken on about 25%
rail guns, laser, plasma even rams - everything
as soon the damage is landed directly on the hull (when target lost shields)

one of the reason it makes so much sense to fly a huge overcharged corossive gimballed multicannon on a srb rail fdl

Thx for clearing this up for me. So Norphins' theory would be more realistic, but gameplay is not that way, it's straightforward damaga increase.
Myth busted.

I have a question regarding a 1 vs 1 duel: Meta PA FDL vs SRB FDL.

Both ships will want to fire within 1.5km.
So if one is in the SRB does one one wait for the PA FDL to boost and fire, then attempt to dodge the PAs and then boost n'zap afterwards?
Any suggestions?

BTW, I was at yesterday's Warriors of Wyrd, Wyrd Wednesdays weekly PvP partyfight. The SRB Rail tv light weight beam is simply awesome for fighting around stations. I am rather inept and even I, Slange Lands, did not hit the station once with my weapons (don't ask me how many times I hit the station with my ship, though). The certainty of hitscan and for me, the comparatively less amount of hesitation to fire compared to nonhitscan, is invaluable.

:)

It's just a personal opinion but I always seem to do better with rapid fire/corrosive on the huge multi.
I can be a bit lazier with my pip management.

Top Bottom