The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
How did you receive your refund. I still haven't heard from them?
It was over a year ago. I asked for a refund as I didn't believe the product would ever be coming. They sent me an email with the usual sales speal trying to get me to stay on, I refused and they paid up. But shortly after that they said they weren't going to honour refunds. Not too sure on the legality of it though.

It was over a year ago. I asked for a refund as I didn't believe the product would ever be coming. They sent me an email with the usual sales speal trying to get me to stay on, I refused and they paid up. But shortly after that they said they weren't going to honour refunds. Not too sure on the legality of it though.
They changed the ToS claiming to have delivered the product. Once you agree they won't refund you. The only way without dispute is to not agree, by not logging in and claim refund now.

They changed the ToS claiming to have delivered the product. Once you agree they won't refund you. The only way without dispute is to not agree, by not logging in and claim refund now.
Doesn't surprise me to be honest. I really hope they pull it off and release the game properly, not the pre-alpha that is available now, but I can't see it happening.

From my understanding they used completely the wrong game engine for a game of this scale. Cytek/Lumberyard is not really suited to that kind of game from what I can gather. Probably would have been faster if they developed a game engine from scratch that can tackle this kind of game instead of trying to retcon one that is not right for what they want to do.

Doesn't surprise me to be honest. I really hope they pull it off and release the game properly, not the pre-alpha that is available now, but I can't see it happening.

From my understanding they used completely the wrong game engine for a game of this scale. Cytek/Lumberyard is not really suited to that kind of game from what I can gather. Probably would have been faster if they developed a game engine from scratch that can tackle this kind of game instead of trying to retcon one that is not right for what they want to do.

Its funny, because if you go back some years, before things started to drag on and on, and before the court case, if you dared to suggest that they would have been better off developing a custom engine, the general response was that CryEngine is a great choice, that CryTek are a good company, and that developing their own custom engine would have taken years.

And here we are now, with CIG largely having to rewrite CryEngine anyway to support what they need to do and the game still taking years longer than initially envisaged to deliver.

The pipelines are now in full place and churning whole planetary systems at a time. The system is brimming with content flowing. Discussing the engine is a moot point now. We get, what we get now, Unbelievers aren't gonna change that.

Not with the current people in, but I would assume that they would hire the right people to create it at the beginning.
whilst (AFAIK) no one outside of FD have used Cobra.... isnt the engine available for licencing? Maybe CIG should have licenced COBRA to make star citizen ;)

on a more serious note... whilst cryengine may not have been the right choice (I am not qualified to have an opinion either way) I have seen enough to be confident it can work.

whether it will or not however is a totally different issue. the technology is there today to put a man on the moon tomorrow.......... it doesnt mean it will happen however.

Yes, tool is not the problem. Some can make a masterpiece out of a simple pen and paper. Some can have the bestest tools running on the most powerful PC but won't deliver more than crappy scribbles.

YKG8FV1.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/chm12r Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/chm12r/this_talk_is_the_reason_i_think_this_game_can_be/

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom