The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
"It's not our fault - the rest of the game is broken" - lol. Somewhat worrying that they're as confused as us about why boxes would drop through floors :)

Perhaps Genuine Roberts has just approved the development pipeline for 4th dimension game mechanics - and we are simply incapable of observing on a 2d screen?

The continued use of Scaleform for UI suggests they might still be using older Cry code. It's distinct proprietary software, which was bundled in with the GLA, but Lumberyard doesn't use it etc. They've seemingly stuck with their old set up there and not moved to the Lumberyard variant.

If Lumberyard adjusted any other things, beyond the UI & networking, then there could be some other legacy stuff that would be clearly Cry & not Lumberyard?

Well, they are supposedly changing their entire UI programming from scratch so they could very well be moving away from Scaleform since they claim the flash format used in the early UI is clunky - moving their programming from everything strictly CryTek sounds about right.

Well, they are supposedly changing their entire UI programming from scratch so they could very well be moving away from Scaleform since they claim the flash format used in the early UI is clunky - moving their programming from everything strictly CryTek sounds about right.
Thats exactly the point : they have to get rid of Scaleform, because it's not fit for the job, and probably mainly because it's a proof they've not switched totally to Lumberyard as Scaleform is not provided with Amazon 's engine

Thats exactly the point : they have to get rid of Scaleform, because it's not fit for the job, and probably mainly because it's a proof they've not switched totally to Lumberyard as Scaleform is not provided with Amazon 's engine

I really do not see however how one could make the argument that they have not switched fully to Lumberyard simply because Scaleform was not provided with the engine - if the same tool works for Cryengine it works for Lumberyard so it would in that case be a case of tweaking the code to work with Lumberyard.

I mean, scaleform is a separate tool that works with multiple types of engines and not something that Crytek can really hang their argument on.

I really do not see however how one could make the argument that they have not switched fully to Lumberyard simply because Scaleform was not provided with the engine - if the same tool works for Cryengine it works for Lumberyard so it would in that case be a case of tweaking the code to work with Lumberyard.

I mean, scaleform is a separate tool that works with multiple types of engines and not something that Crytek can really hang their argument on.

I heard the code whisperer adding scaleform to lumberyard one night, while sleeping.

Devs in charge of missions explain why it's not their fault necessarily.
A rare "It's Alpha?!" direct from a developer?!

Source: https://youtu.be/MuPh3eg276Q?t=892

"lol yeah so what people need to understand is that a mission seems simple, pick up a box, drop off a box, but people have to understand that inbetween those simple points is THE GAME, THE WHOLE GAME"

Jeff Goldblum voice:
That there sounds like some kind of cause/effect shorthand..eh..eh..it should be simple..eh..but it isn't..eh...because of all the stuff "inbetween"..all those layers and layers of complexity every time they want to do something simple eh? WHY?

37upy3.jpg

Last edited:
According to a very strongly worded rage post (which I cannot link because of it) from one of the more fervent believers (you guys here are all so weak-sauce :D) Star Citizen utilizes a polynomial quantum drive calculator attuned for each drive system which CIG had to invent and build first. First time I m hearing about something like this.

Apart from the individual words I have absolutely no idea what the combination of them mean. Can any SC-pro explain the idea or just say its a pocket calculator?

According to a very strongly worded rage post (which I cannot link because of it) from one of the more fervent believers (you guys here are all so weak-sauce :D) Star Citizen utilizes a polynomial quantum drive calculator attuned for each drive system which CIG had to invent and build first. First time I m hearing about something like this.

Apart from the individual words I have absolutely no idea what the combination of them mean. Can any SC-pro explain the idea or just say its a pocket calculator?
Fluid mechanics can be quite complex and so with stuff in the pipeline it is mandatory to know where it's going and that.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom