The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So...caves, FPS mining and prison gameloops....boy I m excited. I sure dont know what Star Citizen wants to be anymore but as long as the announcements keep coming I m happy :) Means this corpse still has a pulse and refuses to die.

Imaginary and irrational?
So...caves, FPS mining and prison gameloops....boy I m excited. I sure dont know what Star Citizen wants to be anymore but as long as the announcements keep coming I m happy :) Means this corpse still has a pulse and refuses to die.

... and perfect for Tonks. Drive them into caves, shoot ore bearing rocks, and prison crowd control. Parking at my beachside land plot.

CIG are tying everything together so nicely.

It does make sense - you get caught for a crime (prison) - sent to break rocks (FPS mining) in a cave (cave). It's all starting to come together.

It almost makes me wonder if the SC devs are looking too much at the ED forums - "hey guys, I see lots of threads over there about the C&P system, and about mining and people complaining they can't have real caves - I have a cunning plan"

I'm still completely puzzled at how anyone would think of "caves" when asked what to add to the current state of the BDSSE. Clearly in someone's mind, that was the clear missing piece. At best it's complete delirium.

I'm still completely puzzled at how anyone would think of "caves" when asked what to add to the current state of the BDSSE. Clearly in someone's mind, that was the clear missing piece. At best it's complete delirium.
People keep asking for caves in ED, which also puzzles me - I can count the number of spelunking games I own on the fingers of ... zero hands. I mean sure, if you have every other thing modelled in your galaxy then why not, but when you can't even use a door without dying...

People keep asking for caves in ED, which also puzzles me - I can count the number of spelunking games I own on the fingers of ... zero hands. I mean sure, if you have every other thing modelled in your galaxy then why not, but when you can't even use a door without dying...
Did someone mention escape from Butcher's bay?...I have a strange need to play that all over again after all this talk of caves and prisons.

I want submarines... in underwater caves. After all, how can CRoberts claim a BDSSE without submarines... phhhffft. And the submarine needs to be able to transport my Tonk.

At the risk of being 'Yaffled' I can't help but notice that a.n.other space game has almost all of these elements already in game. Not Mentioning Source. No Mean Success. Happy Guessing.

SC is not Subnautica... It's supposed to be the BDSSE, and there's still no basic game loop in there. Who cares about under water if there's nothing on the surface or in space either ? What kind of gameplay do caves or underwater add to the current compete vacuum ?

One aspect to the seemingly endless alpha (or whatever) that is at the back of my mind, having played way too much Planet Coaster in beta (even though that only lasted a month or so), is that those who stick with the development to the end may well find themselves burnt out and bored rigid when (or if) the game ever 'goes gold'.

I am assuming they live that long, of course.

TBH the current pre-alpha is boring rigid after 15 minutes or so...
I dunno. Currently spreading my wealth among some new folks who get frustrated after losing all their meagre aUEC to bugs. Paid 150k for a taxi ride to Olisar from Levski when one particular new guy was left with exactly 2aUEC after his ship disappeared. It took me almost half an hour to make that 150K back in the 🐛 ...almost as long as it took to convince him I wasn't taking the mickey or was going to log out and not pay him...and since he had a Mustang single seater as his ship, I even gave him one of mine to taxi me over with...and to fly around with for the rest of the night. I like helping folks out.

2.5 million aUEC and counting...got to get rid of it before the 3.7 PTU comes along anyway.

Last edited:
I dunno. Currently spreading my wealth among some new folks who get frustrated after losing all their meagre aUEC to bugs. Paid 150k for a taxi ride to Olisar from Levski when one particular new guy was left with exactly 2aUEC after his ship disappeared. It took me almost half an hour to make that 150K back in the 🐛 ...almost as long as it took to convince him I wasn't taking the mickey or was going to log out and not pay him...and since he had a Mustang single seater as his ship, I even gave him one of mine to taxi me over with...and to fly around with for the rest of the night. I like helping folks out.

2.5 million aUEC and counting...got to get rid of it before the 3.7 PTU comes along anyway.
Exactly, it's boring unless you spent hundreds of dollars minimum, otherwise you rely on rich players helping you. Which makes free fly events and the game overall (for solo players) a chore.

I'm truly loving my Avenger Titan! Its a phenomenal little ship, with the agility to do every mission.
Here is a dead NPC that I got doing bounty hunting missions. I collected his corpse to ensure I got the bounty!

Took some serious damage getting him and his friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom