The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You're making it personal now my friend, taking your rather fanatical views on Ci¬G and tarring ordinary folks like myself and others with a tainted brush due to those skewed views is bordering on abusive...certainly offensive..which seems to be your intent rather than any form of discussion.

Go sit yourself down and have something with less caffeine before hitting that old keyboard warrior button...this isn't SA. I'm no Ci¬G fanboi in the first instance... which if you had taken time to actually read some of my posts before lining up your next torrent of abuse...you might have actually noticed.

I fly imaginary pixel spaceships matey boy...nothing more, the politics of C¬G's financials, it's business practices and rabid commentary on either side of the fence I leave to more excitable folks like you.
Of course it's ing personal, as an ex backer I have absolutely zero reason left to be polite on anything star citizen related and it's supporters of any kind; they have done everything wrong about the whole thing that were in the very least insulting to any sane people who backed this thing in the first place, and have continuously been in the same state for years (like just last week, where CIG revealed that they sent their people abroad to record generic audio in a literally generic college lab, as if it couldn't be done anywhere near their studio, and they showcased it all up, as if it's something to be proud of at this stage, hah... how utterly insulting that is to any sane person). People find it funny, laughable and cute? People still find excuses to pretend to be just neutral concerning this? like that this is just a game? that this is just a harmless couple hundred dollars or something like that of a fun investment gamble or such? people don't take this seriously? ha... after everything that have happened, no it's not just a game, the fact that there was a concern that if star citizen collapsed it could bring video gaming crowdfunding system down with it, is proof enough that this isn't just a simple case of a tame game failing to meet expectations, and I'm way past treating all this as just a game, this is an atrocity that is still running under the umbrella of a well meaning established system that is supposed to give mutual benefit to all parties involved and thus shouldn't be tolerated anymore, I find it's utterly disgusting even that I still see star citizen made it into news outlets as if everything is normal and acceptable and should be tolerated.

Decent ordinary folks who just wanted a different space game have been very badly let down by CR.
If that helps, KSP2 will be out next year and there are quite a few very interesting space games around as the genre is seeing a resurgence these years. Rebel Galaxy Outlaw looks real good too. And if you want to scratch that PvP itch there's the wonderful Infinity Battlescape, that dares to look miles better than SC but done with a shoestring budget and 3 guys. My money spend in SC was totally disposable (and the outlook is not so good for any kind of return on investment..) and i have no religion about it. I'm a space game enthusiast, from Jumpgate to Elite Frontier to EvE and Elite Dangerous.. oh yeah 3030 Deathwar Redux might fill your needs for space faring too it's really great :)

Last edited:
You let me down. :(

Its a $675 mine layer.

Imgur gallery: Source: https://imgur.com/a/j94VJgN

CEAkKrO.png
"includes sequential serial numbering according to production order".

jpegs have a production order?

Just an FYI. My car is worth less than $675.

It's real, too. 109,000 miles.

Real miles.

Carry on.

Mines only a 2015 Nissan that cost about $22k from the stealership - 5300ish miles since new :D

Mines in Star Citizen - the gameplay possibilities are endless! Spewing out dozens of mines and carpet saturating Olisar for teh lulz, only to find they fall through the geometry or only detonate in proximity to player entities would be hilarious. Can't wait to see how on earth they plan on implementing this :D

Mines only a 2015 Nissan that cost about $22k from the stealership - 5300ish miles since new :D

Mines in Star Citizen - the gameplay possibilities are endless! Spewing out dozens of mines and carpet saturating Olisar for teh lulz, only to find they fall through the geometry or only detonate in proximity to player entities would be hilarious. Can't wait to see how on earth they plan on implementing this :D
Protip: They don't.

Of course it's gently caressing personal, as an ex backer I have absolutely zero reason left to be polite on anything star citizen related and it's supporters of any kind; they have done everything wrong about the whole thing that were in the very least insulting to any sane people who backed this thing in the first place, and have continuously been in the same state for years (like just last week, where CIG revealed that they sent their people abroad to record generic audio in a literally generic college lab, as if it couldn't be done anywhere near their studio, and they showcased it all up, as if it's something to be proud of at this stage, hah... how utterly insulting that is to any sane person). People find it funny, laughable and cute? People still find excuses to pretend to be just neutral concerning this? like that this is just a game? that this is just a harmless couple hundred dollars or something like that of a fun investment gamble or such? people don't take this seriously? ha... after everything that have happened, no it's not just a game, the fact that there was a concern that if star citizen collapsed it could bring video gaming crowdfunding system down with it, is proof enough that this isn't just a simple case of a tame game failing to meet expectations, and I'm way past treating all this as just a game, this is an atrocity that is still running under the umbrella of a well meaning established system that is supposed to give mutual benefit to all parties involved and thus shouldn't be tolerated anymore, I find it's utterly disgusting even that I still see star citizen made it into news outlets as if everything is normal and acceptable and should be tolerated.
Ok...but what has that got to do with hurling abusive comments at the likes of little old me? I don't work for Ci¬G, don't particularly like them that much...and to add to the social pariah status...I actually like Origin Access enough to be a premiere sub.

I have absolutely no issues with you despising Ci¬G, it's affiliates or even Chris Roberts dog. Just leave me out of your need to abuse something because you once spent a few bucks on a failure of a space game... we've all been there...except for Fritz.

Last edited:
Ok...but what has that got to do with hurling abusive comments at the likes of little old me? I don't work for Ci¬G, don't particularly like them that much...and to add to the social pariah status...I actually like Origin Access enough to be a premiere sub.

I have absolutely no issues with you despising Ci¬G, it's affiliates or even Chris Roberts dog. Just leave me out of your need to abuse something because you once spent a few bucks on a failure of a space game... we've all been there...except for Fritz.

what the frick? Why did you do that for? You want me to retaliate with another wall of text because I will you know....just keep poking....

I assumed this was sarcasm too. But nope, it's jmp470.

Happy walking, I guess?
Heck yeah! Still loving SC, warts and all. I’m also very happy with my 600i explore purchase.

I’m tempted by the 890j, but, it’s a little to big for my style. I’m more of a Solo player vs. Multi. So the 600i is a better fit for me.

I’m also excited for KSP2. I’ve stopped watching development of games, so I’m not sure what’s coming out

I’m so excited for the 890J!!!! A large ship, you can actually walk through, with known sizes!!!! Best a space sim can offer
You'd think that the best a space sim can offer would be something like great gameplay, excellent controls, brilliant flight dynamics, perhaps even spectacular space-sights to behold and mysteries to resolve… but apparently, it's all down to known sizes and walking. Good thing too, or SC would be completely out of the running, rather than at least qualifying as a consolatory runner-up.

I guess Space Engineers is the best space sim ever.

Also, how do you lay mines in an environment where you can approach from any direction? That's going to take a lot of mines to get even reach a minute and pointless degree of coverage.

mines could be magnetic or having a large AoE....this feature surely is punching above its weight...HAS TO for that price. I like how neither details not the gameplay support minelaying at the moment. A mystery and added potential...what could go wrong?

Well...after I found the damned cockpit...or is it bridge? On the 890 Yuppie yacht...this was after 3 attempts since it took me so long to find a working elevator to get into it... then wandering aimlessly around inside trying to find the bridge, the ship was stored twice before I actually got it off the planet. I eventually found one of my mates who knew his way around one and showed me the way...personally... I think it needs idiot signs all over it. I landed a Cutlass in the hangar area as a test a bit later on, which was nice, a bit like strapping my Harley onto the back of a motorhome I suppose...

It's very white and full of glass bits...like a municipal toilet facility and very much in the same vein as the 600i explorer... which I had before I melted it...and loathed for the irritating dental whiteness of it just as much. The 890J is certainly of no use to me since there's absolutely no function for it...it does have 3200 SCU of cargo space..but I can't land it anywhere except Lagville Lorville or the Hotel California of Area 18 making it a zero option for the cargo shuffling.

It's very pretty (if you're a dentist)... but also pretty functionless...which also goes for the equally pointless $675 jpeg of a beer-can-thrower Ci¬G are now trying to sell, war bond as well so new money only...no CCU'ing something else up to this one. Perhaps someday they'll actually get around to working on something to do with the rest of the broken and useless ships they've sold, put into the project as flyable but half finished and totally ignoring any actual gameplay to go with them :rolleyes:

5uWr0ab.png

s6ZfVns.png

XuraVNg.png

Ac8aftQ.png

2HDaR9P.png

du8o68w.png

qa0d3lv.png

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom