The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So, you say LTI is worth $475? Is it really that useful that its worth hundreds of dollars?

I find that hard to believe, not just because of the sum involved (which in itself is quite scary), but because as far as i know, nobody really knows what LTI will provide.

It’s honestly a hard question to answer, except to say that I feel better having it, versus not. That way, regardless of how they implement insurance, my basics are covered. It’s a touchy-feely thing, I guess.

It’s honestly a hard question to answer, except to say that I feel better having it, versus not. That way, regardless of how they implement insurance, my basics are covered. It’s a touchy-feely thing, I guess.
Hmmm...Srry to say this but that sounds exactly like someone that might have an addictive personality disorder issue.....

Deleted member 110222

D
Right guys give it to me straight. What kind of specs would I be looking at needing to play this game at 1080p? I won't comment on FPS specifically but I run a 60hz display.

Time to start putting together what I need to save up for over the next few years.

I guess so. I just struggle to understand.

Ok, i can understand wanting to help development (and it not being contingent on getting more powerful ships, but my opinion only of course). I like how FD did it. Name a planet, name a star, etc. They did offer better ships to certain tiers of backers, but it was at the level of a Cobra, not an Anaconda.

But what i can't understand is wanting something that is not only undefinied, but actually nebulously left undefined and in that state for many years. CIG could have at any point in the last 8 years have definitively said what LTI will actually do. People pull certain quotes to support their assumptions about LTI, but as far as i can tell, none of them are actually definitive statements.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong. But as things stand, it all ties into dreams.txt. Let the backers believe whatever they want to believe. The game will be everything to everyone.... until its actually implemented.

Right guys give it to me straight. What kind of specs would I be looking at needing to play this game at 1080p? I won't comment on FPS specifically but I run a 60hz display.

Time to start putting together what I need to save up for over the next few years.

No worries, you've got plenty of time. By the time the game is released you'll have a computer more than capable of playing SC. I think by the time SC is released we will have invented Deep Thought...

Hold on a minute... Deep Thought will have said 42 was the answer!

Holy moley! We just misunderstood all along, and so will have the mice!

EDIT: Apologies for my grammar. I've never mastered the tense of future willenhavebeen imperfect. We really need a backer in here, they are masters of talking about future events as though they have already happened.

Last edited:

I remember people posting on forums about "Star Citizen ready" builds in 2014.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS

You need really beefy CPU(4c/8t at least) with desirable SSD space for a game also I will recommend 16Gb of ram and at least GTX 780 or AMD R9 380(as minimum).....But the problem with the FPS is also depended from the server side not to mention billions of bugs and broken physics....GL

Last edited:
Seriously nice pictures and kudos to folks responsible for planet surfaces at SC studio for creating this environment. Hows the FPS on planets btw?
Surprisingly alright given how broken and old is the engine, there was some behind the scenes performance tuning done, if you stay out of surface cities you get 60+fps in 1080p with gtx1080 class GPU. Cities do destroy that performance though. Also it really pales in comparison with Infinity Battlescape...

Well save up if you will or build your PC for an existing game. This is still quite a work in progress and even the engine itself doesnt seem to be definitive...
Throw 32GB of RAM at it and a 2080Ti and you'll get slowdowns. The jankiness of movement and physics engine synchro kill most of the perceived performance. Forget having a definitive spec for the few years to come.

I remember one guy (or actually several) saying he had built a PC specifcally for SC in 2016, and since then upgrading again, and again.

There is no point building a PC for SC now, since nobody knows what specs it will require.

However, with Chris "Fidelity" Roberts at the helm, its a safe bet peasants will not have good experience playing SC, should it ever actually release.

Deleted member 110222

D
Surprisingly alright given how broken and old is the engine, there was some behind the scenes performance tuning done, if you stay out of surface cities you get 60+fps in 1080p with gtx1080 class GPU. Cities do destroy that performance though. Also it really pales in comparison with Infinity Battlescape...

Well save up if you will or build your PC for an existing game. This is still quite a work in progress and even the engine itself doesnt seem to be definitive...
Throw 32GB of RAM at it and a 2080Ti and you'll get slowdowns. The jankiness of movement and physics engine synchro kill most of the perceived performance. Forget having a definitive spec for the few years to come.
That's understood. Thanks. Didn't realise how ropey it was. Guess I'm just getting frustrated with space games in general. Why are they so buggy?

You might want to work on that. A smiley can help people understand when you are making a joke.

Thing is, there are some people who would take it seriously, so its hard to know when some are in full on raging cultist mode and when some people are having a laugh.

Don’t get all emoji on me!!! I was just starting to like you. 😂

That's understood. Thanks. Didn't realise how ropey it was. Guess I'm just getting frustrated with space games in general. Why are they so buggy?
You'll be please with I:B then it's running really smooth and by now they are adding the textures, fluff, high level gameplay...

I remember buying a computer for VR, what a waste of money, as VR was like playing pong in the 80’s, IMO....
Hyperbole much ? Elite is a blast in VR. Actually one of its best applications (DCS too but that requires some beefy machine). Driving sims rock too. Loved Edge of Nowhere and Star Trek Bridge Crew with friends. Just to name a few...

There is no point building a PC for SC now, since nobody knows what specs it will require.

^^^^ this!

Performance can be acceptable even on old 3rd gen i5's with 3Gb GPU's. It can also be acceptable on brand new stonking eyewateringly expensive gear. That's the problem - it can also reach slideshow level on new gear as well as the old stuff - because the performance problems lie at CI-G's end, unless you are running a potato for tehlulz :D

SSD is basically a requirement. RAM is a major problem - and Star Citizen gobbles it up like nobody's business. 16Gb doesn't cut it, 32Gb is barely scraping by, 64Gb seems to be the current sweet spot. Let that sink in :(

You'll be please with I:B then it's running really smooth and by now they are adding the textures, fluff, high level gameplay...

Hyperbole much ? Elite is a blast in VR. Actually one of its best applications (DCS too but that requires some beefy machine). Driving sims rock too. Loved Edge of Nowhere and Star Trek Bridge Crew with friends. Just to name a few...

I know it’s subjective, but, I’ve returned every VR headset I tried. I have not written off VR totally, but, I prefer my Ultra wide monitor more.

Deleted member 110222

D

Oh that's interesting if you mean Infinity: Battlescape?

I hadn't heard of it before.

Going to take a deeper look. Thanks!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom