The true Assassin isn't who you think it is.

Not Feds : If the Feds wanted a war, there are plenty of easier ways to do it.

Not Thargs : They don't strike me as master manipulators. If they were, they wouldn't be engaging in station demolition.

Alliance ? Possible. They would benefit from a Fed/Imp war, but it wouldn't be that profitable. Seems like a lot of risk for a dubious return.

Imperial Politics ? Probably. It might send a message while leaving the real decision makers in a position to make the 'proper' choices. Lots of possible suspects : Salome's crew.. Nova Imperium.. Marlinists... other imperials. Or maybe Harold has been up to something besides drunken parties.. maybe he was plotting a come back ? Recruiting Senators for a surprise appointment ?

What we really need to know is what Harold Duval has been up to the past year or so that caused him to become disposable.

I don't know what to think or who is responsible

All I know is that we have lost the last true Duval

There is no Empire of Duval any more, the line is broken.

The Neo-Martinist have won, in such that there is no Hereditary Imperial Line any more.
Is Aislings not the lasts of the bloodline, being Harolds daughter?
And, if with childs, not continues the line?
She was sired froms royal loins, no?

Not Feds : If the Feds wanted a war, there are plenty of easier ways to do it.

Not Thargs : They don't strike me as master manipulators. If they were, they wouldn't be engaging in station demolition.

Alliance ? Possible. They would benefit from a Fed/Imp war, but it wouldn't be that profitable. Seems like a lot of risk for a dubious return.

Imperial Politics ? Probably. It might send a message while leaving the real decision makers in a position to make the 'proper' choices. Lots of possible suspects : Salome's crew.. Nova Imperium.. Marlinists... other imperials. Or maybe Harold has been up to something besides drunken parties.. maybe he was plotting a come back ? Recruiting Senators for a surprise appointment ?

What we really need to know is what Harold Duval has been up to the past year or so that caused him to become disposable.
What about a new set of aliens? Ones we haven't seen yet. Maybe even the Guardians (who somehow made a return).

Is Aislings not the lasts of the bloodline, being Harolds daughter?
And, if with childs, not continues the line?
She was sired froms royal loins, no?

She is an Illegitimate Daughter of Harold
Just as Hardrian is an Illegitimate son of Hengist
Arrisa is an Illegitimate Daughter of Hengist at best

Though I think it is more than that behind Arrisa's rise to power

Harold was the last Legitimate Duval.

And thus with Arrisa being elected by the Senate, the Neo-Martinists are closer to their objective now there is no legitimate Imperial Line.

Legitimate? Illegitimate? Does the 34th century Empire really care about such Victorian/Medieval silliness?
Same biological bloodline anyway...
I imagine they do, appearances are very important to Imperial society. I'm sure it's certainly true that if Hengist had another, legitimate, child who had not been removed from succession, they would have been Emperor and Arissa wouldn't have had a look in regardless of age or experience.

That said, Aisling will still have plenty of support from some quarters since she would be a better option than breaking the royal line entirely.

She is an Illegitimate Daughter of Harold
Just as Hardrian is an Illegitimate son of Hengist
Arrisa is an Illegitimate Daughter of Hengist at best and stuff...
Excellent write-up btw..
It would seem fair to assume that the lavignys and blaine are involved in what seems seems to be a revenge based conspiracy.
One other thing did stand out, in "the courtship of aisling...", why is aislings called the emperors daughter? Are we missing somethng here?
Did the emperor likes to sow his seeds far and wide?
Would there have been a scandal if the truth of aislings true heritage was known, so parentage was passed to harold?
Is this in some way connected to harolds removal from succession?
I hopes we find out a great deal more about aislings in the future...much to tells i think.

I think its the Children of Raxxla funding and arming the NMLA to strike at an old member of The Club after the assassination of CMDR Salomé.

"Kahina was presumed dead until March 24, 3303, when she was identified as the perpetrator of a theft of Meta-Alloys from Darnielle's Progress in Maia" (FROM WIKI).
Those Meta-Alloys could have been used to feed Thargoids.
Thargoid-tech based explosives where used.

Harold Duval's hedonistic lifestyle and reputation as a less playboy may have been an elaborate ruse to keep him shunned so he can operate beneath suspicion... or be a symptom of a lifestyle associated with The Club.
And as a potential member of The Club, the thargoids would want him out of the picture to weaken the organization before, say, launching an offensive or establishing a foothold in the bubble.

For the Children, its two birds with one stone - revenge and carrying on the legacy of revealing The Club.

JOKES
Someone has to make it about Raxxla :p

Top Bottom