"The Stones"

Has anyone tried checking systems between HIP69200 and Chukchan, we know the ship was still flying with the mystery artefact and maybe more things with clues were abandoned inc the artefact itself between those points?

But there is active Thargoid ship today, as witnessed by all who visited crashed SRV. There's a Thargoid coming down and hovering, so they are there.
Yes, gathering barnacles, like everywhere else.
I was just referring to the idea that "something's coming".
It came long time ago. From the logs it's clear that those people knew nothing about Thargoids and it was first encounter with Aliens for them.

Great thread!

Here's a little photo story (with spoilers I guess) from my own investigations this morning.

"Dr Murphy I presume?"

a4G1glg.png

"Dude, I think someone's coming!"

2bMI3XB.png

"Oh crap!"

r8IZdSR.png

aqoMoUq.png

"Don't worry Dr Murphy, I'll protect you!"

IIk2ODW.png

"Do you mind! We're having a moment here!"

n8mCcgs.png

"Uh oh, time to leave!"

BY8eWqQ.png

Sometime later ...

q6EogAx.png

hfdIFg7.png

Last edited:
Yes, gathering barnacles, like everywhere else.
I was just referring to the idea that "something's coming".
It came long time ago. From the logs it's clear that those people knew nothing about Thargoids and it was first encounter with Aliens for them.

yeah that caused me confusion at first, why was scientist calling the Thargoid Barnacles "the stones" when they had been already discovered elsewhere so I assumed the "stones" was something else, before stepping back and considering the date!

But there is active Thargoid ship today, as witnessed by all who visited crashed SRV. There's a Thargoid coming down and hovering, so they are there.
So the reasons for thargoid activity are many and varied.
  • bog-standard FD style "oh, there was nothing much here before, so nobody will notice if we suddenly put a bunch of stuff there.
  • notwithstanding that, the barnacles have been there since 3111, but for whatever reason the thargoids abandoned that region, and the Interceptor is part of a scout group to confirm they're still there, thanks to human harvesting making them more scarce.
  • thargoids are moving to occupy the coalsack for strategic reasons, since Barnacle seeding precedes occupation... though that has chronology issues
  • I'm the last person to entertain this usually, but the barnacles may not even be sowed by the group of thargoids we usually face.
  • maybe barnacles aren't truly thargoid in origin, and they've been integrated to current thargoid... err... society.
  • they were always there and we just never noticed, again, notwithstanding the first point.

yeah that caused me confusion at first, why was scientist calling the Thargoid Barnacles "the stones" when they had been already discovered elsewhere so I assumed the "stones" was something else, before stepping back and considering the date!
Someone also said that the stones part may be a remark pointed at us - when barnacles were first discovered people stood looking at them for ages (in their SRVs :) )

• bog-standard FD style "oh, there was nothing much here before, so nobody will notice if we suddenly put a bunch of stuff there.
  • notwithstanding that, the barnacles have been there since 3111, but for whatever reason the thargoids abandoned that region, and the Interceptor is part of a scout group to confirm they're still there, thanks to human harvesting making them more scarce.
  • thargoids are moving to occupy the coalsack for strategic reasons, since Barnacle seeding precedes occupation... though that has chronology issues
  • I'm the last person to entertain this usually, but the barnacles may not even be sowed by the group of thargoids we usually face.
  • maybe barnacles aren't truly thargoid in origin, and they've been integrated to current thargoid... err... society.
  • they were always there and we just never noticed, again, notwithstanding the first point.
tinfoil hat on

or.. maybe all this "Alternate historic event" due Thargoids knows where is Raxxla, and utilize it as time machine ?

Did the company seed them as an experiment or know all this to begin with though? It is / was a giant pharmaceutical company and not an exploration corp so that presumes they (the company) knew the 'stones' had something of value. Or, was the company set up by a higher conspiracy to check out that area and were used themselves?

According to its flight plan, the Adamastor
  • started its journey on the 26th (entry #1) from an undisclosed location (suspected, but not confirmed, to be Chukchan)
  • (entry #2 of the 28th is missing)
  • went to Synuefe XE-Y C17-7 (entry #3) on the 29th for an undisclosed action on the listening post
  • It then went to Musca Dark Region on Oct 30th (entry #4), which is in sync with Carver's log entry
  • Final entry (#5, Oct. 31) registers a ship launch (Carver escaping in the sidewinder?).

The information in that local galnet article in Chukchan is interesting - discussing either the original flight plan, or the journey after picking up the Thargoid thing in Musca - via two systems to an undisclosed location in Barnard's loop. This last bit of information does not seem to receive a lot of attention, there might be something left to discover here.

• started its journey on the 26th (entry #1) from an undisclosed location (suspected, but not confirmed, to be Chukchan)
  • went to Synuefe XE-Y C17-7 (entry #3) on the 29th for an undisclosed action on the listening post
  • It then went to Musca Dark Region on Oct 30th (entry #4), which is in sync with Carver's log entry
  • Final entry (#5, Oct. 31) registers a ship launch (Carver escaping in the sidewinder?).

The information in that local galnet article in Chukchan is interesting - discussing either the original flight plan, or the journey after picking up the Thargoid thing in Musca - via two systems to an undisclosed location in Barnard's loop. This last bit of information does not seem to receive a lot of attention, there might be something left to discover here.
We need to wait for the listening post to be fixed first i guess?

Did the company seed them as an experiment or know all this to begin with though? It is / was a giant pharmaceutical company and not an exploration corp so that presumes they (the company) knew the 'stones' had something of value. Or, was the company set up by a higher conspiracy to check out that area and were used themselves?
That was another thought; are they actually seeded by humans, having been discovered earlier by Azimuth, who didn't realise they'd attract goids?

We need to wait for the listening post to be fixed first i guess?
This might shed some light on the missing flight plan entry from the 28th. However, did anyone search in HIP 39748 and HIP 33386 (mentioned in the local galnet article) yet?.

This might shed some light on the missing flight plan entry from the 28th. However, did anyone search in HIP 39748 and HIP 33386 (mentioned in the local galnet article) yet?.
i seen post here in the thread somewhere. It is nothing in that systems.

Yep. Nothing. I figure they're just waypoints to give a bearing to the LP system.

That was another thought; are they actually seeded by humans, having been discovered earlier by Azimuth, who didn't realise they'd attract goids?

Thats my presumption- Azimuth and its predecessor knew these things were special and did a test. It could beg the question- are there more test 'farms' we don't know about, and, having seeded them have they introduced a wolf at the door considering prior Thargoid attacks? When the Thargoids marched into the bubble was it because of this?

Local galnet talks about original flight plan, which points to listening post in Synuefe XE-Y C17-7.
I suspect that's where they received orders to go to Coalsack Nebula.

Top Bottom