The Star Citizen Thread V10

There is still plenty of things that CIG could do to amass more wealth before they go belly up.

• There is plenty of space within their assets to take loans
  • They can gradually reduce personnel they do not need as production continues
  • As long as they are in control over 51% of the company they can sell rights to others in order to garner more investors
  • They can most likely sell (and they will) more ships before the end of 2020
But yea, even whales have their limits and every market has a limit as well so sooner or later they will have to deliver...something.
It's quite the experiment that CIG are engaged with, isn't it? Exactly how long can they keep the project going without releasing anything substantive and functional? Their whales have been remarkably forgiving it seems, but yes - there are limits to even the biggest superfan's patience and financial support.

They need to get Chris out of micromanaging the company and SQ42 out the door. I think if they do those things they'll be in a much better position to tackle the PU and do something cool with it like they've been talking about all these years.

There is still plenty of things that CIG could do to amass more wealth before they go belly up.

• As long as they are in control over 51% of the company they can sell rights to others in order to garner more investors
But yea, even whales have their limits and every market has a limit as well so sooner or later they will have to deliver...something.
They could have their devs work from home just like Shroud of the Avatar :p

Still, plenty more milking of whales to be done yet. They haven't even started selling apartments for $$$ or prefabs for base building. Or as i joked on reddit earlier in relation to the guy dying in the liquid oxygen, a suit that prevents those sort of things happening. Perhaps $1000 for some sort of uber suit?

It's quite the experiment that CIG are engaged with, isn't it? Exactly how long can they keep the project going without releasing anything substantive and functional? Their whales have been remarkably forgiving it seems, but yes - there are limits to even the biggest superfan's patience and financial support.

They need to get Chris out of micromanaging the company and SQ42 out the door. I think if they do those things they'll be in a much better position to tackle the PU and do something cool with it like they've been talking about all these years.
I suspect the Calder people on CIG's board are there to ensure CR focuses on shipping something. Basically acting like evil publishers

Plenty of space, eh? You had a look at balance sheet?

.. "amass more wealth": is this a thing when your expenses surpass your earnings?
More like....."gonna keep this trainwreck going as long as I can cuz me, my bro and my wife all draw our monhtly checks to get filthy rich"

Now would be a good time to showcase the remarkable progress they’ve managed with SQ42. ;)
Now now, dont get impatient here. end of 2020 is basically around the corner, as long as this is going already I m sure the next year is going by in the blink of an eye :)

I would laugh so much if CIG sold off another 39% of the company that was paid for by crowdfunding.
And the twist will be...they are selling those 39% back to the backers in an idris-like auction ^^

Top Bottom