General / Off-Topic The tale of a tail, and a little Chemistry puzzle

How do you get a rat out of a car if it likes the upholstery?
Tried leaving the doors open and putting a trail of bait away first. Nope.

It ate the glue traps, tripped the snap traps, tolerated baking in an enclosed car in the tropics for a day, chowed down on half a pound of rat poison, broke the snare wire in my Tilong build, slept through firecrackers, somehow discharged the Supercapacitor in the Taser trap, ignored my Ultrasound gun, and found the Moruga Scorpion Peppers deliciously spicy.

After 10 days of failure, we had to use the Walter White approach. I made a poison gas bomb. Chemistry FTW!

It was hard to get chemicals in an epidemic lockdown, so we were stuck with household substances.

I had iodine, acetone nail polish remover, isopropyl alcohol, bleach, detergents, flour, baking soda, sal ammoniac smelling salts, oil, vinegar, and potassium permanganate crystals, and camphor mothballs.

Can you make poison gas with that?
I came up with a few ideas, and we went with one, but just for fun, post your recipe ?
Use the ingredients list if you like, or suggest your own!

Sadly we couldn't use just carbon monoxide from the exhaust ( hybrid electric). It would deplete the battery too much to cycle, and not a lot of fuel in the tank.

Tenacious rat there. Surprised the glue traps didn't work, those things are evil sticky.

As for a recipe it's kinda tricky, a lot of things can cause damage to your car.

How did the get in there in the first place? Where was it hiding? Surely there cant be that many places to hide in a standard car.

Top Bottom