The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
My bad, lets find out where I went wrong!

Lol. I only entered that brothel because there is a bakery in that street. But since there was a brothel as well, I get to participate in that too. Nothing to do with me or what I want to do, just how the street happened to be. I mean, its not like there are a million different subs on reddit and I chose voluntarily where to post. Nope, when there is a sub I just happen to participate in it.

Ah, I see. You didn't pay to get access to a closed forum to craptalk SC, you merely paid to get access to a closed forum with the added benefit of craptalking SC. Man, did I get that one wrong too! :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I don't care if someone is weird and obsessed like this or not. The annoying thing is how some constantly talk crap about other communities by finding odd people in them, ridiculing them behind their back and pretending they represent anyone else. If you want to point fingers at random internet strangers and slap each other on the back about how much you are totally not a weird person yourself just do so on SA. Or grow a spine and talk to these people directly on the forums they post on.

Then people who are interested in the development of the game itself can do so here.

I don't mind unbelievers posting here. I am confident they see the error of their ways soon enough.

So the updates don't expand the universe or possibilities?

Again, the term expansion is not connected to being paid in any way. If you actually mean "paid expansion" (notice how expansion needs a specific word to indicate it is paid), then okay, there's only one, but that was not the subject of the talk you mentioned in your initial quote.

The interim patches certainly expand the game but they are not what is typically viewed as an "expansion" for MMO type games. The designation has been around since early to mid 2000's
WOW - Burning Crusade, Wrath, Cataclysm etc
FFXIV - Heavensward, Stormblood, Shadowbringers
GW2 - Heart of Thorns, Path of Fire
EVE Online - too many to list...
And so on.

All of these games receive large patches for their current expansion but no one ever calls them individual expansions, it's never been that way.

Anyhow, we are getting way off topic here :)

My bad, lets find out where I went wrong!

Lol. I only entered that brothel because there is a bakery in that street. But since there was a brothel as well, I get to participate in that too. Nothing to do with me or what I want to do, just how the street happened to be. I mean, its not like there are a million different subs on reddit and I chose voluntarily where to post. Nope, when there is a sub I just happen to participate in it.

Ah, I see. You didn't pay to get access to a closed forum to craptalk SC, you merely paid to get access to a closed forum with the added benefit of craptalking SC. Man, did I get that one wrong too! :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I don't care if someone is weird and obsessed like this or not. The annoying thing is how some constantly talk crap about other communities by finding odd people in them, ridiculing them behind their back and pretending they represent anyone else. If you want to point fingers at random internet strangers and slap each other on the back about how much you are totally not a weird person yourself just do so on SA. Or grow a spine and talk to these people directly on the forums they post on.

Then people who are interested in the development of the game itself can do so here.

Wow, you're going out on a limb there. I said why, you can choose to accept that or not, your business. And sure, i'll visit the brothel while i'm there :D

I am interested in the development of the game, both as a potential player, should it ever release, and somehow be a game i will enjoy. I am also interested in the game as a source of entertainment and as a project manager (i've been a project manager and someone could write a book with CIG as the example of how not to manage a project, although a great example of how to exploit the desires of people to squeeze them of money).

I have a lot of interest in this project, and that's why i participate in discussions about it. ;)

I hope my having a laugh at the development of SC doesn't distress you in any way.

Last edited:
Maybe if the backers didn’t continually defend SC,whilst continuing to hand over large amounts of cash,it may has encouraged CIG to knuckle down and produce a playable game.

Honestly, I doubt that was a genuine option years ago. When you look at what they've done the last few years and the pile of work they still have to do, I think it was more a case of 'find a way to get near-perpetual funding or close up shop'.

Honestly, I doubt that was a genuine option years ago. When you look at what they've done the last few years and the pile of work they still have to do, I think it was more a case of 'find a way to get near-perpetual funding or close up shop'.

I heard it is some kind of cosplay camp where people can pretend to create a game.

The fact that I am quoting him, on the forum he uses, kinda is the opposite of 'behind someones back'. I also don't claim he is representative of anything or anyone. So no. :)
I see it as badmouthing SA and Reddit as well (by comparing them to brothel, but not only that), though. But maybe you do this on those as well (or something).

The topic is Star Citizen, not the people discussing Star Citizen.

Thanks.

Ah, just to be clear: so we are not supposed to discuss other people discussing this game in general? Or are we just not supposed to discuss those talking here, but are free to ridicule in this topic those who post elsewhere? Thanks for clarifying, there seems to be confusement on this front. :)

Ah, just to be clear: so we are not supposed to discuss other people discussing this game in general? Or are we just not supposed to discuss those talking here, but are free to ridicule in this topic those who post elsewhere? Thanks for clarifying, there seems to be confusement on this front. :)

I think we need to set aside pedantic arguments and discuss the message, not the messengers.

And does that include messengers on other forums or not? Clearly some think it is okay to discuss people on other forums, others do not, and you are the mod. I am just seeking clarification on what you said so there are no further misunderstandings. A simple yes or no is all that is needed. :)

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
And does that include messengers on other forums or not? Clearly some think it is okay to discuss people on other forums, others do not, and you are the mod. I am just seeking clarification on what you said so there are no further misunderstandings. A simple yes or no is all that is needed. :)

I'm not going to give a green light to ridiculing anyone, so let's just discuss the game.

I'm not going to give a green light to ridiculing anyone, so let's just discuss the game.

That's the question though my dear Jenner - is Star Citizen a game?

We've had years of "at this early stage of development X is planned" contrasted with "the game is mostly complete at this point" and left with a plate of 3.6 that still isn't the PU for all backers, not to mention quite possibly the buggiest version available that they haven't released yet.

It all gets rather confusing :D

That's the question though my dear Jenner - is Star Citizen a game?

We've had years of "at this early stage of development X is planned" contrasted with "the game is mostly complete at this point" and left with a plate of 3.6 that still isn't the PU for all backers, not to mention quite possibly the buggiest version available that they haven't released yet.

It all gets rather confusing :D
If curling is an Olympic sport then Star Citizen is a game.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom