The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think that unlike Elite finding new systems will probably not be the main thing since these 100 systems are known systems.

The exploration is most likely unstable jump points, temporary anomalies, mineral deposits, plant locations or some other stuff.

Everything will most likely be temporary commodities that needs to be found, reported, extracted and then finally sold.

Chris said there'll be new systems added every few weeks...

We're going to be adding content dynamically to the universe. I'm not interested in having yearly updates. We'll have a team of people that are adding content on a weekly, every two weeks basis. So you start in this system and start in this game, and it's got fifty star systems for instance... Two weeks in and a jump point is discovered for another system and someone navigates it, and bam we've got a 51st system... and so on.

because its one of the latest SC related vids

I admit I havent watched it in full, but the first minute already bore me to tears and the comments overall make me think its a propaganda tool. I have posted a fair bit so far awaiting backlash and reactions. I just thought it might inject some activity in our boring SC bashing :D:D:D:D
Just watched the vid...propaganda tool :)

Making inappropriate and desperate comparisons with 2 very succesful and very polished (and released) games from Rockstar..in the case of RDR2... which was internally budgeted and funded by an established developer/producer and netted $725 million for Rockstar in the first 2 days on sale...really?

These comparisons...and they seem to be a stable 'look what they spent' comparison from the Star Citizen cultists, they aren't mercilessly ridiculed nearly enough in my book. The only relevant comparison between SC and RDR2 is that for exactly the same time in development, Ci¬G has netted almost $300 million and produced absolutely nothing of note bar a buggy tech demo...

Rockstar, with no crowd funded silliness produced possibly, the game of the decade (notwithstanding CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077) and netted Rockstar (to date) $2.71 billion in sales.

Although I'm more than biased toward Rockstar and a massive fan of RDR2...I still say, compare that lot culty-bois...figures don't lie... and don't be dissin' my cowboy game :)

Footage edited for story spoilers from my Xbox one X...

Last edited:

Making inappropriate and desperate comparisons with 2 very succesful and very polished (and released) games from Rockstar..in the case of RDR2... which was internally budgeted and funded by an established developer/producer and netted $725 million for Rockstar in the first 2 days on sale...really?

These comparisons...and they seem to be a stable 'look what they spent' comparison from the Star Citizen cultists, and they aren't mercilessly ridiculed nearly enough in my book. The only relevant comparison between SC and RDR2 is that for exactly the same time in devlopment, Ci¬G has netted almost $300 million and produced absolutely nothing of note bar a buggy tech demo...

Rockstar, with no crowd funded silliness produced, possibly, the game of the decade (notwithstanding CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077) and netted Rockstar (to date) $2.71 billion in sales.

Although I'm more than biased toward Rockstar and a massive fan of RDR2...I still say, compare that lot culty-bois...figures don't lie... and don't be dissin' my cowboy game :)
Wut? RDR2 made of a billion?

It would not surprise me since the equivalent would be:

• Prospecting for a find
  • Reporting the find
  • Miners purchasing the data
  • Miners get the materials from site
  • Miners sell the materials
  • Scientist get materials from Miner
  • Scientist examine its properties to accurately give it's hidden stats meaning
  • Engineers purchase a load of the now accurately numbered items
  • Engineers examines it in detail to find what they can efficiently use it for
  • Engineer creates a ship modification
  • Other player purchase the final product
So essentially everything would tie in into a long chain of resource management and finally into a product that can be used.

it is comforting that none of this game mechanics have been created after 7 years of development.

These comparisons...and they seem to be a stable 'look what they spent' comparison from the Star Citizen cultists, they aren't mercilessly ridiculed nearly enough in my book. The only relevant comparison between SC and RDR2 is that for exactly the same time in devlopment, Ci¬G has netted almost $300 million and produced absolutely nothing of note bar a buggy tech demo...

Rockstar, with no crowd funded silliness produced possibly, the game of the decade (notwithstanding CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077) and netted Rockstar (to date) $2.71 billion in sales.

LOL, they are trying to compare SC to GTA and RDR2? Oh boy, are they deluded.

it is comforting that none of this game mechanics have been created after 7 years of development.

What are you talking about?

Prospecting a site and getting the stuff is already in. So is selling. You see a good number of those points is already implemented. Not bad for an alpha eh? Stop hatin.....

That be over 10 million units shipped. On two platforms. PC is not released yet - or is it? Quite impressive.

I heartily agree with this review...and there are a lot of them in a similar vein from practically every game review publication on the planet. Ci¬G haven't a hope of ever reaching this level.

Electronic Gaming Monthly wrote: "Criticisms often come easier than compliments, but in the case of Red Dead Redemption 2, I am at a loss. This is one of the most gorgeous, seamless, rootinest, tootinest games ever made, and if you voluntarily miss out on it, you're either not a gamer or in a coma."

We still (hopefully) have the PC release to come....and I'll go and buy it again.

Last edited:
I heartily agree with this review...and there are a lot of them in a similar vein from practically every game review publication on the planet. Ci¬G haven't a hope of ever reaching this level.

Electronic Gaming Monthly wrote: "Criticisms often come easier than compliments, but in the case of Red Dead Redemption 2, I am at a loss. This is one of the most gorgeous, seamless, rootinest, tootinest games ever made, and if you voluntarily miss out on it, you're either not a gamer or in a coma."

We still (hopefully) have the PC release to come....and I'll go and buy it again.

Not gonna miss out...just waiting for the PC port cuz I cant be bothered with a console.....MASTER RACE WOHOOOO...sorry no folks, you small peasents have rights too /love

wait...is that a field of heavy gas lying on the surface or a body of water?

gas: why isnt it disturbed with whirls when moving through?
water: why do the textures look so crappy as if its from 10 years ago?

Whers teh fiDALITY?

Is this in-editor or on the PU?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom