Astronomy / Space The Sky at Night this month

Thanks for the heads-up. I watched that link. The Sky at Night has been a favourite of mine for most of my life, and I haven't watched it since Sir Patrick - I avoid popular science programs because almost without exception they are, frankly, dire. New Scientist and Scientific American are about the extreme end of my popular science threshold.
I probably would not have started watching it again if I hadn't noticed this thread so nice one.

Thanks for the heads-up. I watched that link. The Sky at Night has been a favourite of mine for most of my life, and I haven't watched it since Sir Patrick - I avoid popular science programs because almost without exception they are, frankly, dire. New Scientist and Scientific American are about the extreme end of my popular science threshold.
I probably would not have started watching it again if I hadn't noticed this thread so nice one.

I think its a shame that the BBC does not support a bi-monthly Sky at Night, there is certainly plenty of topics and news to cover these days. But we do have BBC 4, and the great space and cosmos documentary's on there. And no adverts!. I cancelled my SKY TV some years back because of adverts, but do kind of miss all the discovery channels.

One of the particular facinating points demonstrated in the latest program shows that Pluto and Charon can be considered a binary planetary system, rather than a planet and a moon.

I miss Patrick Moore's matter of fact deliver. Dr Brian May was there by other than intyroducting himself said nothing very much.

The two presenters are no-doubt, what audiences are demanding these days. I have to say I did prefer more facts and less personalities.

Top Bottom