The Star Citizen Thread V10

My turn for some delayed footage from the recent Free Fly weekend . I only just got my RAM back from RMA.

I quite like ability to be able to get out of the seat and EVA, but it doesnt always go to plan as this vid shows (damn pirates) ..

And whilst on my EVA I discovered that the game is not quite as open world as it would seem, you certainly cant just go anywhere.

Covalex does have an interior...just not at the bits you were looking in :) There used to be a private detective mission there at one time rummaging around the ruined station looking for a PDA with a recorded message on it. No idea if the mission still exists but I've been out to Covalex taking on those UEE navy ships that attacked you.

Somewhere out there, and I cannot remember exactly where, and I am not going to drag myself through a near-decade of Genuine Roberts waffle trying to find it - but he says "64 bit is twice as powerful as 32 bit"
Well, he is TECHNICALLY correct since 64 is twice the number of 32.

But i do wonder what reasoning or context went through his head or if he just had a brainfart.
2^5 = 32
2^6 = 2^1 * 2^5
64 = 2 * 32 = 2^1 * 2^5
let a = 32 then 2a = 64 so
64 = 2 * (2^2.5) * (2^2.5)
but 2n = n + n for any real number n so
64 = (2^2.5 + 2^2.5) * (2^2.5)......

Seems legit. No brainfart---per default of blind faith in the law of exponents product rule and

I could really use a beer right now. I too will see myself out the door

#CRHandWaviumOnceAgainSavesDayfromPotentialCR_MathFailBrainFartium

Covalex does have an interior...just not at the bits you were looking in :) There used to be a private detective mission there at one time rummaging around the ruined station looking for a PDA with a recorded message on it. No idea if the mission still exists but I've been out to Covalex taking on those UEE navy ships that attacked you.
I just expected to be able to go anywhere to be honest. I will give it another try on the next free fly.

Dark o'clock on the server and half a dozen of us including some new folks decided to crew up a Hammerhead and go bounty hunting... stuck in my usual front left turret. Occasional lag... since there were 6 of us on the HH all shooting and stuff, little hope for a crewed up Idris then :rolleyes:... Quite difficult to work out where the targets were since the turret targeting system is kinda obtuse.. enjoyable all the same playing as a botched up crew, added some new names to the friends list..

Last edited:
Dark o'clock on the server and half a dozen of us including some new folks decided to crew up a Hammerhead and go bounty hunting... stuck in my usual front left turret. Occasional lag... since there were 6 of us on the HH all shooting and stuff, little hope for a crewed up Idris then :rolleyes:... Quite difficult to work out where the targets were since the turret targeting system is kinda obtuse.. enjoyable all the same playing as a botched up crew, added some new names to the friends list..

You see, i just don't get this. Sitting in a turret while someone else does the flying. Its why when i have done MC in ED i only take a fighter, i won't take a turret.

Its same with some of the other mechanics CIG have dreamt up, like the full version of mining, where you would have different people doing different things, but mainly just playing minigames while someone else flies the ship. The refinery role sounds particularly mind numbingly boring.

I suppose this sort of thing must appeal to some players, working together on a single ship... but i just don't see it. I think part of my problem is i rarely get time to meet up with other players for extended durations. If i was to do something like this, chances are i would have to log out within an hour of starting, and considering SC's travel times, it may mean i never even get to see any mining at all. And then what would the rest of the crew do? They'd be missing a person to fulfil one of the roles.

You see, i just don't get this. Sitting in a turret while someone else does the flying. Its why when i have done MC in ED i only take a fighter, i won't take a turret.

Its same with some of the other mechanics CIG have dreamt up, like the full version of mining, where you would have different people doing different things, but mainly just playing minigames while someone else flies the ship. The refinery role sounds particularly mind numbingly boring.

I suppose this sort of thing must appeal to some players, working together on a single ship... but i just don't see it. I think part of my problem is i rarely get time to meet up with other players for extended durations. If i was to do something like this, chances are i would have to log out within an hour of starting, and considering SC's travel times, it may mean i never even get to see any mining at all. And then what would the rest of the crew do? They'd be missing a person to fulfil one of the roles.
Turret in ED is not fun because they made it boring, if you are a turret gunner in IL2 it’s actually fun, however don’t know about SC.

Top Bottom