The War of the Old Worlds

As of March 22nd, 3304, Orrere Freedom Coalition has declared war on The Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corps.

A little history goes a long way. When The Code’s Player Minor Faction was introduced in Orrere, it didn’t take long for our bounty hunting enemies in the Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corp to take notice and work against it. The Code was focused on pirating trade routes and Community Goals and paid no mind to the work of BGS groups. After a couple years of Federal control, several (bored) Code members managed to win the system back. The Code ran a heist against the Teamsters Logistics Corporation, unintentionally sowing discord within the group when the traders combat logged on the thieves. Disaffected ex-Teamster players spent the following 9 months actively working to undermine The Code’s minor faction, in revenge for the heist.

After the news of 3.0 series of game balance updates, The Code of Pirates has been steadily working to regain control of our home system, as our own wretched hive of scum and villainy. It has been a difficult process with a small subset of a large PVP player group contributing to a BGS-related task in a high-population system. Progress was slow, but steady, without obvious evidence of external interference. On March 20th, 3304, the Reorte Mining Coalition expanded into Orrere, and gained influence fast. We discovered it was the Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corps pushing this faction. AEDC is pushing the RMC for one reason: Make the Galaxy Green, at the expense of all other player interests and treaties. After diplomatic negotiations broke down, we have been left no other option. War.

The Code are standing up for Anarchy. Not just for the good of The Code, but for the good of the galaxy. Anarchy systems are disappearing. Most recently, Bunda has been flipped to lawful faction control. With the new Crime and Punishment system, Anarchy systems are important to all players, now more than ever.

• They provide a place for lawless gameplay to be sought-out to avoid heavy punishment
  • They provide a haven for those unfortunate enough to have inadvertently acquired a fine or bounty
  • They provide PVP pilots and pirates with a “quarantine” to duke it out without interfering with CMDRs wishing for Lawful gameplay

To achieve these goals, The Code, Forsaken Hunters, the Black Flag Project, and many other players and groups have pledged support to the Orrere Freedom Coalition. The current mission of the Coalition is to free Orrere, but with the broader goal of freeing former Anarchy systems from the tight grip of Law.

Our demand is clear and simple: Back Off Orrere. We cannot condone this hostile takeover and all must combat this action now to discourage future Alliance aggression throughout the bubble. AEDC has refused to back down, and other Alliance groups must either condemn the AEDC’s goal or risk being caught in the crossfire. The community as a whole needs to come together to fight. Not just for Orrere, but for FREEDOM in the galaxy. Join the Orrere Freedom Coalition, serve our common interests, and fight back.

The Orrere Freedom Coalition

Orrere Freedom Coalition Discord

Last edited:
As of March 22nd, 3304, Orrere Freedom Coalition has declared war on The Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corps.

A little history goes a long way. When The Code’s Player Minor Faction was introduced in Orrere, it didn’t take long for our bounty hunting enemies in the Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corp to take notice and work against it. The Code was focused on pirating trade routes and Community Goals and paid no mind to the work of BGS groups. After a couple years of Federal control, several (bored) Code members managed to win the system back. The Code ran a heist against the Teamsters Logistics Corporation, unintentionally sowing discord within the group when the traders combat logged on the thieves. Disaffected ex-Teamster players spent the following 9 months actively working to undermine The Code’s minor faction, in revenge for the heist.

After the news of 3.0 series of game balance updates, The Code of Pirates has been steadily working to regain control of our home system, as our own wretched hive of scum and villainy. It has been a difficult process with a small subset of a large PVP player group contributing to a BGS-related task in a high-population system. Progress was slow, but steady, without obvious evidence of external interference. On March 20th, 3304, the Reorte Mining Coalition expanded into Orrere, and gained influence fast. We discovered it was the Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corps pushing this faction. AEDC is pushing the RMC for one reason: Make the Galaxy Green, at the expense of all other player interests and treaties. After diplomatic negotiations broke down, we have been left no other option. War.

The Code are standing up for Anarchy. Not just for the good of The Code, but for the good of the galaxy. Anarchy systems are disappearing. Most recently, Bunda has been flipped to lawful faction control. With the new Crime and Punishment system, Anarchy systems are important to all players, now more than ever.

• They provide a place for lawless gameplay to be sought-out to avoid heavy punishment
  • They provide a haven for those unfortunate enough to have inadvertently acquired a fine or bounty
  • They provide PVP pilots and pirates with a “quarantine” to duke it out without interfering with CMDRs wishing for Lawful gameplay

To achieve these goals, The Code, Forsaken Hunters, the Black Flag Project, and many other players and groups have pledged support to the Orrere Freedom Coalition. The current mission of the Coalition is to free Orrere, but with the broader goal of freeing former Anarchy systems from the tight grip of Law.

Our demand is clear and simple: Back Off Orrere. We cannot condone this hostile takeover and all must combat this action now to discourage future Alliance aggression throughout the bubble. AEDC has refused to back down, and other Alliance groups must either condemn the AEDC’s goal or risk being caught in the crossfire. The community as a whole needs to come together to fight. Not just for Orrere, but for FREEDOM in the galaxy. Join the Orrere Freedom Coalition, serve our common interests, and fight back.

The Orrere Freedom Coalition

Orrere Freedom Coalition Discord

Well written. Power to the player factions and their systems along with the right for them to defend them. I hate seeing people fight over a few systems when we have so many. Its really a waste of time for all of us(player factions)

Placeholder BRB.

Oh my goodness gracious me. [shuffles into slippers and puts teeth back in].

Did someone go and wake up the Code again? Oh dear. I though I saw Anopheles rattling the bars of Dangus Discussion a few months back.

For those of you with shorter memories here's some background from (blows dust of data chip - peers through spectacles) uh March 3301.
Oh sorry about getting dust in the eyes of the little XBOX kiddies.

[video=youtube;qpNtexCIoW8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpNtexCIoW8[/video]

[video=youtube;YQRSHg0IcZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQRSHg0IcZo[/video]

[video=youtube;3JRqhj7as6Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JRqhj7as6Y[/video]

Ahh those were the days. Mind you I didn't leave Trevethick Dock until June that year, so this was already old news by the time I got my sea legs.
I really must get onto finishing my video: LEESTI UNAUTHORISED - The true story of the wars for the Old Worlds
Looks like there could be a new chapter.

And for those who wonder why we care about The Old Worlds, here's one from 3302.

[video=youtube;TUgiHUa9EWg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUgiHUa9EWg[/video]

Last edited:
Good luck to you, but this should be interesting for a different reason. I wonder if you'll have finished taking it over before the Thargoids get there... If I were you I'd tell Gluttony to stay the frell away from Orrere :D

A little history goes a long way. When The Code’s Player Minor Faction was introduced in Orrere, it didn’t take long for our bounty hunting enemies in the Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corp to take notice and work against it.

Not true.
We considered it, but decided to leave you be.
Despite you having been gifted control of Orrere when FD inserted you in to the system as ruler and overnight taking a Corporate system away from Mahon's Leesti bubble.

You losing control of Orrere was nothing to do with AEDC.

You were however, threatening to take the Old Worlds off the Alliance and turn it in to a pirates paradise. You had some degree of success - for a while - but there was no way we were going to let you continue with that plan. You were the aggressors in that action.

But that's all many years ago.

After the news of 3.0 series of game balance updates, The Code of Pirates has been steadily working to regain control of our home system, as our own wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Steadily is the word.
The Code has been sat below 10% since the end of June last year.
It's taken you over a month to go from 10% to 18% (with a brief spell at 22%).
And now you expect everyone to believe that you're actively working your faction?

Pull the other one!

How can you claim to be keeping Orrere Anarchy when it's currently ruled by a Federation Corporate and has been for years.
How can you condone an Alliance faction for pushing for control of a system that you haven't controlled, nor made any attempt to control for nearly 2 years!

Last edited:
Your activities in Orrerre had not gone unnoticed. Code and any groups working alongside them should remember that the Alliance is a powerful enemy. We also have many allies. We will study your progress with interest.

Now this is interesting. Haven't heard of The Code in ages. Thought you guys were dead.

When The Code’s Player Minor Faction was introduced in Orrere, it didn’t take long for our bounty hunting enemies in the Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corp to take notice and work against it.

Not true. You proclaimed to take the Old Worlds and build a "New
Caribbean", which was the reason why AEDC and other Alliance groups had to move in.

The Code of Pirates has been steadily working to regain control of our home system, as our own wretched hive of scum and villainy.

With all due respect, I'm observing the Lave cluster for many months now (since the Lave war, to be exact) and there has barely been any BGS activity in Orrere. The recent gain in influence which The Code experienced was mostly due to the controlling faction losing influence because of a war in Gurney Slade. Looks like I'm more aware of what's going on in your neck of the woods than you are - and I'm pretty much on the other side of the Mahon bubble.

The Code are standing up for Anarchy. (...) The current mission of the Coalition is to free Orrere, but with the broader goal of freeing former Anarchy systems from the tight grip of Law.

Nice propaganda, but you're engaging traders, explorers and other peaceful people. You don't care what damage you're spreading. You want Anarchy, the Alliance wants Freedom. These are two different concepts, and the Alliance cannot allow Pirates to take over the Galaxy.

We accepted a single beacon of lawlessness in the northern bubble: San Tu. The PvP community asked for the system and we promised not to implement a non-anarchy faction there. In fact, we supported their cause to offer those poor souls a home, not to acknowledge piracy but to ensure peace for billions of Alliance citizens in other systems. The Code is probably welcome to move to San Tu and make themselves a home there. You have no right, however, to once again take over the Old Worlds and threaten those who respect the law.

If you start going for other Alliance systems, you'll draw the attention of the whole Alliance community and their unshakable determination to defend Freedom and Justice.

Last edited:
Anarchy systems are disappearing. Most recently, Bunda has been flipped to lawful faction control. With the new Crime and Punishment system, Anarchy systems are important to all players, now more than ever.

These are the key issues, as far as I'm concerned.

Anarchies are providing the community with essential services. Actions against anarchies are to the detriment of the community.

I will continue my mission to support anarchist factions throughout the galaxy and frustrate the enemies of freedom whenever and wherever I can.

Last edited:

Powderpanic

Banned
Wonderful Emergent Content at its best!

Bring on the Anarchy!

Let's hope the terrible mode design doesn't allow this content, which is richer than anything the Thargoids have provided. To be ninja'd from safe mode

26yze4.jpg

Powderpanic
The Voice of Griefing

Last edited:
lets keep this thread fairly light hearted lest it be relegated to some lowly forum dungeon. :)

And as DNA has ably presented the old worlds are as special to the Alliance as the home system is to the Code, maybe more so.

Last edited:

Powderpanic

Banned
lets keep this thread fairly light hearted lest it be relegated to some lowly forum dungeon. :)

And as DNA has ably presented the old worlds are as special to the Alliance as the home system is to the Code, maybe more so.

I agree, let us keep this an OPEN and fair discussion.

Powderpanic
The Voice of Griefing

Not true.
We considered it, but decided to leave you be.
Despite you having been gifted control of Orrere when FD inserted you in to the system as ruler and overnight taking a Corporate system away from Mahon's Leesti bubble.

You losing control of Orrere was nothing to do with AEDC.

You were however, threatening to take the Old Worlds off the Alliance and turn it in to a pirates paradise. You had some degree of success - for a while - but there was no way we were going to let you continue with that plan. You were the aggressors in that action.

But that's all many years ago.

Steadily is the word.
The Code has been sat below 10% since the end of June last year.
It's taken you over a month to go from 10% to 18% (with a brief spell at 22%).
And now you expect everyone to believe that you're actively working your faction?

Pull the other one!

How can you claim to be keeping Orrere Anarchy when it's currently ruled by a Federation Corporate and has been for years.
How can you condone an Alliance faction for pushing for control of a system that you haven't controlled, nor made any attempt to control for nearly 2 years!
Ahh yes. The time where they have gone from zero ports to 4 by triggering wars with the other factions to take them and secure the system.

A plan every BGS player would recognise and understand. Well unless they were not very good or taking a cheap shot with no justification that is.

Seems that alongside an active military campaign to conquer everybody who is not Alliance (in complete breach of Alliance principles) we get a good run of misinformation and propaganda, and all at a time when humanity is under threat.

Good to see the principles that formed the Alliance forgotten so quickly by some.

Oh and as a non pirate, non PVP player, I can confirm Capn history as accurate and will be supporting the coalition against superpower military aggression.

I’ll stand against hypocrisy and misinformation by power mad groups who believe military aggression mainly from, now what do you call it, oh yeah cloaked and covert flying (press PG or Solo to most of us). I just find it funny that my position on superpowers aggression and the unfairness in being able to hurt others from safety is so well proved by those who consider themselves the good guys while selling out everything the Alliance is supposed to stand for.

For those Alliance members who do believe and follow the principles it was founded on, I’m afraid you need to sort your own house out or decide whether you want to sell out too.

Now this is interesting. Haven't heard of The Code in ages. Thought you guys were dead.

Not true. You proclaimed to take the Old Worlds and build a "New
Caribbean", which was the reason why AEDC and other Alliance groups had to move in.

With all due respect, I'm observing the Lave cluster for many months now (since the Lave war, to be exact) and there has barely been any BGS activity in Orrere. The recent gain in influence which The Code experienced was mostly due to the controlling faction losing influence because of a war in Gurney Slade. Looks like I'm more aware of what's going on in your neck of the woods than you are - and I'm pretty much on the other side of the Mahon bubble.

Nice propaganda, but you're engaging traders, explorers and other peaceful people. You don't care what damage you're spreading. You want Anarchy, the Alliance wants Freedom. These are two different concepts, and the Alliance cannot allow Pirates to take over the Galaxy.

We accepted a single beacon of lawlessness in the northern bubble: San Tu. The PvP community asked for the system and we promised not to implement a non-anarchy faction there. In fact, we supported their cause to offer those poor souls a home, not to acknowledge piracy but to ensure peace for billions of Alliance citizens in other systems. The Code is probably welcome to move to San Tu and make themselves a home there. You have no right, however, to once again take over the Old Worlds and threaten those who respect the law.

If you start going for other Alliance systems, you'll draw the attention of the whole Alliance community and their unshakable determination to defend Freedom and Justice.

And again ignore taking 4 ports. That obviously isn’t part of BGS work or sensible to do as you start in a system with a population of Billions.

Oh hang on, I got that wrong. 😂

Oh and let’s not forget folks, Alliance freedom comes at the end of a gun and a campaign of war to take control from anybody who isn’t Alliance. 😉

Last edited:
Top Bottom