The Star Citizen Thread V10

I gotta say ever since the Evocati CIG certainly treats its regular PU (which basically IS an alpha test bed) like the fully released version of the game. Regardless what their intention was (ego stroking, additional artificial delay, more money leeching) the evocati test group looks like a complete waste of time and resources to me.

I gotta say ever since the Evocati CIG certainly treats its regular PU (which basically IS an alpha test bed) like the fully released version of the game. Regardless what their intention was (ego stroking, additional artificial delay, more money leeching) the evocati test group looks like a complete waste of time and resources to me.
Its a nice touch to have exclusive alphas within alphas to produce the pandering effect.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Early build acces (PTU testing) generates subscriptions and Evocati contributes to that process with early warning, exclusivity feeling and hype. Can´t say how effective it is at it, but imo that is really its main purpose now. Given how buggy, glitchy and ustable live builds end up anyways I dont think Evocati really helps much as testing ground.

Last edited:
Everyone hates publishers for rushing games out the door but Star Citizen is what game development looks like without a publisher to crack the whip.
It's the ultimate irony and inevitable outcome of Chris' fundamental incompetence.

The project that was supposed to utterly shatter the notion that publishers are needed and that they only act as a greedy money sink ends up being by far the strongest argument in their favour, demonstrating that they are utter amateurs as far as greedy money-sinking goes. The exact opposite outcome of the intended one.

Seemingly, the 3.51 bug fix patch is with the evocati...according to an email from Ci¬G this afternoon.
Is the contents known at all ? Are they fixing the most glaring issues that make running the alpha a chore ? At the moment nothing incites me to spend more than 5 minutes in there...

Just watched Black Mirror S04E01. The number of times it made me think of SC backers is quite funny.
Gonna have to watch that now.

On a completely unrelated note, I recommend watching the highly entertaining documentaries of Fyre, Fyre Fraud, Behind The Curve, and The Inventor Out For Blood In Silicon Valley.

Gonna have to watch that now.

On a completely unrelated note, I recommend watching the highly entertaining documentaries of Fyre, Fyre Fraud, Behind The Curve, and The Inventor Out For Blood In Silicon Valley.
Lots of parallels to be seen in Going Clear as well.

Yeah, watched those already.

When watching that episide of Black Mirror, think of the main antagonist as being a SC whale and the ship being an Idris.

Last edited:
Top Bottom