The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but cheaper does not mean its better..now they probably regret this deal...
Yeah, but the amounts of cash involved are chickenfeed to Google and can fall under the "hey, we tried" column in their accounts.

EDIT: But it does seem to be a full 420 IQ point play by CryTek. No idea how it will pan out though.

Forza has recently announced a LEGO DLC so the company is selling licenses. The main question besides LEGO allowing CIG to use their patented name and look is more if CIG could even make something like this work or even want to seeing as high fidelity graphics are its strongest point and also attraction among the fans.

Forza has recently announced a LEGO DLC so the company is selling licenses. The main question besides LEGO allowing CIG to use their patented name and look is more if CIG could even make something like this work or even want to seeing as high fidelity graphics are its strongest point and also attraction among the fans.

Well...A LEGO version of SC would be interesting.

• Build your own galaxy
  • 100% modular ships, brick by brick
  • Fully customizable characters
  • Classic Space ship skins in store

If you open the Live Chat Replay at that timestamp, you'll see my comments disagreeing with him.

TL;DW: the flight model was bad, and now it's much worse. IMO, of course. But hey, it's still in Alpha so the best time to give feedback.
Agree re flight model, but not about the 'Alpha' I don't think anything coherent will ever come out of that. We might not agree with them but FDev made core fundamental decisions early on which were the foundation the game is built on. Over there I see no foundations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree re flight model, but not about the 'Alpha' I don't think anything coherent will ever come out of that. We might not agree with them but FDev made core fundamental decisions early on which were the foundation the game is built on. Over there I see no foundations.
Ah but you'll see: once the foundation tech is implemented in [CurrentYear]+1 the gameplay and content delivery will really ramp up! All other games are doomed

The whole vid about Twerk raising concerns is interesting, but this excerpt at 10:00 is awesome: we can see back in 2015 Chris answering a question about UEC sales being enough to fund post-release.

And the Visionnaire's answer is he hopes UEC, game packages will be enough but if it doesn't, he assumes that, given the content of SC when it's finished "people play dumbass y'know mobile whatever Clash o' Clans, stuff like that" will be prone to answer the call and spend tons of money and you dear backers will be grateful for them to pay the bills!

And everybody to laugh and applause. Like alive turkeys mocking the thanksgiving turkey frying on the other side of the kitchen.

The main concern seems SC could be P2W but the real problem that everything Twerk exposes is that it's a Make People Pay And Never Release

Last edited:
The latest videos from CIG they seem to be adding impromptu off camera banter.
I guess this is supposed to give the impression of a relaxed and confident working atmosphere.
Considering many reports to the contrary have come out,I’m not sure I’m buying it.

The latest videos from CIG they seem to be adding impromptu off camera banter.
I guess this is supposed to give the impression of a relaxed and confident working atmosphere.
Considering many reports to the contrary have come out,I’m not sure I’m buying it.

The amout of cuts in the Pillar Talk video are astronomical. If they were trying to give the impression of casual banter and in no way heavily edited, they failed badly.

The amout of cuts in the Pillar Talk video are astronomical. If they were trying to give the impression of casual banter and in no way heavily edited, they failed badly.
I would love to see the unedited version. The ginger haired dev always looks like he’s going to break out into tears.
They’re not stupid,they know how badly the developments going and yet they have to rattle off all this fake positivity about tiny details that are meaningless if the core game doesn’t work.

I would love to see the unedited version. The ginger haired dev always looks like he’s going to break out into tears.
They’re not stupid,they know how badly the developments going and yet they have to rattle off all this fake positivity about tiny details that are meaningless if the core game doesn’t work.

I think most of the cuts were cutting out Chris waving his hands.

I dont envy the non inner circle
I think most of the cuts were cutting out Chris waving his hands.

You don't just cut your companys biggest strength...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom