The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
A history lesson on the combat in SC. Since I pledged in November 2017 I never got to experience pre 3.0 combat, all I can say is that I think the current iteration is bad.

Fortunately the dev in charge has seen this, question is, is he going to make adjustments based on this feedback.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
A history lesson on the combat in SC. Since I pledged in November 2017 I never got to experience pre 3.0 combat, all I can say is that I think the current iteration is bad.

Fortunately the dev in charge has seen this, question is, is he going to make adjustments based on this feedback.
There has never really been "good" in the combat / flight model iterations in SC, pre or post 3.0. There has simply been different shades of "bad".

I don't know for me now FM feels a bit better then before but combat is still just as bad as pre 3.0.......

I don't know for me now FM feels a bit better then before but combat is still just as bad as pre 3.0.......
I did some testing in AC with the 325a, stock components and weapons, which are all fixed. Can't say I enjoyed it much, now if I had all gimbaled Attritions I might've done alot better. Most of my deaths came from colliding with Vanduuls head on and one with an asteriod.:D

They didnt change so much of it on small ships unfortunately. The "quake fps in space" model is that, just a strafe fest, missing the rocket jumps. Ships still need more weight to become believable, and reduced side thruster power. Also non-instant accelerations would be less jarring.. For reference ED has it quite right in terms of feeling and speed (arguably combat is the most complete part of the game).

He's a mega fan and the faithful come for him in the comments lol. Ugly.

There are two different camps in the combat faithful. The turrets in space and the airplanes in space camps. They regularly go after each other.
Probably because its a working feature and not just a promise of a feature.

As long as the faithful are free to dream that CIG will implement things (at some unspecified point in the future) the way they want, then they are all singing hosassnas together.

The more CIG nail down actual features, the more they will become just like any other gaming community.

Things I don't care about
  • Green Boxes
  • Space ship shaped USB drives
Well my dear Sovapid, I do care about those because CI-G promised they would deliver them, and thus far, have completely failed to deliver them. These are simple physical objects than can be procured with little trouble, at low cost, and in a very short period of time - and they are nowhere to be seen.

Now, if CI-G can't deliver such simple things, what on earth makes you think they can deliver any of the other countless promises Genuine Roberts has waffled on about for nearly a decade?

By the time CI-G gets to deliver the USB drives they will be of historical interest only, to be put into the Science Museum alongside punched tapes and Babbage's Difference Engine...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom