Community Event / Creation The 'unofficial' Elite Dangerous Lore Tour

Fun story - my ex had to move to Slough for a year for work.
Got a reasonably affordable place for the time being while there.
Within the first week, discovered the reason the flat was cheap was because it was in the red light district, and people would keep pulling up in cars next to you as you try to walk home from work in the evening.
Then there was the morning of waking up to a dead cat on the doorstep.
Turned out a while later that it wasn't some kind of mafia threat, but a neighbour had run it over in the road and just "guessed" at where to put it.
That place is a trip.

How far away from this is Sol? Will we be jumping around much?

61 lightyears from Sol - no jumping around planned - but you may find a Sidewinder useful when you get there. A more lighthearted stream this evening.

Cheers,

Drew.

61 lightyears from Sol - no jumping around planned - but you may find a Sidewinder useful when you get there. A more lighthearted stream this evening.

What are the chances we'll have smashed our sidey to pieces by the end of the evening? Going to land us on a 12 g planet this time? A notoriously cheap ship.

EDIT

Don't get me wrong you had me at:
shenanigans

EDIT2

Not wrong about that one. Chalk up two wins to me.

Last edited:
All this talk about Sidewinders, there must be some inside joke I'm missing!
The Hammers of Slough like to have fun in Sidewinders. During this tour episode, they did some Demolition Derby. Stock Sidewinders with no shields ... race around the inside of the "ring" around the mail slot of the station and smash into other sidewinders. Last one standing is winner. I lost many sidewinders today. I didn't win once. A few times I boosted to try to smash into someone and ended up hitting the station, killing myself. It was fun.

The Hammers of Slough like to have fun in Sidewinders. During this tour episode, they did some Demolition Derby. Stock Sidewinders with no shields ... race around the inside of the "ring" around the mail slot of the station and smash into other sidewinders. Last one standing is winner. I lost many sidewinders today. I didn't win once. A few times I boosted to try to smash into someone and ended up hitting the station, killing myself. It was fun.
Yeah, I was there, but only until I realized today's "adventure" had little to do with either lore or a tour, and then I went back to whence I came. I will likely skip the rest of the "tour", as there isn't much gameplay to be had for me during these events. I love listening to Drew talk about the lore, but I can listen to him while doing dishes or pirating in Borann. In the absence of Interstellar Initiatives (dumb Frontier, dumb) I will give Drew an A for effort, but purely "social gatherings" in ships has never been compelling gameplay to me personally.

So for this week are we supposed to be in Lave as per schedule or Nefertem where we were supposed to be last week?

Early response appreciated if anyone knows, don't want to find out last minute again.

On tonight's Elite Dangerous Lore Tour we go back to the heart of the original game in the Lave system, to learn about GalCop, The Old Worlds and the Far Colonies with special guest Dave 'Selezen' Hughes! See you there, Lave Station, at 8pm UK (UTC+1) http://twitch.tv/drewwagar

1588840107723.png

On tonight's Elite Dangerous Lore Tour we go back to the heart of the original game in the Lave system, to learn about GalCop, The Old Worlds and the Far Colonies with special guest Dave 'Selezen' Hughes! See you there, Lave Station, at 8pm UK (UTC+1) http://twitch.tv/drewwagar

View attachment 172279
Thanks Drew!

Just one question: you haven't mentioned the metadrives and Turner's research during the past stream when you explained the hyperdrives. Are you planning to talk about that in one of the episodes? :)

Lave 2 is Permit locked by request of author Alan Stroud - according to Wiki

Just before anyone else gets too worked up about something that public knowledge

Edit: anyone watching on catchup can stop the vid 5 mins after arrival at Tionisla Graveyard - just turns into a moanfest after that, no lore at all, much like the other weeks.

And dont watch it with kids, no warnings but plenty of swearing

Last edited:
And about why Mars doesn't have its moons: my educated guess is because Phobos and Deimos are way below the mass thresholds of the smallest planetoids found in the game.

Top Bottom