The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The troll-lol-lolz don't steal the ships these days since they're now locked by default....if they see a group of them sitting around somewhere, they just blow them up...you know...for the lulz.

I guess in a way it would be more fun to get the emergent gameplay brigade to camp the ship, and welcome the returning miner with a firing squad then :D But hey, maybe if Chris wakes up one morning, he'll expand the scope with a set of electric lockpicks, where enterprising second hand ship dealers can play a minigame to get your ship open and fly away with it. Blowing them up seems too easy.

I guess in a way it would be more fun to get the emergent gameplay brigade to camp the ship, and welcome the returning miner with a firing squad then :D But hey, maybe if Chris wakes up one morning, he'll expand the scope with a set of electric lockpicks, where enterprising second hand ship dealers can play a minigame to get your ship open and fly away with it. Blowing them up seems too easy.

First he will have to watch a film with electric lockpicks in first before he can have the genius never done before idea of electronic lockpicks.

Wouldn't it be more delicious awful if a miner returned to his ship on a barren piece of rock, only to find someone had changed the locks, he didn't have a lock pick and was left to run out of air, shaking their fist and howling in rage?...

Just a thought...

And the number of the pipeline shall be 3!

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

Having just read the following about Google Stadia...

Specifically Bakar notes Google’s “negative latency” will act as a workaround for any potential lag between player and server. This term describes a buffer of predicted latency, inherent to a Stadia players setup or connection, in which the Stadia system will run lag mitigation. This can include increasing fps rapidly to reduce latency between player input and display, or even predicting user inputs.

Yes, you heard that correctly. Stadia might start predicting what action, button, or movement you’re likely to do next and render it ready for you – which sounds rather frightening.

So does that count as the fastest system if technically some clever algorithm is anticipating your actions for you? We’ve received a heads-up (thanks!) that negative latency, powered by a datacentre’s worth of compute silicon, may offer future cloud gaming systems flexibility to anticipate the likely action of a user, and ensure a speedy response ready for that potential eventuality. Whether or not a player takes the anticipated path or another entirely remains dependent on local player inputs.

I foresee cig making reference that they've been working on it quietly hush hush for years/months and are just waiting for the network cable to be corrected.

I foresee cig making reference that they've been working on it quietly hush hush for years/months and are just waiting for the network cable to be corrected.

So the power that be are creating a game that plays itself? Super Cruise autopilot on steroids!!

It's such a horribly bad idea for a solution to a non-problem that you can be pretty sure that CIG will spend a fortune failing to make it work.

It's such a horribly bad idea for a solution to a non-problem that you can be pretty sure that CIG will spend a fortune failing to make it work.
To be honest, network lag prediction is almost as old as multiplayer games over internet. There's nothing new here, techniques have been refined over the years (using splines instead of linear interpolation, for example), and i suppose AI may improve on that again, but using fancy words to describe that is dishonest at best...

and i suppose AI may improve on that again, but using fancy words to describe that is dishonest at best...
AI is just statistical models where nobody knows what they do. It's a perfect match for Google though, who most of the time don't know how to do things either. (Guess why it's that big fad in software...)

News from the exclusive realm of those that keep falling over their disposable incomes, the concierge rubber room...there's a new Chairman's club rank...Praetorian. If ye fancy dropping the price of a 3rd world countries national debt to get in, you get an exclusive black and gold 600i for free...and there's a new free badge as well :whistle:

Last edited:
Of course the Caterpillar emerged victorious...is there any other type of ship? Maybe now Ci¬G will get around to actually finishing it :unsure:

This is pure speculation, in part due to how ready they were with trailers for the top ships in the brackets - but what if this was predetermined for a CitCon announcement (with the added benefit of site/social media traffic)?

“Time to celebrate” LMAO.

If ye fancy dropping the price of a 3rd world countries national debt to get in, you get an exclusive black and gold 600i for free...and there's a new free badge as well
That's a very odd definition of “free”… I'm not entirely convinced that word in combination with that conditional really works that way.

This is pure speculation, in part due to how ready they were with trailers for the top ships in the brackets - but what if this was predetermined for a CitCon announcement (with the added benefit of site/social media traffic)?
I'm always suspicious of everything they do...but I still want them to finish the 🐛;)

“Time to celebrate” LMAO.

That's a very odd definition of “free”… I'm not entirely convinced that word in combination with that conditional really works that way.
You did detect the tongue in cheek sarcasm I hope?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom