The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Will you ever be able to steer in Quantum Drive? which approach to take? go around things? enjoy the view etc?
Everything is so hidden behind effects, and on rails, I wonder if it is all hiding a limitation of the engine...

It makes Elite's supercruise freedom feel like a technological wonder in comparison.

My, that's going to be engaging gameplay, sitting in jail, doing time, not dropping the soap in the showers.

But it's immersive showers with high fidelity soap bubbles.

And let's not forget the fidelity of Bubba who will violate the evildoers in the shower.

I can see the minigame now of trying to hold a slippery soap that tries to fly out of ones hand and you have to balance the mouse pointer just right so it does not fall to the floor.

The most effective way to earn money in the PU should be to pick a box delivery mission, ask for being paid in advance, buy an Idris, ask for more arguing the box will be more filled than when you picked it up, go anywhere far from your objective, take selfies at cool looking locations claiming progress (and ask for more), visit each and every bar in the 'verse arguing R&D (and ask for more)... Rince and repeat.

That sums up quite nicely the experience. I will add that the core gameplay element, flying ships, has also taken a hit from the very confusing and stupid control scheme. I suppose SC zealots have two throttles, one with a center detent, another one with none, since it's what it requires now, and my Warthog throttle only has fixed position detents that affect both halves of the throttle. Whoever thought this was "innovative" or a "good idea" should be fired.
Yeah i get it's meant for flying twin sticks, but what of people who fly stick + throttle ?
Well, looking at how things are, and the seemingly constant willingness to keep funding, those (backers) who say CIG may never go for release might well be right. In theory they could just keep developing the game for a long time using pledges. God only knows what this will cost the fans each to achieve it, rather than going for a release to bring in those who are waiting to see a release. But as long as people are willing to pay for JPGs, hell, it could work.
You’d have thought the pledges would have stopped years ago,but here we are.
All that can stop it now is another game surpassing it.
If Elite doesn’t quite hit the mark something else will emerge.

Goose4291

Banned
Just listening to Twerk and friends watching Pillar Talk.

Its funny, CIG are talking about adding prisons for people who break the law.

My, that's going to be engaging gameplay, sitting in jail, doing time, not dropping the soap in the showers.

Back in the heady days of ArmA Life servers (an early mod version of GTA Online, with more depth), going to 'prison' was actually quite a good thing, as you'd end being compressed into a small area with the other criminals on the server, where you'd end up forging new alliances and gangs, giving you a little breathing space to organise your heists when you were released.

Also, Prison breaks were helluva fun.

I've been thinking this for a good while. While some backers are content to parrot CIG can take as long as they like, the world continues around them. You can be sure there are AAA pubs like Epic who are looking at the cash rolling into CIG and wondering how to get a slice of that pie. Wouldn't surprise me if there is something in the works already like SC but better and closer to release.

Back in the heady days of ArmA Life servers (an early mod version of GTA Online, with more depth), going to 'prison' was actually quite a good thing, as you'd end being compressed into a small area with the other criminals on the server, where you'd end up forging new alliances and gangs, giving you a little breathing space to organise your heists when you were released.

Also, Prison breaks were helluva fun.

Maybe, but this is CIG we are talking about here.... i mean, do you think they will actually implement things like prison breaks?

Goose4291

Banned
Maybe, but this is CIG we are talking about here.... i mean, do you think they will actually implement things like prison breaks?

If a bunch of casual modders and 'emergent content' gamers can manage it, I'm sure professional game industry types can manage it.

Particularly as there's a strong ArmA component within the SC community, and that'll be the sort of feedback they'd be leaving.

If a bunch of casual modders and 'emergent content' gamers can manage it, I'm sure professional game industry types can manage it.

Particularly as there's a strong ArmA component within the SC community, and that'll be the sort of feedback they'd be leaving.

Professional game industry, sure.

CI, on the other hand...

I just listened to a few minutes of this, and it's remarkable how strongly they have edited it whenever Chris is speaking, to cut out the um er ah and make it sound like coherent sentences, even if I learned absolutely nothing from it.
Also cutting out all uses of the present and future tense, since those just end up being promises that he has no chance of keeping. :p

The most effective way to earn money in the PU should be to pick a box delivery mission, ask for being paid in advance, buy an Idris, ask for more arguing the box will be more filled than when you picked it up, go anywhere far from your objective, take selfies at cool looking locations claiming progress (and ask for more), visit each and every bar in the 'verse arguing R&D (and ask for more)... Rince and repeat.

Personally i would take a large ship with the fastest drive possible.

• Land at mission area
  • Get every other player possible as a passenger with their box
  • Take 50% of their earnings from the mission as payment
  • Ferry all of them at once to destination planet

Gotta save a lot of time compared to having them flying in small ships when a large one can do it in 1/4 of the time.

I think the signs are there that it's running on fumes. Loans, investors, no more extravagant cons. I'm not going to say 90 days 'cos that'll just spark another funding spike chart.;)

Well, it could basically just be a reversed bunker mission with a bunch of housing assets like Levski with an elevator to the surface

• Start in "jail"
  • Lots of armed NPC guards
  • You and other players are unarmed
  • Take out a guard, steal weapon and continue
  • Shootout with guards, get to surface
  • Create a pickup mission once on the surface / possibility of adding a hangar with a police ship to steal

Just listening to Twerk and friends watching Pillar Talk.

Its funny, CIG are talking about adding prisons for people who break the law.

Well after dealing with Roberts for so long at least people might get some pleasure in with the pain for once =O

Well, it could basically just be a reversed bunker mission with a bunch of housing assets like Levski with an elevator to the surface

• Start in "jail"
  • Lots of armed NPC guards
  • You and other players are unarmed
  • Take out a guard, steal weapon and continue
  • Shootout with guards, get to surface
  • Create a pickup mission once on the surface / possibility of adding a hangar with a police ship to steal

Alternatively:
  • Start in "jail"
  • Few T-posing NPC guards
  • You and other players are unarmed and your character models are broken
  • Take out a guard, he disappears and you can't get his weapon, continue
  • You clip through the building model and fall towards the planet, then die
  • Restart, this time trying to go through the hangar doors kills you instead
  • Create a pickup mission once on the surface / possibility of adding a hangar with a police ship to steal, sadly, the ship doesn't spawn and you have to reset manually to the start the "jail" mission again

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom