The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the “fun” and “enjoyment” aspect is pretty much completely besides the point. You can enjoy and have lots of fun with two sticks, especially if there are two of you — as social critters, that generally matters more to almost any of us. The question is why so many settle for, and even defend, only having two sticks when what they actually ordered was beef wellington. Also, they're not fancy wooden sticks, but some kind of form-pressed packing foam.

People are different, thats why. "Fun" also isnt a really important factor in all this. We are mostly discussing SCs capabilities, both promised and actual or rather the discrepancies between the two. Or if what SC tries to accomplish really is that special? To me the game seems to be rather boring or too restricted but I only speak for myself. The people who try to paint me as a madman or hater simply for calling out lacking qualities are more entertaining (and shocking). Of course you wouldnt need SC for this. Flatearth, cults, politicians...people can argue over anything...regardless how ridiculous or pityful it is. SC simply started out as a project I was interested in. Over time it became pretty clear that its impossible to achieve for Chris and CIG, could have walked away right then....stayed for the community...hows that for irony? :)
If I payed 500 bucks for a turd, it better be good, cos noone wants to admit to spend money on sheet. The more money they spend - the larger the bias. They'd rather make parties to celebrate the exclusive turds than admit it's a turd.

I can't see anyone touching this project with a 10ft pole if it becomes a floater. The claims that MS, EA or some other megacorp is salivating over this turd is as believable as SC's roadmaps.

The idea being that some big publisher out there is looking on in utter amazement at how much money people will throw at a game if pitched just right. They want a slice of that sweet sweet whale pie.

And all it will take to get it is produce a space game MMO, something many publishers/devs wouldn't have much problem doing, and probably in just a few years.

This idea has been thoroughly mocked by some SC backers who don't believe that a "greedy publisher" could or would do this.

Main stream publishers won't ever come near Star citizen, the sleazy reputation of the board of directors and legal controversy surrounding the project certainly rules that out. Average gamers may not have heard of Ci¬G or star citizen...but I can assure you within the industry, they'll know all about it and be laughing into their coffees.

...But then again...the marketing possibilities of Star Citizen with loot boxes...now there's a thing ;)

Last edited:
It should also be noted that Star Citizen isn't a profitable product. It has slurped a ridiculous amount of cash from whale wallets, sure, but not enough to cover the costs. So little of what has been sold has been delivered, so all that money has achieved is to build an increasingly immense pile of liabilities.

Looks like Sandi wants a new handbag or Chris got a new never done before idea, and CIG is craving for fresh money from citizens that are not believer enough (aka Aurora owners) :

1d1985cc1c988f5698e1ccb3654dea0a.png

It should also be noted that Star Citizen isn't a profitable product. It has slurped a ridiculous amount of cash from whale wallets, sure, but not enough to cover the costs. So little of what has been sold has been delivered, so all that money has achieved is to build an increasingly immense pile of liabilities.

As long as it enables all people on board to draw valid paychecks its a winning scenario...especially for the management who probably grants itself generous annual boni

Looks like Sandi wants a new handbag or Chris got a new never done before idea, and CIG is craving for fresh money from citizens that are not believer enough (aka Aurora owners) :

1d1985cc1c988f5698e1ccb3654dea0a.png

What's the price on that "upgrade"?

EDIT: OVER 100 FREAKING DOLLARS!

So, they are trying to tempt people who went in at bottom dollar to spend 3 times as much?

What's up? Are the whales running dry or something?

Looks at funding chart

And apparently its working...

I weep for humanity.

Last edited:
What's the price on that "upgrade"?

EDIT: OVER 100 FREAKING DOLLARS!

So, they are trying to tempt people who went in at bottom dollar to spend 3 times as much?

What's up? Are the whales running dry or something?

Looks at funding chart

And apparently its working...

I weep for humanity.
Also upgrades the package with LTI, but LTI isn't important... or is it?

For anyone interested in some bearded folks talking about utterly theory crafted and imaginary stuff...Star Citizen live.

As a proud wearer of a real genuine mainframe beard, that's some amateur beardage right there. I'll hopefully get a chance to watch that tonight, snuggled up with the lulzbucket :D

Also upgrades the package with LTI, but LTI isn't important... or is it?
More predatory money grabbing by way of inducing backer paranoia and using that as a vehicle to push LTI warbond 'sales'. If it comes to a point where you can actually lose digital items you paid real cash for and are forced to pay ingame credits to get use of them again after they're destroyed...it'll kill Star Citizen off faster than a case of space warts.

It also opens up a huge potential for a seedier black market and a form of gold farming... rather than the grey market we have currently. The majority of my ships have LTI tokens on them anyway...thanks to shopping on the grey market to replace or CCU some ships I had with the basic 6 month to 2 year coverage.

Last edited:
But... I can see the inside of my ship.

If anything, the video highlights how little you get for so much effort in smaller ships - the cockpit is easily a third of the crew quarters and from the rest you'll see cargo hatch. Hundreds of hours of work (modeling, texturing, etc) that you can consume within a minute.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom