The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Smash that sandwurmie!

Today's video - apparently a pew-pew mission on an 890 Jump! Framerate, physics, AI, sound, entertainment - urm, not even up to Quake 3 standards. Why is that ship wobbling about all over the shop after small-arms fire? Why is the famous "we trace every bullet from the barrel!" completely absent? Why are decals appearing on completely incorrect surfaces?

Three days ago and ya got hours of SC game play.
LMAO no. Let's go trend spotting in what he actually features and peddles…

Compare that post-Nov.1 content to pre-Nov.1:

It's cute that people still try to maintain the hallucination that he's in any way attached to the game — any game —beyond what's dictated by the marketing contract. But the cuteness does not eliminate or invalidate how stupid it also is.

Last edited:
Not a 30 minute journey to a destination with no enemies on a 50 player server where you land and LARP shooting at imaginary enemies.

Man, as an old EVE player a 30 minute journey sounds like heaven.

• Gather at the proposed time
  • Wait two hours for the other 500 people to finally log on
  • Got to destination in 10-20 minutes
  • Bait enemy for 30 minutes
  • Get drunk during this time
  • Have an awesome running battle across an entire star system for two hours, looting wrecks to find more ammo so we can continue the fight.

Man, as an old EVE player a 30 minute journey sounds like heaven.

• Gather at the proposed time
  • Wait two hours for the other 500 people to finally log on
  • Got to destination in 10-20 minutes
  • Bait enemy for 30 minutes
  • Get drunk during this time
  • Have an awesome running battle across an entire star system for two hours, looting wrecks to find more ammo so we can continue the fight.
At least you get some gameplay in EVE.

Hey, citizens, CMDR Spilcapes here. Can someone please describe me the activities in star citizen and it's differences between same activities in ED? I know the existence of mining, combat, mission, exploration mechanics, but i don't know the difference between ED. And are they any other activities besides that i already said?
I am russian, so sorry for my mistakes.

Hey, citizens, CMDR Spilcapes here. Can someone please describe me the activities in star citizen and it's differences between same activities in ED? I know the existence of mining, combat, mission, exploration mechanics, but i don't know the difference between ED. And are they any other activities besides that i already said?

Short Answer:

AliveSparseAmericanshorthair-max-14mb.gif

Longer Answer:

SC has less ship gameplay, some ‘running around’ gameplay, but all of it is compromised by being in a buggy ‘pre alpha’ state.

If you want a stable game with established gameplay loops SC is definitely not it currently.

If you purely want to enjoy the assets, walk on a moon’s surface, buy metal pants in a station store etc, then you’re good. You can do basic trade runs, ‘find the thing’ missions etc, foot & ship mining, horrible NPC combat, and ‘emergent’ PVP combat, if the bug gods smile on you. And/or if you have purchased the required ship (with real cash for permanent ownership, or in-game creds between wipes. You can also buy creds with real cash.)

In short, it’s a pre-alpha, that will nudge you towards spending money to make the existing gameplay more accessible / the bugs more bearable.

At least you get some gameplay in EVE.
Yea, but there was very little gameplay compared to all the waiting except for a few interesting moments.

It was especially fun being a stealth bomber colliding with another stealth bomber and we decloaked, looked at each other in surprise for a few seconds and then my friends blasted him to dust.

I mean, what are the odds.

I'm not even sure about "in" the more I think about it. This is slated for 3.8, so I can't say yet if it's guaranteed to be in the update, or if it will get kicked down the road like other "coming soon" features.

And deprive myself of the comedy of watching idiots tie themselves into ever more elaborate knots in their desperate attempts to convince themselves that any of it is real? Don't be daft.

Yes, watching idiots posting their elaborate conspiracy theories can be quite entertaining. Especially when they think they know everything. The more self righteous the idiot, the higher the entertainment value.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom