The Star Citizen Thread V10

That's why you need VR. Just lean forward and you can see all round.

VR is a thing in SC, right? Just the flick of a switch?
There are people who use VR, and headtracking is awesome in both Elite and SC.

Answer from youtube:

No, it plays pretty smoothly, but the bigger issue is the hardware that you plan on running it off of. Bigger is better when it comes to power for VR rigs, so having better GPU and CPU will allow for better rendering in general, but the bigger bottleneck is Star Citizen itself, needing a poopooload of RAM to run smoothly. 16g is nice, 24 is great, 32 is best. The game itself will run around 7-8g easy, add ur system/OS resources and thats another 3-4, that and chrome with a few tabs is maxxing out 16g systems these days.

I was going to mention the Adder and i think Hauler a bit, but apart from those, struggling to think of any others with such restricted views.
I kinda shudder to think how that pilot would try and take off in a Cutter. Just imagine the scraping sound as they bang the back of the ship into the landing pad trying to point the ship upwards.

A blast from the past.
Out of $300 million raised CIG claim $250 million would go to development.

In the Traditional PC Model 1/5th of the box price goes towards development so for $250 million to be spent on development would require a publisher to forecast sales of 20.8 million copies ($1.25 billion in sales).

But as CIG are years from completing the "Vision" assume they need another $200 million, which would bring total development costs to $450 million, requiring sales of 37.5 million copies ($2.25 billion in sales).

After 6 1/2 years they have around 1.1 million backers.

A blast from the past.

In the Traditional PC Model 1/5th of the box price goes towards development so for $250 million to be spent on development would require a publisher to forecast sales of 20.8 million copies ($1.25 billion in sales).

But as CIG are years from completing the "Vision" assume they need another $200 million, which would bring total development costs to $450 million, requiring sales of 37.5 million copies ($2.25 billion in sales).

easy right?

.........right?

A blast from the past.

That would put them in the top 10 best selling games of all time.

There are people who use VR, and headtracking is awesome in both Elite and SC.
VorpX is not "VR support" though. There is a massive difference between relying on a third party janky solution which CIG have nothing to do with.

One of these games has "supported" VR natively since Alpha with specific graphics settings, UI and control support, 3D sound support for HMD, with interface elements and even tutorials specifically made for VR and is considered something of trail-blazer in the VR community.

The other made lots of promises about VR to the press, used it as a "stretch goal" they still haven't delivered on and once delivered an Oculus DK1 solution in which the eye pieces were the wrong way around relying on users to update it correctly themselves and have never touched it since.

It's a bit like saying ED has Linux support because it runs in Wine.

If Star Citizen is going to support VR as promised they are going to have to do some major rework.

A blast from the past.

It’s all by the by if it’s not your money though.

A blast from the past.

Or, looking at it another way, if CIG have already spent in the region of 250 million on development, then by their clames, using the traditional model, they would have already spent 1.25 BILLION!!! and still not shipped a game!

Well, at least it is open only :p
We actually have combat loggers now.
I'm playing as a semi-lawful bounty hunter this patch, and I'm beginning to understand how gankers get a bad name.
Some guys will do anything to avoid a straight up fight.
And some just unabashedly exploit.
I had a couple EMP exploiters nail my Connie with a new build I was testing last night.
I had the last laugh when they found me again in my Gladius.

The thing I love doing most in that game is fighting alone against groups of players.

We actually have combat loggers now.
I'm playing as a semi-lawful bounty hunter this patch, and I'm beginning to understand how gankers get a bad name.
Some guys will do anything to avoid a straight up fight.
And some just unabashedly exploit.
I had a couple EMP exploiters nail my Connie with a new build I was testing last night.
I had the last laugh when they found me again in my Gladius.

The thing I love doing most in that game is fighting alone against groups of players.
Taking names and breaking hearts,like it,like it.

Top Bottom