The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hasn't CIG already developed languages for their alien races even though they are no where near implementing them in the game?
For certain values of “developed”, “language”, and “alien race”. sure.

Remember, the “alien races” in SC are just pretty horrible turn-of-the-century (as in late 1800:s) colonialist stereotypes: greedy space Jews, mysterious and aloof space Chinese, stupid-proud warrior space Japanese, and irrevocably hostile nomadic space barbarians. So everything there isn't so much developed as cribbed from pretty despicable origins…

…and the language they developed for their space-Chinese is… well… just simplified Chinese, only with less calligraphic care and artistry. So that wasn't really developed either.

The whole idea of developing alien languages with any amount of serious effort sounds ridiculous for a project that is years late.

<waves hands>

Late? Fidelity! We're nearly at 3.6!!!!

Anyway - as far as handcrafting is concerned - it took me a while to build up the stomach to go through this waffle again, but here goes.

5:43 - constructed prefabs!
12:26 - object container streaming!
20:34 - procedural generation!
21:53 - SC builds a LOT of procedural systems!
22:30 - moving that coffee maker just an inch to the left is so, so
------ I can't put up with any more of this mince again.

]Source: https://youtu.be/4JJ7g0DdYKE[/video]

5:34

Last edited:

A history lesson on the combat in SC. Since I pledged in November 2017 I never got to experience pre 3.0 combat, all I can say is that I think the current iteration is bad.

Fortunately the dev in charge has seen this, question is, is he going to make adjustments based on this feedback.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
A history lesson on the combat in SC. Since I pledged in November 2017 I never got to experience pre 3.0 combat, all I can say is that I think the current iteration is bad.

Fortunately the dev in charge has seen this, question is, is he going to make adjustments based on this feedback.

There has never really been "good" in the combat / flight model iterations in SC, pre or post 3.0. There has simply been different shades of "bad".

I don't know for me now FM feels a bit better then before but combat is still just as bad as pre 3.0.......

I don't know for me now FM feels a bit better then before but combat is still just as bad as pre 3.0.......
I did some testing in AC with the 325a, stock components and weapons, which are all fixed. Can't say I enjoyed it much, now if I had all gimbaled Attritions I might've done alot better. Most of my deaths came from colliding with Vanduuls head on and one with an asteriod.:D

They didnt change so much of it on small ships unfortunately. The "quake fps in space" model is that, just a strafe fest, missing the rocket jumps. Ships still need more weight to become believable, and reduced side thruster power. Also non-instant accelerations would be less jarring.. For reference ED has it quite right in terms of feeling and speed (arguably combat is the most complete part of the game).

He's a mega fan and the faithful come for him in the comments lol. Ugly.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom