The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Nothing quite like kicking back of a Monday evening with a glass of Grouse and ice, listening to some guy ripping SC while casually namedroppping ED every few minutes. Its been entertaining for some years now.

IKR?

I also consider FTRs videos my "desert" and if you let it stew for a day or two it only gets better hehehe.

Tho I have to say the reactions and uproars have been far bigger when he started this series or rather "changed" his message. I still respect that he praises where praise is due and takes the stance of "hard love" where he wants the project to succeed but will bash it for obvious flaws and mistakes....as it deserves. If more people would ve driven that road maybe Star Citizen would be a much better game now.

Other thoughts....

As the "90 days tops" statement has been the source of so much entertainment over the years I think we can consider it equal to the "SC will release in 2014, anything later and it ll grow stale" :D Both didnt actually happen but both are kind of somewhat there where CIG is hanging by a thread for years and Star Citizen is nowhere near release even in its 5th year after the deadline. Uh nasty ^^

Regarding incorrect articles its true that a lot of them seem to be written by laymen in terms of Star Citizen proficiency when it comes to accuracy. Some are hilarious but I ve long since given up to find any kind of new information in any of these. The Forbes article was a welcome surprise even tho it didnt say much. After that the "real" experts are the hardcores (fanatics and haters alike) who spend so much of their free time on this...discussing and arguing and looking for new information. That they are so opposite doesnt matter, eventually the game itself will prove which side is right and was right all along.

I dont know about you folks but the new 2020 dealine (even tho not realistic) has filled me with new hope that this project will come to an end. It ll be bittersweet because on one side I hate this scam going on for another day but you all know how hilarious SC + CIG can be at times....wont be easy to find a replacement.....even flatearthers are getting less and less coverage /sigh

IKR?

I also consider FTRs videos my "desert" and if you let it stew for a day or two it only gets better hehehe.

Tho I have to say the reactions and uproars have been far bigger when he started this series or rather "changed" his message. I still respect that he praises where praise is due and takes the stance of "hard love" where he wants the project to succeed but will bash it for obvious flaws and mistakes....as it deserves. If more people would ve driven that road maybe Star Citizen would be a much better game now.

I do find the fondness for FTR here kinda odd. I'd say 90% of the people in this thread complained about the old flight model and "turrets in space".

FTR is savagely tearing into that point of view, one I pretty much agree with.

Time stamp to the savagery.

I do find the fondness for FTR here kinda odd. I'd say 90% of the people in this thread complained about the old flight model and "turrets in space".

If you open the Live Chat Replay at that timestamp, you'll see my comments disagreeing with him.

TL;DW: the flight model was bad, and now it's much worse. IMO, of course. But hey, it's still in Alpha so the best time to give feedback.

Does it actually matter for cig? What would happen?

Presumably any services hosted by Amazon via Lumberyard would need replacing and there would be no more code updates/support from Amazon.

I'm not sure it would be the end of the world for CIG by a long way. Probably just require some extra work from them. Nothing that can't be fixed with a good concept ship sale.

Its not preference. You are right this point has been brought up mutliple times in this thread, I made it a point to +1 these points. And I also remember the old flight model being praised as "superior to EDs" often enough and defended as being great.

FTR is entertaining in the same way Derek Smart is. They hand out some much needed pay-back for the witch-hunt they went through at the hands of the SC fanatics. Unlike DS tho he doesnt simply bash SC and antagonizes people for the lols. The flight model was bad, is bad and continues to be bad. He just continues to point it out. People become tired of his unchanging message yet fail to direct their frustration at the source.....CIG has to provide what they promised and the tune would change.

New people discovering FTR certainly will wonder about the open hostility and name calling in his videos. But frankly, they are clueless in this regard and simply lack context. I was there when FTR had a change of heart, mainly because he was suddenly (without his own doing) alienated by the greater community. Being a fanboy before remaining silent about a lot of things (because thats what fanboys do...they focus on the positive and gloss over the negative) he started to call out things as they really are and he was swarmed by cultists same as DS, his comment sections were LIT whenever he released a new video. Tho he didnt get the same treatment DS got years before that. So him using the occasional slur or cuss word or giving white knights and shills a good rubbing is well deserved in my eyes. God knows I would do the same if I ve lived through that treatment.

You can of course just keep your view and remain civil and polite. Sadly, almost nobody can do that, this thread has 2 or 3 of these people and you are not one of them. FTR could be much worse, using his videos as a platform to vent his revenge but thats not what he is doing. He occasionally slips into a rage or states things as they are....in a society where cuss words are used for all kinds of things not uncommon I guess.

Not sure what "fondness" you mean when you say it like that. FTR has no fan base here, I m not going to defend whatever he says as truth and praise him as a messanger of any kind. But when it comes to SC related covering he is one of the few who covers BOTH sides and actually makes me listen. If you know of anybody else who does this...please share because Twerk simply tries to hard to subdue his critical side in favor for clicks tho he self-proclaims himself a critic (lol) and goes on for eternity to apologize for it.

Maybe you forgot but Star Citizen is very very late. And regardless of any progress being made its missing so much of its % before we can even consider as release forcing us to redefine "release" or any other kind of established term. CIG doesnt really show an inclination to change and rather continues with their routine that brought us to this point in the first place.

I d say a little "savagery" is deserved and probably much needed at this point.

Does it actually matter for cig? What would happen?
One of the ways CIG is getting out of their obligations to Crytek is saying "Nuh-Uh, we're using I can't believe it's not Cryengine Lumberyard". If that shut down, well, they'd be asking Crytek to use Cryengine again or rolling their own.

One of the ways CIG is getting out of their obligations to Crytek is saying "Nuh-Uh, we're using I can't believe it's not Cryengine Lumberyard". If that shut down, well, they'd be asking Crytek to use Cryengine again or rolling their own.
If lumberyard shut down cig or any dev using it can't just continue? Is that how this thing work?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom