The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Whoa...just played for a bit 3.6 patch....Is there any sane programmer that still working at CIG???What ever that they did with new hovering FM it's just totally insane.....It was silly before but at least it was kind of fun to fly low&fast in atmospheric flight now it's just utterly broken and it feels like garbage,even with the lowest speed ship act like glitchy&broken piece of scrap that moves in totally weird direction that does not have anything to do with gravity or known physics laws....I am done with this patch

Hover mode is so good that it feels bad:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/cd10se/hover_mode/

I don't get how and why someone thought it was a good idea to make hover mode a mandatory one, and not a toggleable functionality.

Ha ha....yeah.....right,here we go....history repeats once again.....I almost forgot with what kind of people we dealing with....
"They won't toggle it, because then we can use spacebreak to get back to exactly what they're trying to avoid.."
A shoehorned duct tape is better than implementing correct physics. As you said: no need for sane programming with such a crowd.

I don't get how and why someone thought it was a good idea to make hover mode a mandatory one, and not a toggleable functionality.
Well....I agree at least they could do that in this stage of the "game" before it gets polished and works as intended.....atm it's just feels broken or I don't know anymore maybe CIG experts really believe that is how supposed to work after all....I do not see the point of all this PTU testing anymore when this kind of Garbage can go LIVE...

Have you played SC? It has never felt like scripted scenes to me while playing it.

Thats because the scripted scenes are not in yet and part of the supah s3cr3t SQ42 gAmE that the devs are producing in tandem with the PU mess without leaks, without any information but rest assured it ll be so supah awesauce that it ll carry the rest of the SC development to its end in 2035 or something because hey....best funny game evah :)

Gonna pull the trigger, where's the free demo at?
🤙

You ll have to wait for the next free fly weekend I m afraid. make sure to share your impression be it good or bad. Our forum is lacking pro-SC opinions

Heh, someone was bound to post something like this.

To be fair we had these voices for years already. Always someone piping up that he is "so rich and doesnt care about money" that he only really wants to support the game and not purchase any anvaantage in this not-play-to-win game cuz there is no win-condition yay. Strangely enough its never picked up by the hordes who selfishly expect something of value in return for all the thousands of dollars they invested putting pressure on poor CIG. I mean how unfair can you be right?

Ha ha....yeah.....right,here we go....history repeats once again.....I almost forgot with what kind of people we dealing with....

the kind of people who will deliver the BDSSE you heathen, how dare you criticize his holiness? LIGHTNING STARES

and just sharing this because I didnt see it already on here, its new and probably news if only to shed some light on the past few years and how backer money was spent. Enjoy :)

I see a lot of non-pilots crying about hover mode, how they would crash their ship because they stop while the nose is tilted down.. they had taken really bad habits from the non-flight model. It seems rather simple and logical if you pay attention to the HUD elements, which they probably never looked at before. For once it's not such a bad idea.
Now, it's full of terrible (and funny) bugs that break the poor physics engine even further... Ships are still totally weightless once the physics detect a collision for instance.

and just sharing this because I didnt see it already on here, its new and probably news if only to shed some light on the past few years and how backer money was spent. Enjoy :)

Looks like it went on some heavily overpriced gaming chairs, office equipment and a hugely distracting working environment.

Looks like CIG have been gifting certain backers with advance access so they could set up their roleplay, and even with that, it still looks like a steaming pile of poo poo.

Yes, looks like they were giving advanced access to the super famous youtuber with checks notes 10 subscribers.

Yes, looks like they were giving advanced access to the super famous youtuber with checks notes 10 subscribers.

Would that be one of the super special giftees that received a system with an erm, oversubscribed PCIE bus whilst simultaneously screaming "16x is the max you <refactored> scrub!"?

Many lulzbuckets exploded that day - it was glorious!

Sometimes it is just really too depressing seeing how the exact same conversations we had 4-5 years ago in the old forum still persist... flight model is still as bad as it was back then.

are you really surprised? Of course this topic goes in circles. Every discussion lasting more then a few hours about the same topic is going to repeat itself. With Star Citizen where new backers come in who dont know jack crap about its history and unwilling to go through it having a great idea or conclusion that was made a hundred times in the past already but of course you ll get reactions.

Its like elementary school. You cover the absolute basics for a year and bring your pupils up to speed only to do the exact same thing next year. And SC continuous in alpha and unfinished status ensures that every discussion or argument treads water all the same. Things change....but never in a definite way like anything gets completed. Its all slight iterations moving from tier0 to tier1 (if you are lucky) or trying out completely new mechanics/features (if you are unlucky) which resets the tier counter. Some backers celebrate "great milestones" and praise CIG for achieving "so much already" but honestly...I cant see any of that. The project today is even further away from release and completion then it was 3 years ago. And as Star Citizen loses traction and steam in progression focus suddenly switches to SQ42 which remains a big mystery enabling backers to hold out and wait a bit more.

Jus saying....the circle jerking is pretty normal I d say. At least this place holds a lot of lulz and giggles while doing it :)

Sometimes it is just really too depressing seeing how the exact same conversations we had 4-5 years ago in the old forum still persist... flight model is still as bad as it was back then.
that is just the problem between dream and expectation vs reality and practicality... people are basically imagining star wars and every other visualized space scifi that have small ship space battles at them while practically refusing the truth that actual "gamefied" space combat is exactly what star citizen try to do, you don't like seeing spaceships becomes space turrets? then you have to add more "gamefied" and unrealistic gamey gameplay design like nerfing the yaw in ED ... you don't want to see seemingly instantaneously accelerate and decelerate in space? then again just add unrealistic "heaviness" like ED... but also then again we have gamers hating ED for precisely like that.

it's either that or double down the "sim" gameplay like rogue squadron, or you go full arcade like wing commander, freelancer, nms, rebel galaxy outlaw etc.

Well, what to expect from a philosophy based upon "let's put as much fidelicious physicalities as possible, it'll magically turn into gamedesign" and "I don't give a manure about common sense or if it could work, if others made something some way we'll do it the other way, because BDSSE" on a frankengine with a screwed up physics engine, directed by someone who doesn't understand zero-g physics.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom