The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Looking for a bit of help.

Does anyone else recall Lesnick saying that UEE Fleet is simply a tally of the number of ships sold?
Does anyone have a link or good google-fu skills to source that comment?

Well, ED hasn't completely avoided half baked solutions: engineers 1.0, powerplay, CQC arena...

But I'll agree it's still light years ahead of SC.
Engineers is much better now,powerplay is still a work in progress and it seems a lot of CMDRs still interact with it.
As for CQC,even in the bare bones state it’s been in since it was added it’s still orders of magnitude a better space combat sim than SC.

Engineers is much better now,powerplay is still a work in progress and it seems a lot of CMDRs still interact with it.
As for CQC,even in the bare bones state it’s been in since it was added it’s still orders of magnitude a better space combat sim than SC.

I despair about the state of SC and the way some people make it out to be more than it is as much as the next man but even I cannot bring myself to suggest the powerplay and CQC are anything more than broken mechanics seemingly pretty much abandoned by FD.
Sometimes it amazes me people will big up things being ripped apart in DD in this thread just to prove SC is s**te. These comparisons don't need to be made, SC can do it all on its own

In a divorce are digital assets considered part of the deal?

I don't know, but I can't see that many future ex-wives demanding the Idris as their part of a divorce settlement, they are intrinsically worthless after all.

I can imagine the settlement meeting going something like this:

Soon-to-be-ex-wife: Ok you can keep the Idris and the imaginary land rights and I'll have the house the car and the children.

Commando: Done!

Soon-to-be-ex-wife: Yes, you have been, and I've been trying to tell you that for years.

I despair about the state of SC and the way some people make it out to be more than it is as much as the next man but even I cannot bring myself to suggest the powerplay and CQC are anything more than broken mechanics seemingly pretty much abandoned by FD.
Sometimes it amazes me people will big up things being ripped apart in DD in this thread just to prove SC is s**te. These comparisons don't need to be made, SC can do it all on its own
I’m a glass half full kind of guy I guess,all of ED’s flaws can be improved over time.
SC however doesn’t even have a glass,more of a damp stain.

I see it more like the most expensive and detailed strainer ever

I don't know, but I can't see that many future ex-wives demanding the Idris as their part of a divorce settlement, they are intrinsically worthless after all.

I can imagine the settlement meeting going something like this:

Soon-to-be-ex-wife: Ok you can keep the Idris and the imaginary land rights and I'll have the house the car and the children.

Commando: Done!

Soon-to-be-ex-wife: Yes, you have been, and I've been trying to tell you that for years.

I imagine he was thinking if Sandy divorced Crobartington what would happen.

Finding it very difficult to like the 3.5 PTU at the moment. Besides messing up all my HOTAS bindings by adding completely superfluous control skullduggery...

The flight model is OK-ish... apart from and besides the tectonic plate speed drift CI¬G have introduced into it. Floating around in my Valkyrie it took me several nautical miles to stop drifting sideways after using the damned vectoral thrusters to sideslip. It's like they introduced way too much initial thrust and not enough opposing thrust when you try to counteract the input by reversing or opposing the thrust input. Once the sideslip starts, it seems you have to throw an anchor out of the window to stop it...

Also hating this new speed limiter mechanic, it's pointless and burgers up throttle inputs from the HOTAS altogether. I had to disable the mouse wheel input set up for it in the control menu and setup a HOTAS switch for it since the mouse wheel is also used for dynamic zoom for the view. Nothing like zooming into the HUD when you're adjusting your throttle... Another showing that whoever at CI¬G is faffing about with the flight model can't see past flying a spaceship with a mouse and keyboard.

The new control settings menu is a complete abomination...took me an hour to work out what they had done that automatically reversed my throttle and thruster inputs on the HOTAS and how to rectify it. That was almost as bad as automatically reversing roll/yaw stick inputs because they thought it was how it should work :rolleyes:

All in all, the flight model is better...ie not so much turrets in space but more like WW1 Dreadnaughts in space with no keel or rudders.

I also visited the Arcorps slideshow generator...got lost...got bored...quit to desktop.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't want to get into a ED vs SC flaw-off, because they always turn into weird chalk and cheese bun fights (and who wants a chalk bun in their face?)

But... CQC in VR is properly fricking epic, to this day, and nothing I've seen in the SC arena during free-flies suggests it can hit anywhere near that spot at the moment.

That is all. Now please carry on savaging Powerplay and SC ;)

I don't want to get into a ED vs SC flaw-off, because they always turn into weird chalk and cheese bun fights (and who wants a chalk bun in their face?)

But... CQC in VR is properly fricking epic, to this day, and nothing I've seen in the SC arena during free-flies suggests it can hit anywhere near that spot at the moment.

That is all. Now please carry on savaging Powerplay and SC ;)

To be honest I never had a problem with CQC except I'm crap at it and only ever got matched with god tier CMDRs. Now I have a VR hat you have tempted me to try it out again

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom