The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
According to a very strongly worded rage post (which I cannot link because of it) from one of the more fervent believers (you guys here are all so weak-sauce :D) Star Citizen utilizes a polynomial quantum drive calculator attuned for each drive system which CIG had to invent and build first. First time I m hearing about something like this.

Apart from the individual words I have absolutely no idea what the combination of them mean. Can any SC-pro explain the idea or just say its a pocket calculator?

"Polynomial quantum drive calculator" was the only string of five consecutive words in that backer's rant that actually could be posted here, or most socially acceptable places.

"Polynomial quantum drive calculator" was the only string of five consecutive words in that backer's rant that actually could be posted here, or most socially acceptable places.

ah so you saw it too? I m thinking about readcting it and posting it in its entirety

ah so you saw it too? I m thinking about readcting it and posting it in its entirety

Oh yes, and he's still going on the comments section of that article, doubling and tripling down on what he wrote, saying it was all "spot on."

He certainly lives up to his moniker, and may not be the ambassador Cloud Imperium wants supporting their project. (Whether or not he's the ambassador they deserve is still up for debate.)

regardless if his message has merrit or truth to it, the way in which he delivers it simply takes him out of the equation.

Accept what? That it takes YEARS to make a functional game based on technology they had to build from the ground up that DIDNT exist?

You guys are acting like low I.Q. unicorns when it comes to this stuff. Do you not understand that you cant use tech that doesnt exist? Do you fluffy headed unicorns understand that? CIG had to BUILD a polynomial quantum drive calculator attuned for each drive system, and flesh out a procedural galaxy generator. That technology, at scale, DID NOT EXIST when they started working on the game.

There is no SCAM, there is no poo-poo, they had to BUILD that technology from the ground up because NO ENGINE in existence can do what they had to build.

DO YOU RAINBOW-SPRINKLE UNDERSTAND THAT?

It took them three and a half years to build that technology and another year to stabilize and optimize that technology. Now that its complete, they're working on content creation.

The diversity hires at BioWare Montreal spent three and a half years trying to build the exact same technology and FAILED, so EA had them scrap that and start over with Mass Effect: Andromeda and we got the poo-poo that we got.

You nor any other ignorant unicorn will ever address that. You'll continue to wade around in your intellectual filth and yellow poor lives because you havent half the brains to accomplish what the engineers at CIG did, and in your jealousy you would rather slag them through the mud than at least appreciate the fact that because of what they accomplished this tech can now be scaled and distributed as propriety technology for other projects. What they did helps the industry overall.

EA nor Ubisoft are doing that all. They are REGRESSING the industry with degenerate diversity politics and the deconstruction of Western values. Their games are used for little more then Left-wing agitprop and instead of focusing on how thats HURTING our industry you not-so-bright, slave-worthy unicorns would rather complain about the ONLY development studio in the ENTIRE COOL WORLD working on technology thats advancing the ENTIRE COOL GAMING INDUSTRY.

I d still like to know what a "polynomial quantum drive calculator" is or what he "thinks" it is. Right now I think its a fancy word for "calculator".

Last edited:
regardless if his message has merrit or truth to it, the way in which he delivers it simply takes him out of the equation.

I d still like to know what a "polynomial quantum drive calculator" is or what he "thinks" it is. Right now I think its a fancy word for "calculator".
It would make a good title for a B-side,remember them? Jumpers for goalposts,ah......

The word replacement is hilarious, and takes all the teeth out of his rant. It's a good rule to use. If you (the general "you," not you personally) are about to post something out of anger, take a second and replace certain words with other nouns, verbs, and adjectives, and if it makes absolutely no sense, maybe a little more editing is needed.

Regarding the concept, the closest thing I could find was from a year ago, and it was more along the lines of "wouldn't it be cool if..." theorycrafting from the backers. So in the end, there was nothing official about a "polynomial quantum drive calculator," but it sounds like something that would fall into the realm of refactoring, fidelity, and other malapropisms from the folks in charge of the project.

Last edited:
Does he have frog DNA?
That would explain a lot…

As for the “polynomial quantum drive calculator”, I'm guessing that like everyone else, CI use the standard d=√(∆x²+∆y²+∆z²) polynomial equation to calculate how much time you should spend watching cat videos on youtube while moving in such small increments that they can only be measured as a statistical tendency rather than any actual change in position…

OneAngryGamer's short take on the NMS expansion — someone brought up how Hello is trampling all over CIG, and Billy (the OAG himself) didn't take that well…

According to a very strongly worded rage post (which I cannot link because of it) from one of the more fervent believers (you guys here are all so weak-sauce :D) Star Citizen utilizes a polynomial quantum drive calculator attuned for each drive system which CIG had to invent and build first. First time I m hearing about something like this.

Apart from the individual words I have absolutely no idea what the combination of them mean. Can any SC-pro explain the idea or just say its a pocket calculator?

I have no idea what that dude is smoking but it sounds awesome and i want some of it.

Nor do i have ANY idea whatsoever about what he is rambling about.

Closest i can find is Google who gives me:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=15...hUKEwjc8e7O0v_jAhVjk4sKHcF4CooQ4dUDCAo&uact=5

https://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0511096

Honestly, without more things to back up claims i think he is off his meds.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom