The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Cool, when I started playing, it was released on Windows, Mac and Linux. They've also added Android, iOS and OculusGO support now. It's pretty amazing that everyone plays on the same server. They did a real good job with that game. I might even reinstall it now out of nostalgia :)

I'm always amazed that so few people in the spacesim community know about this little gem.

Well, this is the SC thread and regarding gems this is where SC is now.
images

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Well, at least they deliver a finished product.
This is a pre order, so they haven't yet.

Also, 50 QUID! + TAX! +SHIPPING! and this is the PRE_ORDER REDUCED PRICE!
For (the promise of) a small, unpainted plastic model.

Seems they have have learned a lot from CI(G) :/

P.S. I won't be buying one.

This is a pre order, so they haven't yet.

Also, 50 QUID! + TAX! +SHIPPING! and this is the PRE_ORDER REDUCED PRICE!
For (the promise of) a small, unpainted plastic model.

Seems they have have learned a lot from CI(G) :/

P.S. I won't be buying one.

Well, i guess they just know their target audience.

If you want to have an idea how Star Citzen can fill an evening for you and decide if that type of gameplay is your thing or not....here is an actual good example (warning....deteriorates into a chat room for long periods of time)

If you want to have an idea how Star Citzen can fill an evening for you and decide if that type of gameplay is your thing or not....here is an actual good example (warning....deteriorates into a chat room for long periods of time)

I see ship mass is still zero. Look from 3:12:20.

I have it running in the background and listen to it while I do something else...thats how much to do there is currently in the alpha. Only have checked out the action once in a while when the commentators justify doing so....havent been impressed yet....only about an hour in so far tho..maybe it ramps up and I ll witness all the "fun" people keep talking about?

Guest193293

G
Actually, the game Chris Roberts want to make is Elite: Dangerous and he is trying very hard to not accept this fact.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Actually, the game Chris Roberts want to make is Elite: Dangerous and he is trying very hard to not accept this fact.

Not sure that was true at the start but as of late it indeed seems as if CIG is doing its darnedest to implement some of Elite’s proven features in its “sim” aspect at least: slightly slower accelerations and rotations (although judging by 3.5 it still is very much turrets in space), auto gimbals (although without any of the actual slow rotations, heat mechanics, signature, silent running, chaff etc that are required to balance it), hitscan weapons etc etc

It’s like devs all of a sudden had thought “hey guys, we have been mucking around for almost 8 years and haven’t been able to deliver the core element of this space sim game... let’s just copy something we know it works and be done with it...”

Last edited:

Guest193293

G

6 years later, totally looks like Chris was making mental notes of what David was saying.

This interview was already a big revelation back then: everything, from words to body language, between these two were very telling about how one was not that confident, utterly vague, making things as they went through his mouth.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom