The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I m not going to buy the Forbes edition. Never bought it before, not gonna start now due to SC. The only thing I d like to know if its a 1:1 print to the published article we know already or if that was kind of a sneak-peak and the actual article is bigger in scope and detail? Q for anybody who reads the mag anyway ;)
Reading through it now. The issue is 114 pages, with the SC article starting on page 66.

Edit 1: It's 7 pages long, titled "Failure To Launch", with intro heading of "Chris Roberts has spent seven years and raised nearly $300 million - most of it from average gamers - building Star Citizen. It's on pace to be the most expensive video game ever made and - outside of cryptocurrency - the world's largest crowdfunding project. It's still not ready. It may never be."

Edit 2: it is practically identical to the website article, word for word, including the same images, etc.

Last edited:
Someone seems to have raised the Forbes article on the Wikipedia article talk page (here), but nothing has been done, probably because the article is locked so only registered Wikipedia contributors can edit it.

The Wikipedia article is a lot better than it used to be, see e.g. this version from 2016, which in little more than a regurgitation of CIG's hype. I suspect that people have got tired of trying to keep it up to date, given the effort the 'citizens' have put into removing anything remotely critical. The out-of-date but at least containing some negative comment current version is probably as good as its going to get.

lol...yeah I read that, quite amusing given that Forbes is already used as a legitimate source elsewhere. Personally wouldn't touch that article with a barge pole. While it would be amusing for about five minutes to see how quickly the link was 'deleted', I am aware of how especially lovely some of the super-fans are and how they especially love to..er make serving suggestions as to the limited life expectancy... of anyone that stands in front of the hype train to nowhere.

Reading through it now. The issue is 114 pages, with the SC article starting on page 66.

It's 7 pages long, titled "Failure To Launch", with intro heading of "Chris Roberts has spent seven years and raised nearly $300 million - most of it from average gamers - building Star Citizen. It's on pace to be the most expensive video game ever made and - outside of cryptocurrency - the world's largest crowdfunding project. It's still not ready. It may never be."
Everyone at CIG is "Phew... At least we didn't make on the cover of the magazine"

31st May issue of Forbes magazine is available digitally here: https://www.zinio.com/gb/forbes/console-8386-154242-i433955

isBKWE1.png

Edit 1: It's 7 pages long, titled "Failure To Launch", with intro heading of "Chris Roberts has spent seven years and raised nearly $300 million - most of it from average gamers - building Star Citizen. It's on pace to be the most expensive video game ever made and - outside of cryptocurrency - the world's largest crowdfunding project. It's still not ready. It may never be."

Edit 2: it is practically identical to the website article, word for word, including the same images, etc.

But weren't some backers sure that CIG were going to sue Forbes into not publishing it because its just a hit piece full of lies?

But weren't some backers sure that CIG were going to sue Forbes into not publishing it because its just a hit piece full of lies?

AFAIK that might still happen. A comment I recently read on a video regarding this topic the "plan" is to let Forbes release the article in order to have undeniable evidence for a legal slam-down possibly reaping MILLIONS :)

"The Ignorance Of Crowds"... Man, what a headline!

Now what is the ultimate goal of Forbes articles? To blame and point at the disease so it can be cured, or praise and tell the business world there's such a breach into gullibles money to take advantage of?

Last edited:
"The Ignorance Of Crowds"... Man, what a headline!

Now what is the ultimate goal of Forbes articles? To blame and point at the disease so it can be cured, or praise and tell the business world there's such a breach into gullibles money to take advantage of?

There be gold in them thar hills!

Not a bad summary, although riding on the back of the Forbes article. And yes after this much time perhaps CIG should consider a Publisher to take over, if one would invest in them (hmm).

Also, I note that on the one hand IG says Chris Roberts is a dictator and makes all the decisions, backing it up with comments from (ex-)employees, but then they say "CIG is run by creatives, not publishers". Nope, they were right the first time. CIG is run by a dictator, not creatives.

Last edited:
Haha, the usual comments. I used to respect IGN until they said something nasty about my space game, now i don't respect them any mroe.

Basically if any news outlet says anything bad its now on their naughty list. Pretty soon they will have everything on their naughty list, all the while maintaining its everyone else that is wrong, not them.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom