The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I find this funny* that the ships with the less potential of out of pilot's seat activities during QT, are those that will have the longest travel times.

*So utterly stupid my mind is stuck between rolling on the floor laughing, smashing my palm against my forehead and staring desperately into the void that CIG masterminds get me used to since years.

Apparently you do not even need to go to QT to waste your time or even trying to compare it with Elite´s (also please tell all those proud Herald owners that running those critical news or info is faster with a stock freelancer), the FPS element is more than capable to hold its own in the wasted time department:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...5-hr-of-gameplay-today-and-here-is-what-i-did

Last edited:
Horrible. Community input is one of the things you absolutely cannot just “listen” to without some heavy filtering, as SC so completely demonstrates. In anything. FDev has a tendency to be far too accommodating to community wishes as it is,

Yes. This is how you end up with ridiculously long ship and module transfer times.

Yes. This is how you end up with ridiculously long ship and module transfer times.
Oh my... FDEV how dare you make my ship be transferred thousands of light years apart in so much time I could in the same duration wake up, go out of my dorm room, fideliciously walk to a screen, rage at it because it struggles spawning my ship, physicallzitizly walk to my ship, take off as flawlessly as a pachyderme, enjoy every minute of the mesmerizing QT effect, warm my heart during the not enough never-ending atmospheric re-entry, land with the grace of an Albatros, and amaze my soul while phazing out of existence with the help of merciful ramp of my ship. HOW. DARE. YOU!!!!

not our fault that there is so much more bad and ridiculous stuff in SC then good stuff but I guess if you are blind to the bad stuff then this appears to be a bashing place

Chris Roberts accusing gamers of not understanding "iterations" in games development:

Chris Roberts previously telling us that iterative development is bad:

It certainly fits with his comparing the development of Strike Commander with Apocalypse Now.
Well, the creators called the filming of AN hell on earth. Most of the actors were high on drugs the entire time. I think Martin Sheen got hospitalised for drinking too much. Sounds like he's taken the same approach to Star Citizen...just to tie on topic. ;)

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Chris Roberts accusing gamers of not understanding "iterations" in games development:

Chris Roberts previously telling us that iterative development is bad:

It is almost as if he knows that the SC "launch", whatever form that ends up taking, will be as incomplete and/or problematic as those two games he compares it with (Anthem, No Man´s Sky), and he is just trying to control damage preemptively by developing a completly new narrative now (iterating and heads down) to the original narrative based on which he has got so far hundreds of millions (build all the foundations and content in parallel no post launch iterations, and deliver when final, AAA quality levels, and ready).

Blaming game communities for false expectations and admitting now he would do the same thing he has criticized in others in the past for doing. The nerve. It is impressive, I have to hand it to the CIG PR guys, the recent marketing 46 millions and the lack of memory / history rewriting brought in nicely together by both game press and community alike. I guess that is the luxury and magic of a 7-8 year old development.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom