General / Off-Topic The world has gone mad

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Either that or I am a dinosaur and there is no place for what I consider to be common sense!.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/balls-to-that-human-rights-hearing-in-b-c-trans-waxing-war

And this is worth listening to, its only short. (Jessica hangs up it seems)

Source: https://twitter.com/i/status/1153446102093316097

My 2p..... I totally respect any person regardless of genetically male or female to live how they like, and on a day to day basis I will treat them as they wish (indeed i know 2 people who fit into this)

but equally the moment a person is not allowed to refuse to offer a fairly intimate service to someone they do not feel comfortable with, and that they get so much stress over it they are forced to close up shop, something has seriously gone wrong imo.
Sadly the actions of this lady will in the eyes of some people reflect badly across transgender folk in general.

In the state‘s there was a baker who was not allowed to refuse to service some folks! Because it was against his religion? But as soon as it’s the other way around you can do whatever because religion 🤪

In the states (Calafornia I think) they have banned vaping as it's not proven if it has an effect on your body. But you can smoke/do drugs which is proven to have zero effect - LOL! yes the world has gone MAD!

Everything you care to think about on a society aspect is on a pendulum. At one point it was way over one side meaning that people get hurt or worse. With some education, society revisits its values and tries to correct it. The pendulum often swings wildly the other way. There is a correct position somewhere where rights and respect, equality and diversity can operate in a sensible way but as of yet, humans appear to be incapable of finding it.

I think people on all sides get quite self-focused and allow their rights to trample over the rights of others, for various reasons. At that point respect is gone.

Human society, in the context of the planet, is still in its infancy. Man is a stumbling boy king, no matter how sophisticated we are.

If we don’t burn our home down we may survive long enough to find the right way.

Just sayin... Kent Dorfman

62ecffb418e4f14bfc9f1e1bf54a7e59.jpg

This has nothing to do with the 'desired gender' of the complainant. That is not the issue.

Basically. A male, or a human with male organs, has requested a service, designed for female organs. Therefore, cannot be performed. Is such a service, advertised by the provider, for male clients? I think not; because if it was there would be no story.

Claiming to be not a male and therefore demanding a right of service; is just attention seeking.

Unfortunately, we are feeding that attention.

In the UK, it used to be the right of the vendor; to be able to refuse to serve any customer.

In the UK, it used to be the right of the vendor; to be able to refuse to serve any customer.

Ah, in general i think its a good thing, but of course, it can lead to problems as well. Which is why the anti-discrimination laws exist. You can still refuse service as long as its not discriminatory... problems is, with the modern legal system, all people have to do is claim it was discriminatory, and bang, they have a case.

Its like Ali G saying "Is it because i'm black?", when no, its because you are a twonk!

Try saying that in court though. "No milord, i didn't refuse service to the gentleman because he's a disabled black transgender lesbian, i refused service because he is a wally." Yup, front page of Daily Mail material right there.

In other news, i wonder if they have tried Mr Sheen for waxing their balls.

Ah, in general i think its a good thing, but of course, it can lead to problems as well. Which is why the anti-discrimination laws exist. You can still refuse service as long as its not discriminatory... problems is, with the modern legal system, all people have to do is claim it was discriminatory, and bang, they have a case.

Its like Ali G saying "Is it because i'm black?", when no, its because you are a twonk!

Try saying that in court though. "No milord, i didn't refuse service to the gentleman because he's a disabled black transgender lesbian, i refused service because he is a wally." Yup, front page of Daily Mail material right there.

In other news, i wonder if they have tried Mr Sheen for waxing their balls.
Which is the crux of the whole problem today. Anybody can accuse anybody, of an 'isum' at any time and without good quality recorded evidence, to the contrary. The accused is judged and ostracised, instantly.

Basically. A male, or a human with male organs, has requested a service, designed for female organs. Therefore, cannot be performed. Is such a service, advertised by the provider, for male clients? I think not; because if it was there would be no story.

Isn't "Back, Sack and Crack" still a "thing" amongst certain males?

Sadly the actions of this lady will in the eyes of some people reflect badly across transgender folk in general.
Unfortunately, this is the battle the Trans community faces every day. The true goal of being transexual is to be who you are and integrate into society. However there are people either in the LGBT spectrum or outside it, that give those in the LGBT spectrum a bad reputation and do more harm than good.

The details of this story get (much, much) worse the more you read.

Superficially, it seems that this person is somebody who gets their jollies by provoking conflict - going into female bathrooms while presenting as male and then, when challenged, insisting that they're female and that anybody who challenges them is breaking Canada's (absurd) laws.

Beyond that, however, it seems that this person also lives in an area with a large sikh population, is opposed to immigration, and has been specifically targetting companies with sikh employees with the intention of claiming to be the victim of "religious bigotry" when problems arise.

It has also been discovered that this person has a long history of sending seriously inappropriate messages to female children on social media and seems to have an unhealthy interest in their menstrual regime.

And then, the cherry on the top, this person has recently made an official request for the local authority to provide topless swimming sessions for female children at local public pools, where parents/guardians will be prohibited from entry and the children will be in the sole care of this person.

Utterly disgusting IMO, and causing massive harm to the TG community - people who probably already have a hard enough time fitting in and don't need somebody like this being their "public face".

Last edited:
I firmly believe everybody should be absolutely free to live their lives as they see fit (as long as no others are harmed obviosuly). I also firmly believe that no one should be able to force other people to do things they don't want to do, in order to "feel free". One cannot want freedom and deny others that freedom at the same time.

The transgendered person should be absolutely free to live his/her life how he/she wants. But the other person should also be absolutely free to either shave his/her balls, or not shave his/her balls. Again, one cannot demand to be free while denying others the same freedom.

Last edited:
We are on the cusp of the changing of the ages and 2000 odd years ago some incredibly questionable behaviours were considered completely normal, if not desirable. This is not to say they stopped, they just went underground and are now resurfacing in order to test the waters of acceptance, once again...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom