The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just because they backed a VR headset doesn't mean they will design a game that in any way is compatible with VR in any way. :D

Another fine example of how hardware development is constantly outpacing CIG's infinite dithering.

Oh look Agony Aunt, “a confessed paid by DS to bash SC, on contract” has yet another comment on how I spend my money! You need to learn how to let it go. You should really go back and read all of your comments since I bought it and realize it’s over man, I’ve already spent the money.

But, since you love giving me financial advice, here is my latest discussion with my wife you can weigh in on:
Do I buy the Tesla Model X normal version or do I spend the extra $20K on the performance model?

The normal version goes 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, while the performance one does it in 2.7! What are your thoughts? After we solve this issue, then we can move on to the fence or tropical oasis landscape debate we are having too!

You seem to be very rich.
I admire you now!

You seem to be very rich.
I admire you now!

This is how it should be. The backers who splurge on big ships are to be worshiped as gods amongst mortals. Peasant players should be happy to serve on the ships of the whales. If only the peasants had worked harder in life then they could also be flying thousand dollar spaceships and have peasants of their own to order around.

Could be worse, I guess…
c2a6d534c55f4c664150083dda87e76131259397_full.jpg

This is how it should be. The backers who splurge on big ships are to be worshiped as gods amongst mortals. Peasant players should be happy to serve on the ships of the whales. If only the peasants had worked harder in life then they could also be flying thousand dollar spaceships and have peasants of their own to order around.
Am i doing it wrong?

A want shiny ships but i want to be left alone by other players regardless of their imagined riches.

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
if you Google "server side object container streaming" the only hits you get refer to CIG and Star Citizen. It seems that no one else in the world has ever heard of such a thing 🤔

They must all be behind the times. It's not like it's just a made up thing for making excuses.... Right?

Oh absolutely. Servers only loading the assets it needs to perform its calculations and unloading them when not needed any more, all according to a nested interest-based schema is such a genius technique that only a true CRobber could have thought of it.

if you Google "server side object container streaming" the only hits you get refer to CIG and Star Citizen. It seems that no one else in the world has ever heard of such a thing 🤔

They must all be behind the times. It's not like it's just a made up thing for making excuses.... Right?

Or maybe its only CIG that have made such a pig's ear of the code that they need to implement it!

Or maybe its only CIG that have made such a pig's ear of the code that they need to implement it!
Nah. It's more a case of CIG being so woefully lacking in experience and know-how that they make a big deal out of every discovery they make, even (or especially) the ones that everyone else made two decades ago and that are now considered the most basic of early design considerations by those who have made, or at least read up on, on-line games before. If you discover something big, you get to name it, right? And if those who already discovered it gave it a different name, then your different name surely means it's actually something completely different.

Everything old is new again! …assuming you never bother to investigate what has already been done.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom