The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yeah, watched those already.

When watching that episide of Black Mirror, think of the main antagonist as being a SC whale and the ship being an Idris.

Is the contents known at all ? Are they fixing the most glaring issues that make running the alpha a chore ? At the moment nothing incites me to spend more than 5 minutes in there...

There have been two patches to Evocati

Last edited:
Quite agree with that. I'm far less worried by ship customization monetization that ship sales.
Though, in the great tradition of putting cart before the horses, it'll probably again be released half cooked and on ships that'll have reworks later, multiple times maybe, once Chris' mood eventually changes, or when they'll find that some system doesn't work as expected, or SSOCS/whatever tech they come up with will make things done incompatible, or unforeseen consequences show themselves and everything will have to be reworked/refactored...

But... Sure they have tons of employees to keep busy... Sure they have tons of gullible money to throw in the fire... If Chris had to make a space program, it'll be managed like KSP in sandbox mode.

Saw this post earlier that links to Boredgamer claiming Crytek are taking a deal.

Haven't watched the video myself.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLUbD6zHArc
Sorry, had to click through it as couldn't keep interested for the full 10 mins.

Cliff notes take on BG's take: "IANAL but Crytek are bad and are at the end of the road. CI steamrollering them with the bond demand is the killing blow and they will settle."
I didn't catch anything where he specifically said "Crytek are copping a deal", but I was clicking through 30 sec chunks.

Sorry, had to click through it as couldn't keep interested for the full 10 mins.

Cliff notes take on BG's take: "IANAL but Crytek are bad and are at the end of the road. CI steamrollering them with the bond demand is the killing blow and they will settle."
I didn't catch anything where he specifically said "Crytek are copping a deal", but I was clicking through 30 sec chunks.

From what I gathered from that video the "Crytek is done...:" statement is pretty much a conclusion and opinion rather then fact. I guess we all will see what it is in due time

I think most magazines get published well before the nominal 'publication date' on the cover. At least, they seem to in the UK. They probably put a spurious date on them so people still think they are current until the next edition comes out.

I m not going to buy the Forbes edition. Never bought it before, not gonna start now due to SC. The only thing I d like to know if its a 1:1 print to the published article we know already or if that was kind of a sneak-peak and the actual article is bigger in scope and detail? Q for anybody who reads the mag anyway ;)

It's astonishing that an article on a video game can appear in the printed version of Forbes, yet the article be completely omitted in the Wikipedia page for the game. Star Citizen really is one of the most controversial "entertainment" projects out there.

Someone seems to have raised the Forbes article on the Wikipedia article talk page (here), but nothing has been done, probably because the article is locked so only registered Wikipedia contributors can edit it.

The Wikipedia article is a lot better than it used to be, see e.g. this version from 2016, which in little more than a regurgitation of CIG's hype. I suspect that people have got tired of trying to keep it up to date, given the effort the 'citizens' have put into removing anything remotely critical. The out-of-date but at least containing some negative comment current version is probably as good as its going to get.

I m not going to buy the Forbes edition. Never bought it before, not gonna start now due to SC. The only thing I d like to know if its a 1:1 print to the published article we know already or if that was kind of a sneak-peak and the actual article is bigger in scope and detail? Q for anybody who reads the mag anyway ;)
just sneak around some premium banking/financial office nearby sometime next week or such and you can read it for free :p

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom