The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Isn't it amazing they are still talking about trying to get persistence a full 8 years into the project! Has any game ever presented a basic function like this as such a Herculean, decade-long endeavor?

What year are they planning on answering the call and implementing it?

Last edited:
Isn't it amazing they are still talking about trying to get persistence a full 8 years into the project! Has any game ever presented a basic function like this such as a Herculean, decade-long endeavor?

What year are they planning on answering the call and implementing it?

What are you talking about? Persitence has never been done before!

Are blood O2 levels going to persist between logins? Or will GI-G invent a highly fidelicious offline rest and recuperation mechanic?

Will the bespoke procedural generation subsumpted AI create persistent unique entities? I can’t wait for the inevitable whisky-swilling opera singing sandwurmie :D

Are blood O2 levels going to persist between logins? Or will GI-G invent a highly fidelicious offline rest and recuperation mechanic?

Will the bespoke procedural generation subsumpted AI create persistent unique entities? I can’t wait for the inevitable whisky-swilling opera singing sandwurmie :D

That's a start,but we can go deeper.

Imagine, you've been injured, someone dragged you off the battlefield and took you to a medical ship. The medic starts to operate on you, but its time for him to do his homework, his mum is calling, and he needs to log off. Does his ship despawn? Do you just lie there on the operating table sans doctor? Do you slowly bleed out?

All these questions need answers! Unless of course, CIG don't implement mechanics that are so dependent on dreams.txt....

Are they out of pre-alpha yet? And if they are, are they close to, or in to, beta yet?

I appreciate that it doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious where CIG think they are in the developement process.

As an aside, does anyone remember those bar charts showing the normal proportion of time spent in each phase in game development? I'd hate to see what such a 'rule of thumb' guide currently projects for the full release date for SC and SQ42. 2026?

Are they out of pre-alpha yet? And if they are, are they close to, or in to, beta yet?

I appreciate that it doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious where CIG think they are in the developement process.

As an aside, does anyone remember those bar charts showing the normal proportion of time spent in each phase in game development? I'd hate to see what such a 'rule of thumb' guide currently projects for the full release date for SC and SQ42. 2026?

According to CIG they are doing great but of course its "early days" and take all the mentions of "what is winning", "technically we are already in early access" and "MVP" with a grain of salt.

According to CIG they are doing great but of course its "early days" and take all the mentions of "what is winning", "technically we are already in early access" and "MVP" with a grain of salt.

Aaaah. So no-one knows. Brilliant.

#NeverBeenDoneBefore

I'm only half paying attention to todays video - but did I just hear that there's currently a bug preventing the server from properly flying your ship when you leave the pilots seat with engine still engaged?

I'm only half paying attention to todays video - but did I just hear that there's currently a bug preventing the server from properly flying your ship when you leave the pilots seat with engine still engaged?
Probably - i tried that and indeed i was then disconnected from the server with an obscure error message. It was from before 3.6.2 (current patch) but i guess they never fixed it.

But why offload local input substitution to a server in the first place? It's the ideal scenario for client input proxy - low latency and very little additional bandwidth demands, and you don't need the server constantly mashing "Keep all inputs at 0 for this entity" back to the client which then has to contest both player input "Hey I got back in my seat since my last update!" and the next server "Oh no you didn't!" mess.

It even disconnects the ship inputs if you type on the chat screen, never mind if you leave the seat.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom