The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
True. The screen shot button might not capture the youtube window that overlaps that endless sea of brown dullness.

I mean, it's nice that CRobber has finally started to draw inspiration from something made this century, but maybe something other than the dust-brown-shooter decade would have been a better choice…

Last edited:
Yeah, we are not quite satisfied with the apparent mindset of a good chunk of the SC community... Although most people I've talked to in-game were really nice, the org mentality is not our (FC members) cup of tea.
Since the game is turning out to be a basic gankfest, and how it was marketed to FPS addicts, i supposed it gathered the kind of crowd that likes shooting at each other for giggles. I could do with that myself but the state of that project means it's still way too shallow (and clunky !) compared to more elaborate offerings in the genre, and not even counting the upcoming Infinity Battlescape that is centered around combat.

It might look better in his mind ;)

Star Citizen can be very pretty at times. The scene sovapid decided to exhibit to prove this point doesn't look particularly great to me. This may well be down to the fact that my monitor is not the most wonderful of display devices.

It would be a shame if Star Citizen needs some sort of multi-megapixel display device to get the best out of it. I decided to spend my display dollars on VR instead.

Star Citizen can be very pretty at times. The scene sovapid decided to exhibit to prove this point doesn't look particularly great to me. This may well be down to the fact that my monitor is not the most wonderful of display devices.

It would be a shame if Star Citizen needs some sort of multi-megapixel display device to get the best out of it. I decided to spend my display dollars on VR instead.

People are reporting excellent results with VR headsets and the head tracking in SC.

Sources plz :). Most Vorpex style VR hacks for games with low/no VR design are infamously... niche. (IE require iron stomachs for the classic locomotion / low frame rates. Have compromised or unusable gunplay & menu functions etc)

People in game that are on my friends list that use it. So no real outside source to send you to.

People in game that are on my friends list that use it. So no real outside source to send you to.

Have they said anything about what they're actually doing? IE just standing stationary on foot? Flying the ship? (Ship flying I could see half working, with just performance / perspective stuff being a fudge).

Thanks for that reply jmp470. I'm heartened to hear that Star Citizen can cope with VR. I did hear that it would be impossible, but then it was many many years ago that I heard that, and computer technology had advanced since then

Have they said anything about what they're actually doing? IE just standing stationary on foot? Flying the ship? (Ship flying I could see half working, with just performance / perspective stuff being a fudge).

Don’t quote me on this, but, I believe they use the headset similar to track IR. With the default SC setup.

I will also them the next time I play, probably Monday).

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom