The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hey, what about renting ships?

Was supposed to be in 3.6 but got bumped to 3.6.1. So hypothetically, some time before Oct 1st assuming 3.6.1 is before 3.7. But 3.6 is now 19 days late. So something has got to give sooner or later.

yJMDSpC.png

Wasn't Teach's Ship Rental Shop in Levsky the first of several places added in the PU for that? Or was it a one-shot time limited feature, quickly swept under the carpet once they discovered it harms funding?

Teach's is still there and the added a place to buy ships in Hurston and Arccorp with their respective releases. That only let you buy ships that were on the "showroom floor". 3.6 has added kiosks where you can buy pretty much any flyable ship in the game.

What is the usual in game auec and time required per average mission?

It changes patch to patch. In 3.5 bounty hunting was the best way to make money fast.

Lower level bounty hunting was doable in a start ship with upgraded guns in 3.5. Partly because the AI is so dumb.

In 3.6, shields are getting buffed for everything, so it might not be doable in a starter ship anymore.

And if they bring back drug running / illegal missions being really profitable, it could make money making easier.

But with drug running, it was always better if you had friends. We'll see if there is one good spot like there was in 3.4.

Since the PTU give 5 million credits I haven't spent any time looking at money making in 3.6. If it doesnt go live today, I'm gonna look at running drugs tonight to see what it is like.

The other issue is that missions don't really scale with upgraded ships. If you are doing box delivery missions, an Avenger isn't going to be any better than an Aurora. A Cutlass will be slightly better because of the faster QT time, but not that much of an upgrade.

The only thing that scales is buying and selling stuffing (space trucker). But then you are risking your credits to a server crash or getting killed. And even with that the game limits how much you can buy or sell in an amount of time. And how it is limited is extremely boring and frustrating.

Was supposed to be in 3.6 but got bumped to 3.6.1. So hypothetically, some time before Oct 1st assuming 3.6.1 is before 3.7. But 3.6 is now 19 days late. So something has got to give sooner or later.

yJMDSpC.png

Unless of course it doesn't get bumped to 3.7, then 3.8, then drop off the roadmap entirely.

Can't help but feel that ship rentals is just a sop though so they can say "Look! Look! You can easily fly any ship you want!" Rather than, you know, just making all ship prices really really cheap while the game lacks persistance.

Cant they see the inherent contradiction here ? If it's not pay 2 win then why complain about getting a Hammerhead in 2 weeks of grinding ? It should not be an issue, right if it's "not p2w" as they claim ?

It's alpha, if you manage to earn enough cash to get a $750 ship it will get taken away from you in the next update, Whats the problem? They want people to play test them don't they?

Cant they see the inherent contradiction here ? If it's not pay 2 win then why complain about getting a Hammerhead in 2 weeks of grinding ? It should not be an issue, right if it's "not p2w" as they claim ?
I think the pendulum is shifting slowly. The only reason to gently bring the in game prices down is because you need to attract new players. Backers have been more than generous, the moment they aren't funding to the same level, you need new money..The school of whales is exhausted, so you are into regular gamers and the last thing you want is a grind wall so high that it puts people off. This was inevitable and part of the reason why the T&C's have changed. I see lots of wailing of a different sort looming.

It has been a couple hours and no one has responded to my similar question.

TtDMSNU.png
They're just heating up the branding irons — heretical thought must be purged by fire.

…I may have been playing too much CK2 lately to question the rationality of such a response. Also, it's nice to put Paradox's ridiculous DLC scheme into perspective. Infinite (and fully functional) pope-murder can be had for not even a third of a Hammerhead. :D

Last edited:
And if they bring back drug running / illegal missions being really profitable, it could make money making easier.
I've seen reports that with QT interdictions and scans happening frequently (2 - 3 times per run) and no way to avoid them (you can't avoid an interdiction and running away = you get crime status instantly) the drug running is pmuch dead, but we'll have to see.

Maybe CI can balance it (wwwwww)

In conclusion, I don't think Chris Roberts wants to release this game and is hoping deparetly that someone from Hollywood will take note and hire him to turn it into a movie, with him as star film director and film maker.

Everything Roberts did from WC3 onwards was geared towards him "making it" in Hollywood. To his credit, he managed to get his foot in the door. To his discredit, he made the Wing Commander movie and was eventually sued out of the business. But yes, everything he does is framed as being the work of the godlike auteur who has graced us with his genius and is going to show the games industry how it's done. Assuming "it" is how to make money without ever delivering a game.

From all that I have seen in Star Citizen, it plays like a movie, feels like scripted scenes written for someone else and all that is missing is Chris Roberts as Star Citizen.

Actually, the problem he has with SC is the opposite. He wishes it was like a movie, but unfortunately in an open world online game you don't get to edit out the boring bits and replace them with cutscenes (like in the old Wing Commander days). He doesn't have the game design talent, the capacity to trust in the more talented people around him, or even sufficient interest in the moment-to-moment gameplay to fill in the blanks. So instead it's just all big picture waffle, and more ship sales.

It is if you have no intention of finishing both games.
I don't think that's true, from the very limited amount I know about SC, I think they just bit off way more than they could chew. I mean they're trying to do ED AND space legs, which is a tall order for anyone to deliver!

I've seen reports that with QT interdictions and scans happening frequently (2 - 3 times per run) and no way to avoid them (you can't avoid an interdiction and running away = you get crime status instantly) the drug running is pmuch dead, but we'll have to see.

Maybe CI can balance it (wwwwww)

NPC's are still horrible and not worth worrying about. Bring on whatever interdiction happens.

Did a Jumptown run, and it will take hours to sell 6 UEC.

So drug runs are f'd

Stupid game!

Bought 80,000 credits worth of drugs and gave up after selling 6,000 worth.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom