The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
There are two different camps in the combat faithful. The turrets in space and the airplanes in space camps. They regularly go after each other.

Probably because its a working feature and not just a promise of a feature.

As long as the faithful are free to dream that CIG will implement things (at some unspecified point in the future) the way they want, then they are all singing hosassnas together.

The more CIG nail down actual features, the more they will become just like any other gaming community.

giphy.gif

Things I don't care about
  • Green Boxes
  • Space ship shaped USB drives

Well my dear Sovapid, I do care about those because CI-G promised they would deliver them, and thus far, have completely failed to deliver them. These are simple physical objects than can be procured with little trouble, at low cost, and in a very short period of time - and they are nowhere to be seen.

Now, if CI-G can't deliver such simple things, what on earth makes you think they can deliver any of the other countless promises Genuine Roberts has waffled on about for nearly a decade?

By the time CI-G gets to deliver the USB drives they will be of historical interest only, to be put into the Science Museum alongside punched tapes and Babbage's Difference Engine...

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Ah yeah, the space ship USB thumbdrives! Forgot about that! Brings back memories....

Things were simpler then. ;)

Full colour digital map of the game universe!!

^ that's it - right there :D
That sure is a lot of K — maybe they should have dialled it down to let some of the CMY shine through, but on the other hand, that's just what space looks like. At least it covers the full 100 sextillion km they promised.

For reference,
100 sextillion km = 10²⁶ m
1 Planck length ≈ 10⁻³⁵ m

Size of the SC universe ≈ 10⁻⁹ m², or about 0.001 mm².

Shouldn't the size be in mm³?
That would assume that CRobber understands that space is 3D, and since they used distance to advertise its size, we can pretty safely assume that this isn't the case…

Also, if we wanted to talk about volume we'd have to multiply with another 10⁻³², so we'd end up with 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001 mm³ :D

From the Kickstarter page.
View attachment 135594

For a mere $2,500 pledge, you could have had a physical printed and bound copy. Except of course that you can't, for obvious reasons...

And still available it seems

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom